Introduce yourself here!

New users start here! Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Forum rules
Arcade Otaku forum introduction & rules
bobbydilley
eBay: bobby.dilley
Initials: bad

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by bobbydilley » December 8th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm Bobby, and I've come here from the arcade-projects forum. I'm into mainly rail-shooters and currently working on a JVS Emulator for my Naomi and Lindbergh.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and learning lots of new things!

Hydreigon
eBay: hydreigon223
Initials: HYD

Hydreigon here.

Post by Hydreigon » December 9th, 2018, 5:53 pm

I have been on Klov for quite a while in suggesting some "modern classic" arcade stuff and then found out on this site which contains a lot of that. Looking forward to this. Currently own a twin Time Crisis 2. Everything but the monitors are in fine condition now.

Cwakerly3
eBay: Cwakerly

Post by Cwakerly3 » December 9th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Hi Craig here,

I am a Super LS Sound owner and am addicted to SF2.

Like everyone, always on the look out for Taito stools and benches :D

TheCb
eBay: none
Initials: tcb

Post by TheCb » December 10th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Cwakerly3 wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 6:40 MP
and am addicted to SF2.
in good company. Welcome

Ichiknee
eBay: Gamersfantasy
Initials: ALI

Post by Ichiknee » December 11th, 2018, 1:19 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :angel: Hey, I'm Olli. I mostly collect Pinball but have recently gotten into some arcade games. I've met lots of awesome people in the pinball/arcade world and hope to meet you too someday :)

Yellow13
eBay: not an eBay user
Initials: VSS

Post by Yellow13 » December 12th, 2018, 3:56 pm

Hi guys!

I'm Yellow13 from Russia and I have recently had fun with a couple emulated arcade games a friend sent me. I wanted to discover more arcade games that are available on PC, did a Google search, and here I am!
My favourite game types are shooters (especially those with "guns" you aim at the screen ; a shame this can't be done on PC!), although I like playing a racing game from time to time.
Apart from arcade games, I like real time strategy and other realistic simulators, like submarine games.

And that's all for now, I hope I'll discover lots of awesome stuff here!

FluxChiller
eBay: go_team_venture!
Initials: cca

Post by FluxChiller » December 14th, 2018, 2:34 am

Hello everyone! I have been an avid gamer for most of my life and after a decade of watching on sidelines finally taking the plunge down the rabbit hole for a candy cab arcade project! I am on the east coast in the DC suburbs, mid 40's family guy, tech, scifi, gaming nerd :) Looking forward to getting into the hobby! Thanks! 8-)

GraveyardDuck
eBay: Castlerocker77
Initials: WES

Post by GraveyardDuck » December 14th, 2018, 4:54 pm

Hello all,

I'm Wes of the Graveyard Duck podcast. Been an arcade collector for the past 10 years or so. I have an Aero City on the way from a friend of mine, and in looking up info on it, I discovered this place. Excited to contribute to the discussion.

Darklightjg1
eBay: darklightjg3450
Initials: HIM

Post by Darklightjg1 » December 16th, 2018, 1:40 pm

Hi, I've been into video games almost my whole life (born in 86) and a competitive fighting game player for almost 13 years (Main series is SF and KOF, but I play almost everything in this genre). I ordered a candy cab in October because I thought it would be cool to finally have the arcade perfect versions of some of my favorite games. Having issues with the monitor atm, but hopefully I can work through those. Anyway, I joined to learn more about and enhance my enjoyment of the hobby.

yattaman
eBay: ARCADEMAN
Initials: PIP

Post by yattaman » December 18th, 2018, 6:16 pm

hi friends...
i'm Giuseppe from italy i'm an arcade collector ...ty for accept my request in this forum

snakeblisken
eBay: whit_qlcsp

Post by snakeblisken » December 21st, 2018, 8:05 am

Hi Guys

Cliff here, Just got a Time Crisis machine. Needs some work so going to be asking for some help. Great forum!! :D :D

Csalinas77357
eBay: CARLOS SALINAS
Initials: Css

Post by Csalinas77357 » December 21st, 2018, 11:54 pm

Hi new member here from Chicago
Need a bit of help
I lost the mounting screws for my joystick on a sega candy cade. Hi believe they are standard m4’s.
Can anyone help me out

Wigz81
eBay: Vgnerd81
Initials: Smw

Post by Wigz81 » December 24th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Wigz here. Like alot of people i started out as a lurker. Havent managed to snag a candy cab yet. Ive been looking for about 9 years but its pretty dry out here in Florida with the exception of the occasional seller on village bbs. I primarily play shmups and fighting games. Current favs are Blazing Star and SFA 2 that i play on a SF II repro bartop i built. Ill start the hunt for a Blast City again in a couple of months, so if you live in Fl or GA and see one let me know ;)

asra
eBay: angesastr_0
Initials: ****

Post by asra » December 29th, 2018, 12:03 am

Hey guys

I'm a random guy living in Spain, been messing around with consoles for a few years but recently felt the temptation to get into some arcade stuff so I got myself a couple PCBs and a supergun, and now I'm living the life :)
I'm a programmer by trade, have done some game development in the past but nothing noteworthy.

I don't know if I can own a full cab so looking for an xm-29 and/or maybe an arcade monitor (toshiba perfect flat from NNC).
We'll see how that goes :)

Cheers!

yuroism
eBay: yuroism

Post by yuroism » December 29th, 2018, 2:08 am

Long time lurker, finally registered.

Trying to get my hands on my first cab, a Vewlix F. Already have a CPS2 Darksoft Multi and a CPS3 Darksoft Multi. I'm not a collector, but a player. So I love myself some patina'd beat up stuff that still works really well. No museum here.

Hope to learn a lot more by joining and hopefully buying/selling/trading in the marketplace.
CPS1 Hyper Fighting
CPS2 Darksoft Multi
CPS3 Darksoft Multi
Killer Instinct 1+2
Vewlix F

fryster
eBay: DrHibert
Initials: CHR

Post by fryster » December 29th, 2018, 10:51 am

Hello,
I am Christian from Germany. I am mainly interessted in Atomiswave and PGM. I own a Sega Versus City. I am happy that I finally registered.
Best regards
Christian

manteni
eBay: paquillobay
Initials: fbb

Post by manteni » December 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Hello, my name is Paco, I live in Spain and I do not speak English. I use the google translator to read and write. I have a wooden arcade makina with broken monitor and I want to go to the Japanese booths and play with my children. Thanks for this forum.

RickyTTT
eBay: carmentt
Initials: RRF

Post by RickyTTT » December 30th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Hello,
I am Ricardo from Spain I am mainly interessted in Taito Stools to play in my VEWLIX.
Best regards
Ricardo

SVTRondogg
eBay: Mustangsupplywest

Post by SVTRondogg » December 31st, 2018, 6:39 pm

Hello all!

New user from California USA. I have been playing with MAME and my trusty X-Arcade stick for the last 10 years or so.

This year I took the plunge into some legit arcade hardware after wanting a cabinet of my own since being a kid.

This year I picked up a Neo Geo Big Red and most recently picked up a Sega Blast City.

I am looking forward to learning a lot and getting help with the things I can't sort out on my own.

zeromiles
eBay: orlando.ortiz
Initials: ONO

Post by zeromiles » December 31st, 2018, 6:41 pm

Hello there. I am from Brazil, and I've been collecting / restoring / playing arcade games for a very long time.

I hope to share experiences and learn more with you guys -- and hopefully make my beat'em ups collection grow :-)

Cheers