Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by aerobert »

I have fond memories of seeing and playing Toki at some truck stop when I was a kid. Always thought it was so cool that this monkey was shooting (spitting) stuff and it was even crazier when you got the helmet power up.

Now 30 years later...eeeeeeeeeeh nah :shifty:
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Yeah, to be honest in all the years since, I’ve only ever fired it up on Mame, lost a life or two and then realised I can’t be arsed.

It was great when I had a 10p or two, **** all else to do, and didn’t want to walk home yet.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

Oh hell yes! Please don't have unreasonable lag like I've heard most switch shmups suffer from :ryu:
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

Nice! Liked the PC version. 100% buy :awe:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Gimme a physical and I'm all over that.
Chempop wrote: October 15th, 2020, 12:44 pm Oh hell yes! Please don't have unreasonable lag like I've heard most switch shmups suffer from :ryu:
May be more related to the JoyCon/bluetooth connection than the games themselves, I've not noticed anything untoward in various things when playing with cabled connections at least.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Please have tate mode
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

excellent ! 8-)
Chempop wrote: October 15th, 2020, 12:44 pm Oh hell yes! Please don't have unreasonable lag like I've heard most switch shmups suffer from :ryu:
cant say i notice much myself either for the few i've barely played :shifty:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Caved and bought a Mario Kart live :shifty: going to keep it closed till Xmas though :problem:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

My Switch arrived today, now just got to order a converter for a stick or something and wait until the 29th.
I spent a while looking through games on the nintendo store, all these indie games look the same to me, I have no idea if any of them are worth a damn.

pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Mixed reviews on Mario Kart Live. Users love it or meh it and professional reviewers have all decided to give 7/10. 90 quid a kart can’t help.

Of course they’re not racing around Astro City Circuit. That’s got to be worth an extra point. I’m hoping at least someone here posts an awesome recording like that.
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

pubjoe wrote: October 19th, 2020, 10:11 am Mixed reviews on Mario Kart Live. Users love it or meh it and professional reviewers have all decided to give 7/10. 90 quid a kart can’t help.

Of course they’re not racing around Astro City Circuit. That’s got to be worth an extra point. I’m hoping at least someone here posts an awesome recording like that.
It's probably awesome if you have a 1000sqm house.
Not sure how much fun it will be in my pokey London flat :D
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I'll find out a Xmas anyway but yeah **** small houses won't help. I wonder howthers will feel about some new random holes tunnels in the walls :D

FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

IGN wrote: Bringing a race track to life requires an ample amount of space and has some restrictions in order to maintain a good connection. Nintendo recommends a room of 15 x 15 max and 10 x 12 for 150 CC speed with the kart never going more than five meters away from your Switch.
That's pretty disappointing to be honest. I was hoping to loop it through a few rooms :(
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Chempop wrote: October 19th, 2020, 2:25 am My Switch arrived today, now just got to order a converter for a stick or something and wait until the 29th.
FWIW I'm using some Brook Zero Pis with mine, which are great.

I wish I could force them to always be in Switch mode though, it'd be nice to connect them directly to a PC without needing to hold down buttons when doing so... Xinput mode isn't useful for Steam.
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

cools wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:51 am FWIW I'm using some Brook Zero Pis with mine, which are great.

I wish I could force them to always be in Switch mode though, it'd be nice to connect them directly to a PC without needing to hold down buttons when doing so... Xinput mode isn't useful for Steam.
Good to know! I'm considering getting either the Universal or ZeroPi, first I want to see how the Switch does over 31khz in 480 res or w/e it is with the $15 Tendak HDMI>VGA converter. I'll be using a PS4 RAP Kai stick PCB w/brook PS4>Switch superconverter in the time being, I'm hearing 4-5 frames of lag is expected.. we'll see how badly it feels, but to be honest as long as it's playable I should be okay.

6 day countdown till CC:WORLD EXPLOSION :thumbup: :-D :thumbupright:
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I'm going to wait and see if there's a PS4 release. Better picture quality, no lag issues to worry about and I have a decent arcade stick for it.
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

SuperPang wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:57 pm I'm going to wait and see if there's a PS4 release. Better picture quality, no lag issues to worry about and I have a decent arcade stick for it.
That's a good plan. I've waited nearly 10years to play the damn game, been tempted several times to buy a hacked TypeX2 setup, not a Steam user either, so this is going to be a long awaited treat. I got the setup running today, bit of a hassle getting the Switch to recognize the RAP4 Kai with the Brook PS4>Switch convertor, turns out I needed to toggle it to PS3 mode, go figure.

Looks decent in 480P with a scanline generator :awe:

zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

I bought it on Steam to support the dev, then bought an X2 just for it. Great game.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Marquee material right there.
Emulation's nice when done well