Gem Gayness

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
ninjawyatt
Please Continue...
eBay: ninjawyatt

Gem Gayness

Post by ninjawyatt »

I know its been out for ages now, but i was just curious about other players opinions on 'SF X T'. Ive been a life long fan of Street Fighter, the best beat em up series in existance in my opinion. I really liked the early Tekkens too, however I never bothered to follow the franchise after PS2 (Not that I didnt like the games). All the ingredients were there for an amazing crossover, except for the fact Street Fighter and Tekken dont play like each other.

The game was a bit of a disapointment for me, it just seemed like SFIV with Tekken characters, which wouldnt have been too bad, except for those stupid gems! It just made the game seem really childish and, well, just wrecked it in my opinion. I barely played it, its sat on my shelf gathering dust because I would choose DOA5 or S/SFIV/AE any day of the week over SFXT.

Any gem lovers out there? Did I need to give it more time or was my conviction just? :eh:

#justaskin
'You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance'
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Re: Gem Gayness

Post by Paulie »

Well I picked it up cheap quite a while ago but I've still not played it.

I've always liked the SF franchise a lot but never really got into Tekken even though I've tried. I'm a little dubious as to how it would play with them being so different. I guess the only way to find it is by dusting it off and giving it a go.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

It's awful. Sell it and pretend it doesn't exist.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

:lol:
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

kernow wrote:ver 2013 out soon.

not played it myself of course.
Well I bought SFIV. Then they came out with SSFIV, so I bought that. Then they released SSFIVAE, the massive ****. I bought that too, but not before it was available for less than a tenner. :problem: At least they released Ver. 2012 as a free patch.

As a result, I didn't buy MVC3. A good move on my part since they later release UMVC3.

I haven't bought that yet, nor SFXT, but at least the 2013 update for SFXT will be in free patch form too. Maybe I'll pick up UMVC3 and SFXT over Christmas or something, if they're cheap enough.
ImageImageImageImage
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

kernow wrote:Have you thought about :think: just buying something good instead or

completely giving up on games :awe:
Why yes, I have actually.

Have you thought about sucking my balls? :awe:
ImageImageImageImage
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Bought SFIV but then skipped on SSFIV and bought AE once it was cheap as chips.

Haven't bought SFXT yet, will wait until they've finished with the updates and it can be had for pennies (although sounds like that might be now). I don't buy any console release at full price anymore, mugs game. I've only recently picked up Skyrim and I was really looking forward to it's release, but £40 for something which can be had for £20 in 6 months time is a no-brainer for me, I've got more games to play than I could ever fit in anyway.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

CPS2 wrote:It's awful. Sell it and pretend it doesn't exist.
This. It's ****
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Yes, if you dig up the SFXT thread that's the general consensus here. The gem system was a terrible idea and there was quite a backlash over it and the ridiculous amount of paid DLC (much of which is actually on the disc). The game didn't sell as well as expected so hopefully Capcom will think again for their next fighter.

Yoshinori Ono deserves some credit for revitalising the genre with SFIV but he's clearly at odds with the fans concerning the future of fighters. Too much character customisation is counterintuitive. SFIV worked because its a simple evolution of SF2.