Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
Hewitson
Please Continue...
Initials: BJA

Re: Wii U

Post by Hewitson »

Pete wrote:To me the whole Wii thing is a bit crap compared to Kinect, times have moved on.
To be fair Kinect and PS3 Move wouldn't exist without the Wii. It did revolutionise gaming to an extent, mind you I think I'd prefer a standard controller over any of them.
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

pubjoe wrote:U so chill. 8-)

Nor have I actually but I once punched and broke an expensive monitor. :oops:
I've lobbed controllers, never broken one that way though.

Only time I ever punched the screen was playing Prince Of Persia on the SMS. The grandfather of all the modern quick play quick death platformers, and far more frustrating.
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Having watched some previews, i think the zombie game looks pretty good, maybe not ground breaking but fun :)
Hewitson
Please Continue...

Post by Hewitson »

cools wrote:I've lobbed controllers, never broken one that way though.
I've broken approximately 10-15 controllers by throwing them. I once saw someone karate chop their Quickshot joystick in half after losing a game :lol:
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

Ok so I went to Euro Gamer Expo at Earls court over the weekend, played on the Wii U and have to say in short, I felt that the Wii U is the vehicle to make possible a collection of good ideas (from a gaming sense) and not a collection of excellent ones.

The Nintendo booth showcased both software and its potential (in a number of different ways) and I wasnt as taken in as I was with the introduction of the 3DS. As is with most nintendo hardware, "they" know how to get the best out of the machine, but I think the key to its success will be if other developers can unlock its potential also. Standout titles for me were Pikmin 3 and Zombie U both looked like the kind of games that you would buy the machine just to play, Pikmin 3 in particular (for me anyway) was a joy to play and to look at, building on the ideas and mechanics of the first two games.

It's an interesting machine for sure, but I'm not sold on it yet.
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Got mine pre-ordered :D
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

I've not played a lot of games in the last 5 years but do enjoy then when i actually sit down to get stuck in.
I've always enjoyed most of the franchises, just hope to see a bit more variety on this machine :)
instant_classic
Actually Loves Take That
Initials: DAF

Post by instant_classic »

For some reason I have really gotten "back into" nintendo games lately!! Been Playing a lot of classic snes stuff (super metroid is simply awesome) and then decided to give mario galaxy a blast on the wii. I am really enjoying it so far and it kinda makes me excited to see what Nintendo can do with the main franchises on the wii u.

I do agree with kern to some extent, they really need to mix things up and go for something revolutionary kind of like when mario 64 was originally released. A new f zero would be great.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Nothing's revolutionary at this point. I've always loved nintendo games. They have this focus on game design which is all about fun and they really tune the gameplay as well as they can. I don't think they've lost that.

I'm quite interested in some of the wii-u nintendoland games that make use of a big screen, not for epic cutscenes, but as a kind of large intricate playing field. They look more like fast action board games.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

pubjoe wrote:Nothing's revolutionary at this point. I've always loved nintendo games. They have this focus on game design which is all about fun and they really tune the gameplay as well as they can. I don't think they've lost that.

I'm quite interested in some of the wii-u nintendoland games that make use of a big screen, not for epic cutscenes, but as a kind of large intricate playing field. They look more like fast action board games.
I for one can't wait for Super Smash Bros 58, WarioLand 72 and Super Mario Bros 26 (3D edition)
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I for one can't wait for Super Smash Bros 58, WarioLand 72 and Super Mario Bros 26 (3D edition)
ImageImageImageImageImage |/
ImageImageCPS2
ImageStreet Fighter
gundarN
Officially Special
Initials: guN

Post by gundarN »

£300 for the proper console (not the cheap one with missing stuff) and £50 for ZombieU (a mere £45 for Super Mario Bros. U).
Nice way to get the kids on board, regardless of the actual value offered by the hardware.

They should have made Super Mario Zombies U. I might have bought that.
DrAgon
Initials: BAD

Post by DrAgon »

gundarN wrote:£300 for the proper console (not the cheap one with missing stuff) and £50 for ZombieU (a mere £45 for Super Mario Bros. U).
Nice way to get the kids on board, regardless of the actual value offered by the hardware.
but its not the kids buying it, its the parents.
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Not long till i get my mitts on one of these now :awe: , unless amazon **** up my pre order :problem:
fagin

Post by fagin »

IDCHAPPY wrote:Not long till i get my mitts on one of these now :awe: , unless amazon **** up my pre order :problem:
Not long?? It's six weeks away isn't it?
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Well, 5 weeks I think, not terribly long though :)
Hewitson
Please Continue...

Post by Hewitson »

I assume it is going to be 1080p. Will it offer any graphics improvements to original Wii games?
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Nintendo has stated that the Wii U supports 1080p graphics and has 2 GB of memory; 1 GB as system memory and the same for game memory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_u"
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

How the hell can the game be 16GB in size? Surely the days of pre rendered FMV are gone.