Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Damsrpg
Banned
eBay: whitespeaker66
Initials: DAM

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Damsrpg » June 26th, 2018, 11:35 am

Hello !
My name is Damien, French Arcade, console collectors.
I started my arcade collection 15 years ago with AC and NAC. I upgrade my collection with 2 Egret II and one Blast City.
I already collecting Flippers, I own Addams Family and Dr Who and i'm looking for a Theatre of Magic.

I begin to start on focus et recenter my arcade collection because I have around 250 Pcbs and it tooks a lot of space !

MoonshineGFT
eBay: squareenix_fan
Initials: MSN

Post by MoonshineGFT » June 27th, 2018, 4:29 am

Hello all, my name is Dave and I'm a Canadian living in Japan. I was fortunate enough to recently acquire a Sega Blast City, my very first candy cab, and a large stepping-stone in the fulfillment of my dream to start my own "basement arcade" (though Japan doesn't have basements, mine is more like a storehouse arcade).
Unfortunately however, my electrical knowledge does not match my passion for arcade gaming, so I'll be looking forward to receiving technical support from any users patient enough to accommodate my painfully newbish inquiries.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :D
よろしくお願いします!

jermz0r
Please Continue...
eBay: jru92
Initials: JRU

Post by jermz0r » June 27th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Recent enthusiast of the beauty of arcade hardware/software!

I'm about 2 cabs in (Sega Astro City & Sammy Atomiswave SD) Egret II coming soon!

I would really like to own a capcom cute one day! ╭(◔ ◡ ◔)/

My main interests when it comes to games/systems is CPSII/MVS/Naomi/Namco System 246

Keroro1125
eBay: coreykun667
Initials: CDH

Post by Keroro1125 » June 28th, 2018, 9:24 am

Hello, I'm Corey and I'm from Central California! I got my first cabinet about 4 years ago which was a "Big Red" Neo-Geo 4 slot cab. A couple years ago I started getting more cabs like a Dynamo Z-back with Tekken 3 in it, A Sega Titan "trash can" cab with Die Hard in it, and just this year I picked up an upright Outrun that needs lots of TLC.

Would love to eventually get a Vewlix and an Astro City someday, though I think I live in the wrong part of California, since most of them seem to be in the LA area.

skullionaire
Please Continue...
eBay: nandaba
Initials: BAB

Post by skullionaire » June 28th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Hey, I'm Brad. I didn't grow up anywhere with an actual arcade but I was born in a time where I could experience MVS machines in random pizza places and getting to play various Street Fighters in movie theaters. I always kind of wanted a cabinet but when I was finally exposed to a candy cab I knew I needed one... just needed the space first. And with the space nearly in my grasp, I'm trying to get a bit of a headstart on living the dream.

Crashdown59
eBay: blanq-julie
Initials: JUL

Post by Crashdown59 » July 1st, 2018, 7:12 pm

Hello, i'm Julien, nice to meet you all!

i did fall in love with arcade since i was in High School (like 8-10 years ago) , especially shmups from cave. Didn't bought a 360 which i regret a lot.

3 or 4 years ago a arcade did open around me, i did play a lot of DDR/ITG and some other games. I also try to begin TGM with mame.

Since then, my dream is to have at least 3 cabs: one or two generic cabs with at least a TGM and a cave shmup (probably Ketsui), and a DDR cab.

Actually, i don't have a cabinet yet (i'm not on my own yet, living with my parents) but i plan to buy one soon (a friend is willing to store it until i move in a appartment).

I did purchase a TGM1 pcb and a puyo puyo tsuu pcb. Now, i am just waiting to have the cabinet, which i don't know which one i will buy (probably a astro or blast city, but i'm not sure)

Richter
eBay: richter.b

Post by Richter » July 5th, 2018, 11:36 am

Hello,

My name is Michael, I live in France.

I was lucky enough to get an Egret II a few years ago, which I have had some screen issues recently...hopefully I can get some help from the community, in order to get it fixed :-)

I love brawlers and shooting games, especially horizontal R-Type style and Cave stuff !

BitmapBureau
eBay: happogahara
Initials: MMT

Post by BitmapBureau » July 5th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Hey everyone,

My name's Mike Tucker and I've been playing arcade and video games for many years now - I used to collect JAMMA boards back in the day but then concentrated on collecting for Neo Geo, PC Engine and Mega Drive. I've recently bought my first cab - Initial D Arcade Stage version 3, and I'm looking to buy a Blast City or New Astro City next if anyone has one going? :) I'm also a videogame developer and we're working on a new game for the Sega Mega Drive at the moment called "Xeno Crisis", which one or two of you might know of. Anyway, great to meet you all, and if an admin / mod can give me access to the cab sales thread I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Mike.

ShayminSky
Please Continue...
eBay: ebay.com/usr/shayminsky

Post by ShayminSky » July 8th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Hi Everyone, My name is Josh and I'm a professional Illustrator/ Graphic designer. I discovered the world of Candy Cabinets back in 2015 and I've always wanted one ever since. I love the bright neon colors and slick 90's style graphics that many Candy Cabs prominently feature, they remind me of a lot of games I grew up with.

Definitely interested in Shumps and puzzle games, and I have my eye on a few CPS2 and MVS boards that I'd love to get. I'm very close to actually owning a candy cabinet right now as I'm in talks with an owner who's had them for 17 years.

I love to draw authentic manga and anime painted style artwork and would to combine my love of the Candy Cab graphic styles with my drawings. I also recently bought a button maker and am about to sell pinback buttons featuring modified candy cabinet 100 yen stickers.

good to meet you all!

nonosto
eBay: nonostonordine
Initials: NOR

Post by nonosto » July 9th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Dear friends

Why do I introduce myself, simply because politeness and why not if a pretty girl goes in the corner ...
I am nonosto, I am lokking for my first arcade cabinet.
I'm a fan of street fighter (until ok), old arcade games that works the old reflexes including space harrier, the best shoot of all time. Of course all the SEGA arcade games from the 80's to the present day and in particular Shinobi, Out Run 1 & 2 (the one in 3D) and of course Daytona USA which will be my first arcade that I will buy the day I
Below all I am the biggest living fan of Super Mario (I finish with all the episode with the max of bonus, hidden levels, etc ...) and tom Selleck (the I am maybe the last others dead of then the 80's)
my last lubis with twin stick I'm a fan (one day we invent the evangelion or any other robot fight I would be ready).
Apart from the games, I like Thai boxing and I got a little MMA.

THX

pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe » July 10th, 2018, 1:33 am

nonosto wrote:and why not if a pretty girl goes in the corner ...
We are the pretty girl :whoopsie:

Coming in the corner.

nonosto
eBay: nonostonordine
Initials: NOR

Post by nonosto » July 10th, 2018, 5:18 am

No just in case if. :oops:

arthurtheboss
eBay: arthurtheboss
Initials: ACS

Post by arthurtheboss » July 15th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Hi. My name is Arturo and I'm from Spain. I'm a fan of the shmups. I just bought a NAC and I need many titles to feed it. Greetings to all! :)
Be MERVA, my friend

JamStar
Please Continue...
eBay: jwel6516
Initials: JAM

Post by JamStar » July 18th, 2018, 9:51 pm

I’m Jose from Texas. I recently purchased a Sega Blast City and have a Sega Virtua Fighter 3 DX cab with 4 slot MVS in it ATM. A fellow candy cab owner pointed me to this site for parts and PCBs. I’m new to the hobby but enjoying it thus far. Thanks for having me.

GrayestOdin795
Please Continue...
eBay: Graye15
Initials: JLM

Post by GrayestOdin795 » July 24th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Greetings. My name is James. I am an gaming enthusiast who is just getting started here and is planning on buying a Supergun and the Mr. Driller Arcade trilogy. (Mr. Driller, Mr. Driller 2, and Mr. Driller Great.) Although I might not be good at other games, I am quite skilled at several series.

BlackIcE
eBay: blackiceauction
Initials: ICE

Post by BlackIcE » July 25th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Hello all. My name is Black IcE and I have been collecting since about 2005 with a MVS 1 slot and a couple games. I have been mostly on the Neo Geo forums, but I am trying to branch out. I live close to Lemony Vengeance, so we get a chance to get together as time permits and play a game or two. My interests are primarily late 80s through mid 90s games, but I can appreciate most any other cab or game. I collect primarily candy cabs with two Crown CWC-201s, MV-U4 with a one slot, and a Naomi Universal that is in the process of being restored.

Jan
Enemy of the state of Spain
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan » July 25th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Laudec
eBay: laudec
Initials: lau

Post by Laudec » July 31st, 2018, 7:15 pm

Hello
I am Laudec from France
I like arcade and especially the shmup: D
many friends talk about AO !!! so I'm here now

happy to be here ;)

Owlz1981
eBay: lecrade
Initials: PHI

Post by Owlz1981 » August 1st, 2018, 6:19 pm

hey there,

i am Phil from Nuremberg Germany. I am a huge idiot on Sega. Currently my arcade stack consists of a new astro city and a new net city 2nd generation.

i have been soldering a lot of crap together....like megadrive2jamma and did a complete recap of both my chassis'....

i am here to find some new shmup/platformer boards for my astro and maybe trade some of my existing boards with you :)

Greets!
VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK! NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

SuperPang
Master or Universe

Post by SuperPang » August 1st, 2018, 6:27 pm

Owlz1981 wrote: i am Phil from Nuremberg Germany. I am a huge idiot
You'll fit right in. :thumbup: :roboprob: :thumbupright: