Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by crunchywasp »

You might not like it if you didn’t like the arcade version. There’s nothing extra in the Switch version.

Daytona and Sega Rally would be great, SR in particular.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

thegreathopper wrote: November 10th, 2022, 7:54 am Seems a Daytona is coming out at Christmas that could be fun.
Really?
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

SuperPang wrote: November 10th, 2022, 1:10 pm
thegreathopper wrote: November 10th, 2022, 7:54 am Seems a Daytona is coming out at Christmas that could be fun.
Really?
No just checked again and it’s fake news…

So no Daytona for Christmas. Time to get my OG PS3 out the loft and see if it still works, I have Daytona and Outrun on it.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

A NEW Daytona would be great. A NEW F-zero would be awesome....but I would reeeeeally like a new Burnout in the geist of 3 or Revenge. Paradise didn't do it for me, the open world broke the game's fast pace of just moving on to the next stage etc. (I'm really heart broken that Revenge didn't get the next gen treatment for PS3 like it was released on Xbox 360 but I digress).

Dangerous Driving by some people from Criterion wasn't up to Burnouts quality. Not to mention I dont have a PS4. And now I hear DD2 (renamed Wreckreation) will be open world. Sigh...
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

From what I seen it’s a terrible port of these games,totally disrespectful to the pgm!a big shame
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

FrancoB wrote: July 7th, 2020, 11:58 am Looks fun, one to pick up for sure :pointup: 8-)
FrancoB wrote: November 20th, 2019, 6:18 pm Mainly playing Dead Cells on the switch still at the moment. Took a while to get the first boss cell but it seems relatively easy to reach and beat The Hand of the King on every run with no boss cells selected now. Reaching the Hand of the King with one boss cell is proving to be tricky but I'm sticking with it. Grt8 game :awe:
I'm still playing this, pretty much exclusively. I've got two boss cells now which equates to 'Very Hard' and it isn't kidding :lolno: Hits from enemies wipe out your energy pretty ferociously and there are next to no health recharges between levels. I can't imagine what it's like with five boss cells :wtf:

It's still so much fun though. A good average run lasts an hour or so which to me is the perfect amount of time to spunk on a game in the evening between other things. It's really addicting trying to get the 30 or 60 kills with taking no hits to open the bonus rooms between levels. It's equally as infuriating when you lose a **** loads of cells as you've been hoarding them and trying to get them to the The Blacksnith to upgrade the Legendary Forge. Death from the Cursed Chests can **** right off too :mad: :awe:

Finally finished Very Hard very late last night, I'd gathered an OP but cautious Survival setup (dealing over 40000dps with the heavy crossbow, and regaining health with the newly buffed Necromancy mutation) which let me effortlessly clear the bank so I just carried on playing; a nearly two hour run.

Normal was with another OP Survival setup (so OP that the bosses melted in seconds), Hard with Brutality (and a silly number of electric/poison/fire/oil modifiers). I've not found a mix of Tactics that delivers enough damage yet.

I'd still like to figure out a parrying game, but i can't get it to work under attack from multiple mobs
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

Sale on a bunch of good games now.

Cotton Fantasy
Dariusburst
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
Gunbarich
Dragon Blaze
Radiant Silvergun
Murtop
Donut Dodo
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Am I the only person on the planet who is really struggling to get into TOTK?

I mean, it's clearly a very good game, but I find there's an overwhelming amount of stuff to do, and starting from scratch without any gear is a real downer. The things that were a chore in BOTW really grate on me now.

The new abilities are pretty clever, and the shrines are a real highlight now, but it kind of feels like BOTW with some mods, and I'm not interested in the sandbox element at all.
MrSandman
eBay: Not yet, not trading yet
Initials: NOR

Post by MrSandman »

SuperPang wrote: July 5th, 2023, 5:47 pm Am I the only person on the planet who is really struggling to get into TOTK?

I mean, it's clearly a very good game, but I find there's an overwhelming amount of stuff to do, and starting from scratch without any gear is a real downer. The things that were a chore in BOTW really grate on me now.

The new abilities are pretty clever, and the shrines are a real highlight now, but it kind of feels like BOTW with some mods, and I'm not interested in the sandbox element at all.
You are not alone. There IS a lot of stuff to do; too much I find. Wells, caves, items, clothes, main quests, batteries, stamina, hearts, side quests, underground, sky islands, overworld, monsters everywhere. a bit of Hyrule Warriors too and on top of that the main story line, I love how fusing items with weapons works and the potion making. At times however, I feel BOTW is the better game as there is less of stuff, which leaves more room to roam around and explore what the open world setting was made for in the first place.
"Hans, I've just noticed something."
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I felt the same about the first game. It looks admirable but I couldn't be bothered tbh.
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

Bought it and played 10 hours and felt overwhelmed. I will run through the story but the rest can **** off. I don't like sandbox games.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

I played it for 2 hours on a plane and then not touched since, a bit like the 1st one.

It’s just not Zelda to me, I remember buying a link to the past back in the day from an import shop and playing it all day long.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

BOTW provided an atmosphere I've not felt in a long time, harking back to the original Tomb Raider (and to a lesser extent, and weirdly - KingPin and Dave Mirra BMX... which I played without music at the time. Vice City had the same sort of feeling to it as well now I think about it). Whenever I get around to TOTK I'm hoping it evokes the same thing. Nowhere near as hyped for it as BOTW though. More of the same great game is nice but it was spectacularly novel.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I found BOTW to be quite breathtaking in its design and scale. TOTK is still technically impressive for a Switch game, but 6 years is a long time in gaming and I feel like things have moved on. In a way, it’s not been worth the wait. You can guarantee there will be another Zelda along in another 6 years using the same foundations but with slightly better graphics on Switch 2.

Apparently Nintendo aren’t considering a new F-Zero due to the success of MK8. In fact they’re not even looking at MK9 because people are still buying and playing what is essentially a Wii U game. Perfect business sense, but it’s bloody depressing.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Just give me fzero nintendo ffs I dIdn't buying MK8 as I like many as small few already had it on wiiu :problem: and didn't feel like buying it again ,bigger fool me now at this stage :lol: ,
I haven't bought ToTK yet for some strange reason i've always been slow to buy sequels when they isnt much changed ,I will do at some point as I enjoyed BOTW for the most part considering I normally avoid or get bored & lost in open world games in general but I also haven't gone back to BOTW either :penser: zelda that are not 2d games I've always been meh about anyway .I can see me enjoying this but getting bored quicker with it if too similar to BOTW

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

They look so similar I was tempted to skip BOTW (I did play it for a couple of hours) and give this one a try, but by the sounds of it having even more chores, maybe that's a bad idea.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

sequel should have been chores of the wild ....or chodes !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

:awe:

It was suddenly uncool at BOTW's release but I always liked the gamified Zelda formula.
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Post by o1s1n »

As much as I like BOTW and TOTK for what they are, they still don't feel like Zelda games to me. They're missing some form of magic I can't quite put my finger on.

I think the soundtrack plays a big part in it. No traditional Zelda scores was a huge mistake IMO. They could have even just included subdued versions that would have fit the tone of what they were going for.

I'd actually love to play through both games again via modded versions with a more traditional Zelda soundtrack added in.