Sonic Unleashed

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Re: Sonic Unleashed

Post by Lordstar »

John James Pacinelli wrote:
Lordstar wrote:but it looks like it handles like a traditional 2D fighter
Yeah, but that's exactly why I hate it! I hate when they try to make 3d fighting games that play like 2d fighting games...
that does not make any freaking sense. What's the point? Having a bad 3d game and a bad 2d game at the same time? Image
3D graphics are a lot quicker and i would think cheaper to make. I could see Street fighter 4 having a huge rosta of characters to play with like Alpha 3 eventualy and we need another game like that from capcom.
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher

Post by Lordstar »

John James Pacinelli wrote:As I said somewhere in this forum, give me a new 2d SF with graphics ala KOFXII and I'll be one chuffed italian ****!
as would i dude (well not italian, the most italian i get is making pasta and pizzas) but for now it will do.
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Post by John James Pacinelli »

Lordstar wrote:
John James Pacinelli wrote:As I said somewhere in this forum, give me a new 2d SF with graphics ala KOFXII and I'll be one chuffed italian ****!
as would i dude (well not italian, the most italian i get is making pasta and pizzas) but for now it will do.
I just want CAP to know that there's a lot of SF/2D buffs out there... a brand new 2d hand drawn SF would sell! At least in Japanese an SEA where people did not get insane and still love 2d games...

Just don't give us another freaking capcom fighting shait jam marmalade and put some effort for the gameplay Image
Vagina
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher

Post by Lordstar »

yeah i for one would love a Cap Fighting jam which had some effort put in to the game play.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher

Post by Lordstar »

it would be nice to have two games one 2D and one pseudo 2d/2d fighters out at the same time. I still would kill for a Capcom fighting Jam 2 if they did it how they should of done it.
Akihabara

Post by Akihabara »

I played this in Leipzig and I was very surprised. Looks great, plays great!Gonna be awesome...
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Demo get

Goddamnit SEGA!!!1

Its great. Fast, fluid, pretty. Very little in the way of traditional 3D which seems to have eliminated the buggy deaths. The QTE's fit. Nice simple fast Sonic gameplay.

And yet they STILL manage to **** it up by insisting on adding new gameplay twists and characters. By all accounts the Werehog bits are abysmal and completely ruin it.

Why SEGA, why? :roll:
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

I actually have no idea how they have managed to keep the Soinc games going this long.. We fired it on in work and it was horrible. Gamestation i believe were selling it off for £19.99.. my mate picked it up and wanted rid of it within an hour.

They should try and pull off something like "New Super Mario Bros." DS game. That game was just amazing and still sells really well.
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
Bort
Please Continue...

Post by Bort »

I enjoyed the demo as well. I kept coming back to it and it clicked after a few goes.
Not sure if I'm going to pick it up for xmas. I'd rather put a decent amount of time into Mirrors Edge and the Klonoa remake.

G,
There are the Sonic Advance games on GBA and Sonic Rush on DS. Scored very well.
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

Yeah the GBA games and DS games looked good (apart from Sonic Chronicals, which did look good until i realised you HAD to use the **** touch screen controls).

When it comes to Sonic i think alot of people just want 2D Sonic. It's the way most people remember enjoying playing a Sonic game.
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
theevilfunkster
Keeps Lordstar on a leash

Post by theevilfunkster »

The demo was great fun but I imagine it's just showcasing the best bits of the game, and purposefully not showing the 'warehog' sections.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

I was amazed to see the demo was only a 186meg download :o