Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

geotrig wrote:
cools wrote:Yes.

Includes two separately boxed games with Japanese art and text - both games fully English however.
cool from what i can see €140ish at least now fro the climax edition !!!!? too rich for me :cry: i might just double check now that i dont have them on the wiiu lol !
Incoming pain.
28/2/2018 9:29 International Hub Released from customs
28/2/2018 9:27 International Hub Revised Customs charges raised
27/2/2018 11:14 International Hub Customs charges raised
25/2/2018 20:30 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
Still playing Axiom Verge. I've cleared it on normal with a terrible ending (15 hours roughly). Would have been nice to know about the map dots... It's pretty painless play and I've not had the motivation to remove the cart from the system to try something else even though it's pretty frustrating retreading my steps all the time. If I'd had this digital I've had binned it by now, it's not a bad game but there's a LOT of tedious backtracking.
Image
User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6751
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by geotrig »

hmm im with you there, i've played it less over the last week as i was backtracking quite a bit and found it a bit boring and tedious, some sections i was wondering why they are even there but its not a bad game and impressive for a one man venture !.....i have no idea what the map dots you are on about are :think: do these stop backtracking ? must look it up.

boo on the customs :problem:
Image

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6751
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by geotrig »

danmaku unlimited 3 is out some point next month as well , will probably be digital only !
Image

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

geotrig wrote:hmm im with you there, i've played it less over the last week as i was backtracking quite a bit and found it a bit boring and tedious, some sections i was wondering why they are even there but its not a bad game and impressive for a one man venture !.....i have no idea what the map dots you are on about are :think: do these stop backtracking ? must look it up.

boo on the customs :problem:
There are two coloured dots that appear on the top right of the map if you've explored it 100% (one dot) and found all the items (the other dot).
geotrig wrote:danmaku unlimited 3 is out some point next month as well , will probably be digital only !
I've barely bothered with the Android ones although they were dirt cheap when I bought them, the touchscreen just annoyed me.
Image
User avatar
slugflyer
Posts: 262
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 9:28 pm
Location: London

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by slugflyer »

Anyone know when we can use our gold coins for money off games on the switch estore? If you don't know about it yet: register asap! Redeem carts purchased by sticking them into your switch and doing a 'more info' on them. Store purchases are already included and you can check your balance on the my nintendo site now. :awe: You should be able to get a neo geo game for free!

https://my.nintendo.com/
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
User avatar
slugflyer
Posts: 262
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 9:28 pm
Location: London

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by slugflyer »

I made a thread on Switch cab displays if you're interested/ have any others to add:

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37501 8-)
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

slugflyer wrote:Anyone know when we can use our gold coins for money off games on the switch estore? If you don't know about it yet: register asap! Redeem carts purchased by sticking them into your switch and doing a 'more info' on them. Store purchases are already included and you can check your balance on the my nintendo site now. :awe: You should be able to get a neo geo game for free!

https://my.nintendo.com/
It's now, isn't it?

**** the eShop though.
Image
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

Cleared Axiom Verge normal difficulty with 100/100 percentages. Managed an 80/96 clear without looking at a map - the 4% map remainder were entirely hidden parts relying on other entirely hidden items so didnt feel too bad consulting a map to at least see where the hidden map bits were.

Good game overall, very much an old school shareware feel to it.
Image
User avatar
slugflyer
Posts: 262
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 9:28 pm
Location: London

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by slugflyer »

cools wrote:Cleared Axiom Verge normal difficulty with 100/100 percentages. Managed an 80/96 clear without looking at a map - the 4% map remainder were entirely hidden parts relying on other entirely hidden items so didnt feel too bad consulting a map to at least see where the hidden map bits were.

Good game overall, very much an old school shareware feel to it.
YOU ABSOLUTE BEAST! CONGRATS!

Damn still waiting on this nintendo gold coins thing. I have points that expire this month! also.. did you hear about this?

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/2/170711 ... tivity-log
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6751
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by geotrig »

cools wrote:Cleared Axiom Verge normal difficulty with 100/100 percentages
wow great stuff , i've spent too much time arsing about i think im @ 42ish /64 percentages at last check and 11.5 hrs in :roll: i'm determined to stick with it and clear rather than my usual get bored and never go back ! :problem:
Image

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

cools wrote:
geotrig wrote:
cools wrote:Yes.

Includes two separately boxed games with Japanese art and text - both games fully English however.
cool from what i can see €140ish at least now fro the climax edition !!!!? too rich for me :cry: i might just double check now that i dont have them on the wiiu lol !
Incoming pain.
28/2/2018 9:29 International Hub Released from customs
28/2/2018 9:27 International Hub Revised Customs charges raised
27/2/2018 11:14 International Hub Customs charges raised
25/2/2018 20:30 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
£32.68 customs fees...
Image
User avatar
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
Posts: 8388
Joined: February 10th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by crunchywasp »

:roboprob:
Image
User avatar
zak
Posts: 1258
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 1:35 pm
Location: UK
eBay: NA

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by zak »

cools wrote:
cools wrote:
geotrig wrote:
cool from what i can see €140ish at least now fro the climax edition !!!!? too rich for me :cry: i might just double check now that i dont have them on the wiiu lol !
Incoming pain.
28/2/2018 9:29 International Hub Released from customs
28/2/2018 9:27 International Hub Revised Customs charges raised
27/2/2018 11:14 International Hub Customs charges raised
25/2/2018 20:30 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
£32.68 customs fees...
Any chance of box pix please? Maybe some with size comparison next to another switch box? :oops:
User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6751
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by geotrig »

Oh hefty enough fee but I suppose it's a premium double pack :hinthint:
Image

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

zak wrote: Any chance of box pix please? Maybe some with size comparison next to another switch box? :oops:
Of the full pack? its longer and taller than the switch console box, but twice as thin. Or the steelbook? The games themselves are in standard boxes.
Image
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

Not a bad Direct. Mario Tennis Ace with waggle controls, Smash Bros (not that it interests me but a system seller), Okami, Captain Toad, Dark Souls. Ports galore, something's clearly working.
Image
User avatar
SuperPang
Master or Universe
Posts: 10177
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by SuperPang »

Slightly suspicious Smash Bros is a another Wii U rehash. The Switch is a great console if you skipped the Wii U.
User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6751
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by geotrig »

I've pre-ordered dark souls as I've never played it, still don't k ow what to make of okami but I've been told for years it's good, same happy with it overall
Image

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
User avatar
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
Posts: 12838
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 4:49 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

Human Fall Flat limited print of 5000, http://www.superraregames
Image
User avatar
geotrig
Potato!
Posts: 6751
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: ._.
eBay: ._.

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by geotrig »

arrrgh , I'm meandering a bit with this "axiom verge ", still on 64% and haven't played much and the 2 occassions I did I've died o\ :problem:
Now the dilema i have is my resident evil revelations cart is after arriving ..if I take axiom verge out it'll be a long while before I put it back in :think: the only upside of digital games is I can hope between them without uch effort ,not that changing cart is much hassle :problem: although one of the resi's is digital :think:
Image

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Post Reply