Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by FrancoB »

Enjoying Links Awakening, I've not played the GB version so I cant compare. I bet the GB frame rate is more consistent though :problem:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

I instantly preferred the Lite to the OG Switch. It’s exactly what I’d wanted when I first played the original.

The dock and joypad/joycon cradle dock controller thing haven’t even been out of the box. Handheld and cabs are the only way I get to play games these days so it’s great to have a dedicated handheld Switch which does away with creaky joycons and tiny buttons for a d-pad :problem:

New Link’s Awakening’s ace. I played the GB version to death back int’ day and it’s great to play a refreshed version. It’s beautiful but the frame rate does get a bit choppy on the main map.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

crunchywasp wrote: September 21st, 2019, 5:25 am It’s beautiful but the frame rate does get a bit choppy on the main map.
It's usually between area transitions, then goes back to 60fps.

The only area which is consistently bad is the swamp.

I've had 2 evenings with it so far. Already at the 7th dungeon! :-o

I can't really handle massive open world games anymore (no time with a naughty 8 month old boy!). :oops:
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Giving Mariokart Tour a bit of a go during my lunch break. Bye Bye iPhone battery!
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Looks like it's time for a play through again 8-)

After playing the original I tried the Definitive Edition on PC a while back but the frame rate was terribad. This looks great :awe:
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

wigsplitta wrote: September 25th, 2019, 12:46 pm Giving Mariokart Tour a bit of a go during my lunch break. Bye Bye iPhone battery!
Haven't played it myself but from what I've read, the whole lootbox setup is pretty grim.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

FrancoB wrote: October 1st, 2019, 1:54 pm

Looks like it's time for a play through again 8-)

After playing the original I tried the Definitive Edition on PC a while back but the frame rate was terribad. This looks great :awe:
I think I read something engine wise was changed for this so it doesn't have those issues :think: , would like a physical release for this and not a lrg **** release .i dl the demo to see what it was like on the switch and so want to play through it again.

I see the snes controllers are finally released in europe ....26.99 and 8+ shipping ? :problem:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Ugh. I was okay with £26.99. Didn’t consider that shipping.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

same was okish with the 26.99 just but with 8 quid shipping is pushing it ....its actually 13 something to Ireland :problem:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

775009A6-98FB-45A8-8BF8-1C52B7964A57.jpeg
CFCC5E9E-2EB7-4138-9FA2-AB2F286A3A40.jpeg
The screen shot won’t mean much alone but the hold box is empty because I just decided to make this more difficult by not once using it. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

I'm playing Mario Kart Tour daily now. Help me. (or add me as a friend in the game: puolirobo)
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

🖕 :awe:

Let’s play MK8 instead
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

No Switch. Sorry.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

I bought a Switch Lite and I've been playing Mario Odyssey for a couple of evenings now. It makes me wish the Galaxy games were re-released as they were way more fun and even looked better. Not impressed, sorry.

Virtua Racing on the other hand is ace.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I only play Tetris 99. It’s brilliant.

I haven’t played enough to judge but the new style of both Mario and BOTW just didn’t grab me and keep me like the previous, more videogamey ones. They do look great though and I still mean to go back.

Cant remember if I’ve said this before but I was a little turned off when the reviews of Mario Odyssey praised the continuous play - as it didn’t “break the immersion” like previous Mario games. I like games that break the immersion. I like short bursts that come to an end.

:think: Best not assume too much when I’ve not played it much. I’m moaning about a game that looks very good.
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Is Odyssey fully playable on the Lite? I seem to remember you had to use one of the daft joycon air controls to get enough height to reach one of the moons :think:

I played through Ori again. Really enjoyed it 2nd time around too. Looking forward to Will of the Wisps. I might have to play it on Pee Cee though if it's a MS exclusive on release.

Mainly playing Dead Cells on the switch still at the moment. Took a while to get the first boss cell but it seems relatively easy to reach and beat The Hand of the King on every run with no boss cells selected now. Reaching the Hand of the King with one boss cell is proving to be tricky but I'm sticking with it. Grt8 game :awe:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

The worlds in Odyssey are way too big. I also like short bursts and tend to avoid open world stuff. There are also way too many power moons. Finding or reaching one is hardly special. Especially if you rack up 40 on your first go in just one world. I also wish the game was more vibrant. Some of the textures are downright iffy.

Doing some of the gestures with the Lite makes me feel dumb, and somewhat angry at Nintendo. The game keeps referencing the separate Joycons. Feels like it's taunting me. I can do some of the flicks and whatnot, but can't see what's going on when I do so... Hardly feels like a quality Nintendo product at this point.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: November 20th, 2019, 1:27 pm I bought a Switch Lite
8-)
and I've been playing Mario Odyssey
:problem:
Virtua Racing on the other hand is ace.
:awe:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Isn’t this like buying a 2DS then crying when the games talks about 3D :think: You can’t play 1-2 switch, that’s reason enough to by the lite

I thought Mario-O was really good to begin with, then got bored and it was an absolute chore to finish it.