Return To Monkey Island

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Return To Monkey Island

Post by nem »

k1ngarth3r wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:36 pmI didn't know that. I finished the Steam version and got the ending that most people got (similar to Monkey Island 2).

Playing again on Game Pass so will try and get the other endings. Thanks for the heads up.

That's the only ending apart from the one where go back through the door and up the stairs. Like I said, it's just the three second videos after the credits that change. More than likely you already missed the one you got.

Like I don't mind the gag at the end, indeed Monkey Island 2 had something similar. But at least in MI2 you get to close LeChuck's beard between the elevator doors and pull off his leg. Here you get nothing.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Return To Monkey Island

Post by cools »

cools wrote: January 30th, 2023, 4:14 pm Waiting for Limited Run to get their Switch release manufactured, guess I'll be playing this Christmas 2023?
Mine arrived yesterday, played through part 1 over the course of yesterdays evening. Straight onto hard because I'm unlikely to play it twice. Its great so far, but I do have a complaint. The interaction circles don't show up consistently based on distance. Some areas Guybrush needs to be really close, others he can be quite far away. I've had to use the hint book twice for what should've been obvious interactions in a spot where they only show up when you're super close. It's a decent control method as an alternative to a pointer, I'm playing docked, but it's different enough in use from an absolute location that it's tripping me up.

The writing and the voice acting is top notch, music nicely inspired. Art is generally great, some parts more heavily abstract than I'd like - I'm not convinced by the heads wobbling during speech.

It's making me happy, Mr Gilbert has done a great job.