Diablo 3

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Jan »

you are complaining.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

Er no I was just pointing out that legitimate purchasers couldn't play their games on launch day, if you want to twist that into something else tear away ;) , I've already pointed out Torchlight 2 looks a miles better game.
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Must just be me that wants to play a game when I choose and not when a software company tells me a can, You know some times you have to wait in a queue to even play the single player game ?
:eh:
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!

Post by gargoyle67 »

That's not complaining that's just pointing out what an absolute ridiculous business model Blizzard have implemented, It's called constructive criticism, The reason it's a crap model was self evident on launch day and why Blizzard had to release an apology.
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

and if it wasn`t for this ridiculous business model, you would be playing the skidrow version right now.

constructive criticism about pirate protection comming from a pirate is kinda paradox , don`t you think ?
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!

Post by gargoyle67 »

Going round in circles here, No I wouldn't be playing right now if it was cracked, Nor will I be playing Diablo 3 when the inevitable cracked servers come out, D3 just looks bland and uninteresting to me, I'll say it again, I'm waiting for Torchlight 2, Contrary to popular belief I don't download every game just because I can, So because I'm a pirate I can't have an objective option...ookey :yawn:
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

There's a bit more to it than Blizzard being all Big Brother.

Diablo II was hacked to ****, so if you played offline then took your toon online it was unplayable.

The only longevity in D2 were the realms Blizzard had control over, because at least it was a level playing field.

D3 is a one-off fee, so while you must be online there's no monthly sub, unlike WoW.

I'm avoiding it mostly because I'm done with life-absorbing games.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Stop posting.

Like Twonk.

Please.
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!

Post by gargoyle67 »

Rossyra wrote:There's a bit more to it than Blizzard being all Big Brother.

Diablo II was hacked to ****, so if you played offline then took your toon online it was unplayable.

The only longevity in D2 were the realms Blizzard had control over, because at least it was a level playing field.

D3 is a one-off fee, so while you must be online there's no monthly sub, unlike WoW.

I'm avoiding it mostly because I'm done with life-absorbing games.
Yeah but if you want the ultimate weapons\armor you have to buy it, Which is another reason why Blizzard are worried about hacks.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:
Korszca wrote:Nope Image

we realy need an ignore function for you.
@Neo_Arcadia
Go for it.

@garg
Sarcasm is hard to tell over the Internetz; I can't tell you how many people I've heard so far complain vehemently about "owning" D3 in the last few days, and I'm tired of hearing about it. So I just assumed your post was one of those. Apologies.
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!

Post by gargoyle67 »

No worries buddy it's all good fun ;)
CHALLENGER
Please Continue...
eBay: alpha-romo_1980
Initials: OZ!

Post by CHALLENGER »

Torch Light 2 and LE looks pretty awesome, I was into never winter nights for a little while as well. Diablo 3 was more of a nostalga trip for me, and I don't agree with the online DRM either. But once I beat this game and get my fair shares of play online with friends, It won't matter anyways for me because many games like these don't really have replay value after so many years. I haven't nor do I want to play any type of rpg or whatnot years later anyhow. I beat Zelda for the SNES like 18 years ago, and never touched it since.
SEGA BLAST CITY: Tekken 1-4 series
Dynamo HS-2: Street Fighter II: World Warrior
YAMASA SLOTS: TEKKEN
TwonK
Got boots? Get cash! $$$

Post by TwonK »

SuperPang wrote:Stop posting.

Like Twonk.

Please.
Hater.
Twonk wrote:Nobody passed this game to you claiming it was 100% real.
BackInTimeSime

Post by BackInTimeSime »

Is this really a multiplayer game, or does it still play fine single player? Not really sure I want all the hassle of talking to people if I can help it...
CHALLENGER
Please Continue...
eBay: alpha-romo_1980
Initials: OZ!

Post by CHALLENGER »

Wizbiscuit wrote:Is this really a multiplayer game, or does it still play fine single player? Not really sure I want all the hassle of talking to people if I can help it...
Talking to people as "Live players" or NPCs? You are all alone and never meet any live players, unless you add friends and decide to join forces on some quests aka multi-player.
But there is plenty of talking to NPCs though.
SEGA BLAST CITY: Tekken 1-4 series
Dynamo HS-2: Street Fighter II: World Warrior
YAMASA SLOTS: TEKKEN
BackInTimeSime

Post by BackInTimeSime »

Ahh ok, that sounds ok, I liked the original Diablo, never really got on with it now, I tend now though to keep away from games that force to to play online, always so hard to arrange anything with friends, and I aint hardcore enough to enjoy playing with random people. :awe:
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

I buckled and bought it, cos my friends were all playing it.
gargoyle67 wrote:Yeah but if you want the ultimate weapons\armor you have to buy it, Which is another reason why Blizzard are worried about hacks.
You're wrong here Garg, gold comes relatively easily in the game and the absolute best gear comes from dropped yellow rares which you either find yourself or buy on the auction house with game gold. The uniques have taken a back seat, the idea being to keep the character builds much more open and away from the cookie cutter setups of D2. I like the game so far, it has a lot wrong with it, but it's still a good game.

For those that were asking, maximum party size is 4. It is very much solo-able if you desire, and you can hire a merc for soloing (like in D2), although I haven't felt the need so far.
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!

Post by gargoyle67 »

Rossyra wrote:
gargoyle67 wrote:Yeah but if you want the ultimate weapons\armor you have to buy it, Which is another reason why Blizzard are worried about hacks.
You're wrong here Garg, gold comes relatively easily in the game and the absolute best gear comes from dropped yellow rares which you either find yourself or buy on the auction house with game gold. The uniques have taken a back seat, the idea being to keep the character builds much more open and away from the cookie cutter setups of D2. I like the game so far, it has a lot wrong with it, but it's still a good game..
First time for everything :awe:
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

So then what's the point of the in-game purchases? Serious question, I thought it was also for the 1337 r4r3z.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Bragging rights I spose, dunno really, I've only had it a weekend. There's a comparison somewhere of the gear to show how much better the yellow and blue items are vs the gold. It's not even close. There's an interview with one of the devs to back it up. At this point though the real money auction house isn't even in the game, for all anyone knows it may never be.