Toaplan's first 16bit system

Fixed a PCB? Tell us how!
Forum rules
You can add Repair Logs to the Wiki here.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Toaplan's first 16bit system

Post by Asayuki »

Hi,
this time I fiddled with another Toaplan board. My first inspection wasn't attentive enough, and prolonged this repair well beyond the spare time I had allotted for it. Read it all and count the facepalms without laughing, if you dare. ;)
I have gained some solid knowledge on Toaplan's technology of the time; and I also ended up creating a tool I wanted to have since quite some time. All in all it has been quite rewarding; let alone having added another famous title to my private collection. :awe:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Wardner_( ... epair_Logs
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Re: Toaplan's first 16bit system

Post by mufunyo »

Entertaining read! :awe:
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

ha excellent read and repair dude ! 8-)

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

Your comparing device looks nice, what does the total BOM and cost come to?
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

Thanks a lot everybody. I'm glad you liked it.
Asure wrote:Your comparing device looks nice, what does the total BOM and cost come to?
Prototypes are always expensive, therfore it's useless to evaluate it based on the price I paid for all the needed stuff. Expecially because I ordered parts from a get-it-tomorrow jewelier, the PCB got produced in europe and I had to assemble everything manually; the probes being the most tedious and most expensive (IC clips alone were around 20 euros each!). ...and it was still quite cheaper than the prices found on evilBay for the HP one.
If enough people is interested, I can get a proper quote for the entire thing from a chinese company. But in that case, I'll rather open a separate thread for that.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.