GCW Zero

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Re: GCW Zero

Post by opt2not »

If they win the bid for the Atari brand, I say they drop the GCW: Zero name altogether and rename it to an Atari portable. :)
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Well, it looks like we're pretty close now. :awe:

I imagine the backers at least would have been following but the units have been made and are on their way over from China at the moment. The bootloader has just been fixed to recognise the 512MB RAM so we should be good to go soon...fingers crossed.

From what I can gather all of the units back by European customers are going to be sent to a supplier in the EU for distribution which should hopefully save us import duty.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Another confirmation form to fill out. Check your emails.

Shipping this month. Mid June for KS orders. Also it asked for a t-shirt size from $50+ pledgers. I didn't know we were getting one.
Bababaloo
Please Continue...
eBay: bababaloonm
Initials: NIC

Post by Bababaloo »

pubjoe wrote:Another confirmation form to fill out. Check your emails.
No mails for me :problem:
I paid before KS and really hope to get my hand on the system.
-------\/---------
Bababaloo.com
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

Just the one hand eh, What you doing with the other one ? :hinthint:
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

The emails are titled "kickstarter update". You may not be on the mailing list but I think yours is being sent out early June (before the kickstarter deliveries).
We have shipped 60 SE units so far between my day job and time I have at night another twenty were QA/QC again last night and package they just need to be weighed and labels printed for them.

By June 12th to 14th, I plan to be done with all SE shipments and then focus on flashing and shipping all the remaining orders. We will have a team of six this weekend two will be flashing, two will be QC/QA, and two will be doing the packing and printing of shipping labels.

Once we complete this all shipping of KS models should start on 14th or 15th of June 2013.
Bababaloo
Please Continue...
eBay: bababaloonm
Initials: NIC

Post by Bababaloo »

Thank's for the information.
Hope I'll get my hands soon on my SE :awe:
-------\/---------
Bababaloo.com
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Kickstarter models shipping next week.
GCW Kickstarter email wrote: Project Update #57: Status Update July 25th, 2013 "The Eagle Has Landed"
Posted by Justin Barwick

Thats right "The Eagle Has Landed" the KickStarter GCW Zero consoles have arrive with the fixed D-Pad and buttons. You all have asked a couple questions so I will take time to answers those also.

1. Will the consoles when shipped have tracking yes all packages will be trackable bu USPS.com and Stamps.com links.

2. What about resellers like Dragonbox.de shipping the consoles at this point we are still trying to work out a way but as always when it comes down to the VAT either I pay it or you pay it.

Either way it's not going to be a small amount for me or you who ever pays it, I won't be reimbursed in anyway and it was not calculated into your shipping cost as no one can calculate what each countries VAT or customs fee will be as they differ.

One person same country got charged two pounds another almost thirty pounds same country same customs for the GCW Zero SE. The paperwork was filled out the same so no ryhm or reason to differences.

3. We will start flashing consoles tonight and follow through till Sunday and start shipping on Monday. All SE models that are left from d-pad replacement will ship by Staurday and Monday.

4. As for address changes we are going to reset the webform so everyone can put there new address in if it has changed from address you originally put in when you made your pledge. I will post the link as soon as we reset it as an update.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Yes would somebody think of Apple and Nike?!
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

kernow wrote:For the love of god will people stop supporting kickstarter projects for guff they don't need :awe:
I can't find HiFi in the model?
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

I should probably elaborate, year 1 psychology:

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%2 ... y_of_needs"

You don't need much tbh, you can only progress to the next level of needs once all the lower level needs are satisfied.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

I got kicked off my computing degree, from there on in it was all down hill.

Uni is purely for drinking, shaging, taking drugs and making a **** of yourself. I wish in could do it all again (the same as last time :))
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Maslow's a dick.

I know what you mean about kickstarter projects kern. "$80 iPhone stand, pledge $1000 and get an exclusive sticker with your name on it. Pledge $10,000 and get a dinner with the guy who just mugged you" :roll: But that's the crap that you get with free enterprise. It does also allow people to kickstart a business that they'd never otherwise be able to the old fashioned way. No loans, no proof of market, just bulk funding from the customers themselves. And it's another internet driven initiative that cuts out a huge chain of middle men. Investors, retailers, marketing. You pay the source.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

kernow wrote:For the love of god will people stop supporting kickstarter projects for guff they don't need :awe:
But...I NEED this. :wtf:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Won't someone think of the psychopaths? They don't fit into that model!
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

All basic models are based on the "rational man". It makes life easier thinking psychotics are irrational.

Stop hating on kickstarter Kern. A fool and his money are soon parted. This way the dick with the swindle gets all the cash rather than some hedge fund anus
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... -13-months"
Last spring a board game entitled The Doom That Came to Atlantic City drew a lot of attention on Kickstarter. $122,874 worth of attention, to be precise. Not too shabby for a developer only looking for $35K. Unfortunately, 13 months later, the project has been cancelled as the developer, The Forking Path, ran out of money.

"The project is over, the game is canceled," wrote the project lead Erik Chevalier in a Kickstarter update. "Every possible mistake was made, some due to my inexperience in board game publishing, others due to ego conflicts, legal issues and technical complications. No matter the cause though these could all have been avoided by someone more experienced and I apparently was not that person."
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

It's been shipped! :awe:
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

:pointup: :shock: Same here! Got my tracking # and it's on the way! :clap: 8-)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Mine arrived sometime this week, picked up today. First impressions, seems well built and the controls and screen are excellent. Need to sort some emulators out next.