Introduce yourself here!

New users start here! Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
MooshJamma
Please Continue...
eBay: Moosh_da_moosh
Initials: JMI

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by MooshJamma » April 11th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Hi! I'm J. As of recently, I am a proud owner of a New Astro City cab but it needs some work before I can get it working. I had no prior knowledge of arcade stuff before purchasing it and I hope to get some tech support on these forums! :D

barky65
eBay: barky6505

Post by barky65 » April 11th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Hi there! I'm currently trying to fulfill my life long dream of owning a candy cabinet. I'm currently most bent on importing a vewlix clone from ali baba, though I still have a lot of research to do. This site has been great so far, and I hope I can ask more direct questions to those with much more experience doing this!

barky65
eBay: barky6505

Post by barky65 » April 11th, 2018, 7:50 pm

MooshJamma wrote:Hi! I'm J. As of recently, I am a proud owner of a New Astro City cab but it needs some work before I can get it working. I had no prior knowledge of arcade stuff before purchasing it and I hope to get some tech support on these forums! :D
arrrgh! Why couldn't you have gotten it a year ago when I was still living in philly! I would've loved to help troubleshoot that, I'm a field engineer by trade that repairs robotics

Steven4815
Please Continue...
eBay: freakin_stevie
Initials: SAV

Post by Steven4815 » April 12th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Hey everyone. I'm Stephen, a retro electronics enthusiast. I'm fluent in Japanese and have a small collection of Japanese arcade hardware that I'm looking to make bigger.

kenshiro51
eBay: Kenshiro051

Post by kenshiro51 » April 13th, 2018, 7:42 am

hello all, after several several years to want arcade game I finally made the decision :-) egret 2 with wei ya tri frequency and a sega megalo bench. the picture is not as nice as a new net city but as i can have only one arcade game at home with this system I can put everything. I have only 2 pcb: super pang and toki and I hope to find shadow dancer :-)

gique
Please Continue...
eBay: retroraiderjapan
Initials: BJF

Post by gique » April 25th, 2018, 2:59 pm

Hello, Japan resident and owner of an Egret 3, not selling anything just looking for a few technical answers here and there!

Thanks!

tholien

Post by tholien » April 30th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Hello,
I realize that I have not made any introduction.

I am French, 36 years old.
I've bought the first cab 15 years ago

I come to read mainly the technical subjects

ziggy86
Please Continue...
eBay: ziggy_86
Initials: SEK

Post by ziggy86 » April 30th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Hello from Australia. I'm Sam. I've joined for technical advice and restoration tips on candy cabs. Big fan of CPS2 and beat 'em ups.

youngmoney
eBay: karlgyalog

Post by youngmoney » May 7th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Greetings from Sweden. Long time player of arcade games but just recently got into original hardware. Have a new Astro City incoming and I'm currently looking for some good games to get started with. Mainly here to browse the buy/sell sections. Cheers!

TwoP
eBay: Kaede-uk
Initials: MIK

Post by TwoP » May 15th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Hi there,

I'm a long time lurker of the forums from the Killercabs days, and now with a house big enough to host a candy cab or two.
I've been studying Japanese for several years and visited Japan 3 times, and HEY arcade twice! ;) I attend regular Japanese meet up groups in London once a month

I'm a huge CAVE/Capcom fan looking for an Astro/Aero/Blast/Net City to get me started with a MAME set up. Any condition considered!

Cheers,
Mike

skulljab
Please Continue...
eBay: skulljab
Initials: ACE

Post by skulljab » May 15th, 2018, 8:13 pm

I've been interested/ obsessed with arcade cabinets my whole life, glad to have found this sanctuary.

ArcadePT
eBay: ArcadePT
Initials: JOE

Post by ArcadePT » May 19th, 2018, 11:00 pm

kravex wrote:Hello, my name is Ricardo and I'm from Portugal. Long time retro collector and game enthusiast.
Can someone please give me access to the marketplace? I'm interested in some stuff from there. :angel:
Thanks
Welcome aboard mate!
Stay and enjoy.

horse
Please Continue...
eBay: Choclat
Initials: ace

Post by horse » May 21st, 2018, 10:21 pm

hi guys,

im after a vewlix and joined the forum upon recommendation from arcade-projects, glad to be part of the community

Wallsy
eBay: stewalls
Initials: STE

Post by Wallsy » May 23rd, 2018, 4:25 pm

Hi, Wallsy (Steve) from Wigan, also on shmups, own a new net city and most cave boards :awe:

Bigsingerdawg
eBay: Bigsingerdawg
Initials: Mdw

Post by Bigsingerdawg » May 25th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Marc here, from New York originally but now living in Canada and more specifically Toronto.

Been to Japan once and generally just a huge video game addic....enthusiast.

I have a almost full MVS/AES collection with a modified HDMI AES that is the absolute bomb. Have tons of games and home console systems. The most rare thing I have outside of my MVS/AES is a numbered 1 of 200 Japanese Resident Evil Blue Dreamcast it is glorious :awe: .

What else, before I get to why I'm here recently? I was able to buy a few animated art cels from Mega man 8 outside of ebay which are being frames and are everything.

Okay so why I'm here!

Living in Canadia is tough, it's not the US and it's not Japan. We don't have tons of Blast City/New Versus City/MVS cabs around and easy to procure. Started getting the wheels turning on getting a pallet of 9-18 cabinets from an international merchant for myself and others in Toronto.

I'm pretty sure I can't fit the cab in the room I want it in (I measured, so close, 2 inches away), but I'm not going to let that stop me, really want to get a cab in the next few years and start a CP and maybe Naomi collection/PC hookup.

New to the hobby from a coin op perspective so pretty computer savvy but not really cabinet savvy so looking forward to being a member vs just lurking and engaging with the community and hopefully getting some people including myself some holy grails they will love and cherish forever.

downtownclown
Please Continue...
eBay: captainz86
Initials: ZOD

Post by downtownclown » May 25th, 2018, 11:19 pm

Greetings fellow humans, my pairental units call me Rudy,
My location is the California section of planet earth,
I have a unhealthy obsession with all things Arcade. I been into pinball and video games for years, recently at the scrapyard I work at I found a sit down Arcade or as the cool kids call it, a candy cab.
now I’m here to learn more about these Japanese machines and to hopefully restore this one that I found.

pecker
Please Continue...
eBay: johan-jeanb
Initials: jbj

Post by pecker » May 30th, 2018, 12:16 am

hi,

I'm pecker, a 26 year-old arcade Fan from France.

I've love been collecting old stuff and arcade stuff, my first cab of my life is maked by sega "the ocean hunter" :batlove:
I only have a nintendo playchoice 10 fullset cab & games, sega mega-tech cab and neogeo MVS 4 slots cab.
ps: (for playing in the summer with my sweetie ocean hunter PCB i have a projector and two big gun turrels) :awe: :awe: :awe: .

i m good on electronic.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
why make it simple when we can make it complicated?
the Shadoks.,

crisemmm
eBay: medinacristiaan
Initials: CWM

Post by crisemmm » May 30th, 2018, 1:32 am

Hi! My name is Cristian. I currently own 2 cabs (Sega Aero CIty and a Namco Noir clone). Im hoping to find more cabs here or other goodies!

zak
eBay: NA

Post by zak » May 31st, 2018, 7:21 pm

Welcome to the forums!
pecker wrote:hi,

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Is pecker your real name? :oops:

mv1f
Please Continue...
eBay: libarrasso

Post by mv1f » June 3rd, 2018, 6:26 pm

Hi, I'm mv1f. When I was in college I owned a Neo Candy 29 but I had to get rid of it because moving it is a pain. These days I've been messing with a Naomi without a cab and like to mess with electronics.