Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

GX was excellent too but I feel it lost something X had. A bit too frantic maybe, compared to the smooth precision in X.

I'd take a direct port of SSX3 too, if we're wishing.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

SuperPang wrote:Also the camera gets on my tits a bit.
Have you tried reversing the x-axis and setting sensitivity to very high? I just realised you could do this and much prefer it this way.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Mario’s a breath of fresh air after weeks of BOTW. **** cooking, glass weapons and no dungeons :problem:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

crunchywasp wrote:**** cooking, glass weapons and no dungeons :problem:
OMG that's sooo my life!

:whoopsie:
Emulation's nice when done well
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Straight to the top of Gamewankings
IMG_0338.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

pubjoe wrote:
SuperPang wrote:Also the camera gets on my tits a bit.
Have you tried reversing the x-axis and setting sensitivity to very high? I just realised you could do this and much prefer it this way.
Will do, ta.

Crunchywasp is literally the first person I've known to not enjoy BOTW. Game of the decade so far IMO.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I enjoyed BOTW overall, but the foraging, cooking and weapons were a pita from the get go and absolute pain by the end. I didn't enjoy the last half of the game, I endured it.

As good as it seems on the surface, there are 4 dungouns, a final boss and an awful lot of busy work
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

I was enjoying BOTW to start with, but it’s become a real chore now and feels too much like hard work. For me the breaking weapons completely kills any sense of satisfaction and reward when opening chests. It makes me avoid combat too, especially when all you get for your effort is more ingredients.

Foraging and cooking’s a proper ballache and adds nothing to the game. Grinding for armour upgrades is awful too imo and I was sick of grinding shrines after the first 20 or so.

It just doesn’t feel like Zelda to me, but then I haven’t really played a 3D one since Wind Waker, which I didn’t like either. My favourite modern day Zelda is LBW - I absolutely loved that.

I think my favourite game of the last wee while is Doom :think:
I’ve got the camel then the final ‘dungeon’ to go, but fwhy me, I’m bored and can’t see me getting round to it for a good while
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote:
crunchywasp wrote:**** cooking, glass weapons and no dungeons :problem:
OMG that's sooo my life!

:whoopsie:
:lol:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I didnt need to do a whole lot of cooking throughout the game - maybe 6 times I did a big batch of meals that kept me stocked? It was pretty **** though, they could've put in a more time efficient method. Did bugger all experimenting with it.

Weapon durability didn't bother me a jot. I saved better weapons for harder enemies... WAIT... you haven't done the camel yet? No wonder you hate that - once you get the ability from there combat becomes a million times more straightforward.

I only did a tiny bit of grinding for armor - fireflies and luminous rocks. The rest just came from normal combat whilst hunting for shrines.

FWIW my run through went - do all the beasts and any shrines along the way, do the memories and the rest of the shrines, final dungeon.

Just realised I never found the snow bowling place everyone reckons is dead easy to find...

I didn't enjoy the last five shrines, having to look them up on the web was a bit defeatist but there's no way I would have got them otherwise. The hardest one to find was the ice cave - took me about 10 hours of sensor hunting.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole game. My only complaint is that it doesn't feel suitable to replay.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

10k rupees to unlock the last faerie, then 20 unicorn horns, 15 uneochs dicks and the holy grail to get the level 4 armour upgrades....or just fight the final boss and smash him as it's stupidly simple with the master sword.

There's zero incentive to do a lot of the upgrades.

If they removed the cooking and added another 4 dungeouns it would have been great. As it is, it's an incredible looking game with all the underlying issues you get with any modern busy work padding

And Mario....fwhy me. I just looked at the list of moons for the desert level 69 :( it's gonna take a while
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Mario's been on all day. I played to the 3rd kingdom yesterday but have since watched the same sections replayed in the background twice over by the kids. :roll: As usual I'm feeling like I can't be arsed to pick it back up. Nintendo kids are a curse.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

Think yourself lucky you don’t have Barcode Battler or Amstrad GX4000 kids. Imagine :whoa:

Re Zelda cooking, I turned my Squanch on one morning, updated it, loaded up Zelda, cooked up a big batch of ****, then the kids woke up. I’ve had more fun grinding achievements.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

IMG_0347.PNG
IMG_0349.PNG
IMG_0354.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

:lol:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Odyssey is a bit good. I love how absolutely everything can be interacted with, even if it serves no purpose. Once you get to New Donk City there are actual proper platforming bits too, as well as all the exploring bits.

Mastered the cap dive finally.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

You can get a huge amount of height or distance with the hat tricks. I look forward to seeing what the speed runners do with it.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Caved and bought it, I have mixed feelings on 3d Mario's , currently watching my daughter play at the mo :problem: Have to wait my turn .looks enjoyable so far

I gave up on the cooking in Zelda very early just did a load of batches and haven't really since. The breakable weapons didn't bother me too much,it just made me think about what to use.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I played billiards with chain chomps this morning.

I love the unexpected music choice in the Steam gardens.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

OK, New Donk City, now I love it. I thought the "real world" thing was a bad idea but this is endlessly fun. There's such creative and imaginative talent at Nintendo right now. Very skilled programmers and thorough testing too. I can't remember a single bug or glitch in BOTW. Odyssey weighs in at just over 5GB. How is that even possible?