Handheld gayming is dead. Recommend a game.

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
supergoose
Please Continue...

Re: Handheld gayming is dead. Recommend a game.

Post by supergoose »

pubjoe wrote:
supergoose wrote:I think I may have to get a 3DS XL for the new Zelda game. Would be nice, if they could lower the price for the system a bit.
Dunno about Germany, but if you keep an eye out, it occasionally dips to reasonable prices here. I got mine from amazon in January, £140 with two decent games (Layton and Mario 3D land). It would have been £120 with just the one game. Nintendo were doing a free eshop game offer at the time which helped.
German Amazon has the black 3DS XL for 197€ and that's without a game.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

It's £150 (177€) at Amazon.co.uk at the moment for most colours with no game, and 179€ (for everything except black) from Amazon.de - so pretty much level. You have to catch it at a good time and maybe on a bundle offer. Do you have any German deals sites?
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

IF I was to get one, then it would have to be a black one. I'm not in a hurry, to be honest. I just built a new PC, which is why i shouldn't be spending any money for a while anyway.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

IDCHAPPY wrote:The first monkey ball was a great game at the time though, loved the mini games :D
I loved the first Monkey Ball. The mini games were absolutely superb in multiplayer - I especially loved Monkey Target :awe:
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Super Monkey Ball is in my all time top 10. I think i've had a copy on the shelf since its Japanese release and don't intend on parting with it.
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington »

I played SMB3D last night
the first 10 levels are pretty much on rails. Remembering back to SMB1's first 10 levels, this is a baby's game. In my bag to trade in today (along with Shinobi 3DS which I thought was crap)
all your wiki pages belong to me
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

:-(

Erm :wtf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SELO-XRqLr8"
davewellington wrote:Pushmo/Fallblox - Awesome puzzle games from Nintendo.
Thanks, I'd never heard of this. Looks like a little gem. Huge review scores.

:awe:
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Handheld gay Ming:

Mendel
Please Continue...
eBay: 81Mendel
Initials: PNM

Post by Mendel »

o1s1n wrote: Ghost Recon is really worth playing too. It's not some generic shooter, but a tactical turn based game. Would have done much better if it wasn't packaged the way it was.
+1 for this. It´s made by the Gollop, the one who made the original X-com game. This doesn´t quite have the depth but it has all of the addictive.
Narrowly Avoided Catastrophy owner´s club
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

supergoose wrote:
pubjoe wrote:
supergoose wrote:I think I may have to get a 3DS XL for the new Zelda game. Would be nice, if they could lower the price for the system a bit.
Dunno about Germany, but if you keep an eye out, it occasionally dips to reasonable prices here. I got mine from amazon in January, £140 with two decent games (Layton and Mario 3D land). It would have been £120 with just the one game. Nintendo were doing a free eshop game offer at the time which helped.
German Amazon has the black 3DS XL for 197€ and that's without a game.
It's back at £130 in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008DS4XB8/ref=nosim"
sploit

Post by sploit »

Shinobi is great on the 3DS as is Sonic Generations. :)

Only tried the demo of Rhythm Theif, but the demo was Excellent.

Monkey Ball on 3DS as others have said. On the Nintendo EShop you can get some decent stuff too, Mutant Mudds is excellent (a retro styled platformer with an awesome effect using the 3D screen you jump between foreground middle ground and background). Others have mentioned VVVVVV but I have only played that on the PC, I can say the PC version is great and I imagine that th 3DS version will be better control wise.

Can't say for Vita as I do not have one. I woul imagine getting Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, would be a good bet for it though as it is available on 3DS too but as Vita is more powerful it may offer a more authentic experience.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I was browsing the e-shop and some cartoon boobage caught my attention. This series dates back to the GBC and is continuing on 3DS...

Shantae

Sploit, I noticed Mutant Mudds looked good too.

I bought Pullblox (pushmo, dropbollox, whatever?) last week, but still haven't played it. I just buy and look at screenshots these days. :palm:

I had a look at Link to the Past 2 (video in the e-shop) that tetsujin mentioned in IRT. I'm really looking forward to buying and never playing that.
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Post by tetsujin »

LTTP2 looks great. One to pick up for sure.

Still need to get Luigi 2 but I need to complete NSMB2 first and Professor Layton! :D

Also looking to maybe get teh original NES Zelda on teh eShop too as I haven't played that in about 20 years.
LOL Cats... stupid cats
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

ondafly
eBay: guinaneb
Initials: BFG

Post by ondafly »

3DS XL from amazon.it 150 euros - was 161 delivered to Ireland

http://www.amazon.it/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Co ... rds=3ds+xl"
neotango
Please Continue...
eBay: fr1k3r777

Post by neotango »

if you're into beat'em ups (and you have a 3DS) you should definitely pick up "Code of Princess"

and if you by any chance have a NGPC and happen to not know about the "Capcom VS SNK" card games series you should check them out, they rememorate old school characters with a little bit of "pokemon" feel to it :awe:

MH for PSP is always a good option, specially wit friends.
"...and ignoring all the pricks milling around him like he's gliding through the **** matrix"
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3DS is a great little game if you can find it. It's a strategy RPG title similar to Fire Emblem and the story is a little crazy but really good. Other than this I would say Fire Emblem, Tales of the Abyss, Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS and Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice and Dynasty Warriors on Vita.