Bungie's Destiny

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Bungie's Destiny

Post by wonderbanana »

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a big fan of Halo so I'm super excited so far for Bungie's next big thing: Destiny.

There's a big announcement today at 5:30 GMT which is being streamed here: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/15/i ... es-destiny"

Details to date here: http://misriahsolutions.com/2012/12/03/ ... g-destiny/"

Any other Halo fans here or anyone looking forward to this?

I believe! :awe:
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: Bungie's Destiny

Post by SuperPang »

defankt
Please Continue...
eBay: hybridinc2k
Initials: CDX

Post by defankt »

It looks like it's going to be a online only, multiplayer first person shooter, with quests and magic.

Really like the design, but hey, it's Bungie :D Me likely Bungie a lot!
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Downloaded the Beta (eventually). Seems like Mass Effect with Halo combat :thumbup:
Is this going to have a proper campaign or is it a bit like Titanfail?
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Yeah i played Halo 1 a lot, but i only enjoyed it in co-op. I only played through campaign modes on the other Halo games, which was still great fun. If it has a good co-op campaign (and i know someone who is into it) i can see myself giving it a go for sure. I never enjoyed the traditional Halo multiplayer though, would be a shame if it was centered on just that.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Best game trailer I've seen in ages.

gray117

Post by gray117 »

Don't like the trailer ... smart **** dude coop quips, gestures and poses ... complete turn off...

I remain to be convinced this game won't be an instance based snooze... though always cautious to bet against bungie :P

Also, what is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ5jLSHwNIM"

There's parts of halo I liked, and more that I respected in terms of it's craft and the world/lore/atmosphere which was generated... For Destiny the promise/suspense/mystery of all the early concepts seems to have been a little lost as it struggles to become what borderlands already is... Might not necessarily end up like that - I admit to having played v little (practically none of this), but what I've seen hasn't sold me yet.

So far more high profile fumbles, than encouraging. But perhaps those are simply marketing/communication fumbles, perhaps the game is fantastic in it's entirety... keeping an eye out for sure, but I was more excited by the first concept leaks than now...
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

After a couple of hours I am so far finding it a bit underwhelming and monotonous.
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

Glad I didn't buy it then. I'll look forward to buying it on the cheap when Pang is done... ;)
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Post by tetsujin »

I have played it for about 15 hours and am level 14 and at first I wasn’t sure but now I am hooked.

Its missing a lot of what makes these types of game fun though, so it will either get better with the use of updates/DLC or Destiny 2 will be a a much better game.

Things I like:

• Environments/planets you go to are amazing. Great skies and have a real sense of adventure and finding new areas. Worlds feel huge. Nothing beats finding a cave and it takes you to what feels like the centre of the planet and another world/area.

• Gun play is really good. Great sense of pace and achievement when you’re taking down a horde of enemies alone or with others. Tight, like Halo tight.

• Online multiplayer is pretty fun and only played 5v5 so far but enjoyed it. Again, a bit like Halo.

• Music is very good and sets up moods nicely.

Things I don’t like:

• Tower hub is crap, and too large. Sorting stuff like this shouldn’t feel like a chore.

• Amour upgrades. Why do they all look the same? What’s the point of grinding away for a slight colour alteration? Needs more custom gear on the character front.

• Online part is lacking a bit in the actual game. Its a bit sterile and not always obvious what you can/need to do as a group or solo. Could of been a lot better. Hopefully once people are all leveled up and on a similar field it might a bit better and if Bungie make good use of player input/complaints in updates.
LOL Cats... stupid cats
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

"Destiny prefers telling the same pedestrian stories time and time again, hoping to transfix you with its rinse-and-repeat pace and ply you with the possibility of better loot, rather than with gameplay diversity that gives you good reason to hope for surprises on the horizon." GameSpot 6/10.

Yup.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

I'm sort of enjoying it but it's just a clinical, soulless Borderlands really. Hopefully its scope will expand in time but by then I'll have lost interest anyway. Meh.
tetsujin
Hello, I say

Post by tetsujin »

crunchywasp wrote:I'm sort of enjoying it but it's just a clinical, soulless Borderlands really. Hopefully its scope will expand in time but by then I'll have lost interest anyway. Meh.

If you want a buddy, I'm up to level 20 now and completed the game and am not far off trading it in but wouldn't mind getting online with you homie ;) could do a strike mission?
LOL Cats... stupid cats
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

So it's another multiplayer oriented fps? Shock.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

I enjoyed planetside for about a month when it came out, played hellgate which was garbage, can't see me picking this up.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

tetsujin wrote:
crunchywasp wrote:I'm sort of enjoying it but it's just a clinical, soulless Borderlands really. Hopefully its scope will expand in time but by then I'll have lost interest anyway. Meh.

If you want a buddy, I'm up to level 20 now and completed the game and am not far off trading it in but wouldn't mind getting online with you homie ;) could do a strike mission?
Nice moves nagasakibomber 8-)
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

cools wrote:So it's another multiplayer oriented fps? Shock.
What really frustrates me is that the environments are great, the combat exciting, the AI top notch and the music is superb. If it were a linear campaign with set pieces it would be incredible.
tetsujin
Hello, I say

Post by tetsujin »

SuperPang wrote:
cools wrote:So it's another multiplayer oriented fps? Shock.
What really frustrates me is that the environments are great, the combat exciting, the AI top notch and the music is superb. If it were a linear campaign with set pieces it would be incredible.

It's like they have the ingredients and the recipe for the greatest cake the world has ever seen since the World Cake Expo 1907.

And some how, they **** it all up putting the sprinkles on at the end and they go all over the floor and the bits that shouldn’t have sprinkles have **** sprinkles on but that doesn’t make the cake better.

And so, the whole world are just like, WTF?! Have you seen the other cakes from last year? How could you have that recipe and **** in your own mixture.

Hopefully, come a few DLC packs and updates they can fix some of the flaws.

Mainly the amour upgrade system (I want some variety), the hunting out of chests (how much **** Spinmetal do I need! Why cant I find anything else.), the Tower is too large and the linking up online with friends seems a little bit awkward (not that I have many)… oh, an more dance move, lots more.

I have put 26hrs in and I enjoyed it for the most part but its parting company with me tomorrow and its getting sold while I can still get some sexy $$ for it as I can’t see me playing it much again this year.
LOL Cats... stupid cats
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

26 hours doesn't sound like much big guy :whoopsie:
tetsujin
Hello, I say

Post by tetsujin »