Introduce yourself here!

New users start here! Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
MsK
eBay: none
Initials: MSK

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by MsK » February 9th, 2018, 2:01 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Daniel from Bordeaux, France. I fell into video games when I first saw aladdin move at the press of a button on a megadrive gamepad and fell into arcade and shmups in particaul when I discovered donpachi and then dodonpachi around 10 years ago. I became a game programmer and ended up programming two shoot'em ups, Shogun rise of the renegade on mobiles and Pawarumi on Steam recently.

I still hope I'll have the chance to buy an egret2 someday, with ketsui, ssf2x and metal slug.
Dodge the bullet, save the world.

nev73
eBay: neverland73
Initials: NEV

Post by nev73 » February 9th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Hi all

Im marco from Italy
i game since i was 7 year old :) ( now 44 :lolno: )

i m loving the arcade game and im done a tons of games :D

Im prefer the shooting game as Mushishime sama, ketsui, etc but in general i love all games from cave, toaplan, psikyo etc

bye!

chinozor
Please Continue...
eBay: antcalgary
Initials: ANT

Post by chinozor » February 13th, 2018, 7:11 am

Hi,

I am french, I live in Canada , I am currently selling my entire Saturn Japanese collection and I plan to buy a candy cabinet in the next 12 months. Love japan, been there 3 times over the past 18 months. Started video games on the NES in the mid 80s and still gaming hard until now.

bigapple3am
eBay: ninjavitis227
Initials: 3AM

Post by bigapple3am » February 14th, 2018, 1:12 am

Hello! I live in Los Angeles, and I started getting into arcade machines last year. I just finished fixing up a Neo Geo 4 Slot Big Red, and I just got an Aero City yesterday. Third Strike is my favorite game!

pxl3d
eBay: neogeomtl

Post by pxl3d » February 14th, 2018, 2:50 am

Hey everyone,

New arcade collector from Montreal, Canada.
I've scarted to buy back some classic games I used to love growing up in the subburbs. I got some soldering equipment and now in the process of restoring a CPS1 Final Fight board, some bad EPROMs, some bad connections on the C-Board, ordered some parts.

If you guys never went to ArcadeMTL downtown, it's a cool spot to go hang and play great games !

kopo
eBay: none

Post by kopo » February 15th, 2018, 11:17 am

HI,

Kopo from Belgium here, started 10 years ago refurbishing old arcade cabinets and turning them into jamma multicart/ mame machines. Just recently found an old hyperspin drive and found some time again to game. Looking for a nice vewlix cabinet and wanting to learn more about the original hardware.

(also want a drummania machine :) )

cheers!

machinoya
eBay: n/a
Initials: MKY

Post by machinoya » February 20th, 2018, 4:57 pm

I'm from the UK and looking to get back into arcade gaming (and perhaps PCB collecting), now that I have a bit more free time. :)

gweempose
eBay: gweempose
Initials: BRI

Post by gweempose » February 20th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Hello there! I'm Brian from Chicago. I just picked up my second arcade game (a Tatio Groove Coaster 3). I have no idea what the heck it is saying most of the time, but it sure is fun! My other game is a Nintendo R-Type, which I managed to snag for free a few years ago out of someone's garage.

Besides arcade games, I also love pinball. I enjoy buying them, fixing them up, modding them, and most of all, playing them. :D

Awbacon
eBay: Awbacon
Initials: Aeb

Post by Awbacon » February 22nd, 2018, 4:46 am

gweempose wrote:Hello there! I'm Brian from Chicago. I just picked up my second arcade game (a Tatio Groove Coaster 3). I have no idea what the heck it is saying most of the time, but it sure is fun! My other game is a Nintendo R-Type, which I managed to snag for free a few years ago out of someone's garage.

Besides arcade games, I also love pinball. I enjoy buying them, fixing them up, modding them, and most of all, playing them. :D
Haha I get to introduce myself as ANOTHER Chicago guy right behind you.

Nice to be here. Getting into arcade collecting since I’ve hit a roadblock in console gaming and I am expanding my interests

bipedal
eBay: bipedal_0
Initials: CSB

Post by bipedal » February 24th, 2018, 1:37 am

Oh man I sure am excited to get into yet another hobby I can't afford. Been in ORI for just over a year now and I'm finding out about how much more expensive it is to import stuff than from the states. Oh well. I make videos and I swear I'm going to somehow have myself a blast city cabinet before the year is up.

GoenitzNYC
eBay: GoenitzNYC
Initials: JAV

Post by GoenitzNYC » February 28th, 2018, 12:25 am

Hello,

I am into mostly Capcom CPS/CPS2 boards and the occasional Sega System 16/24/32 and other.

Getting back into the whole "Retro-game" thing, luckily I held on to most of my stuff. I have two boards with issues and am hoping to seek some good help and/or direction here.

I was recommended this site by a fellow retro-gamer.

Best regards,

GoenitzNYC

snowblindz
Please Continue...
eBay: snowblindz
Initials: BC

Post by snowblindz » February 28th, 2018, 6:17 am

Hello! My name is Brandon and i'm from Missouri in the USA. I've been in love with arcade games since the age of 3... I'm now 39 years old. My favorite arcade game of all time is Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting. But I love pretty much all genres. I spent a lot of my time in arcades growing up. Not long ago I was able to visit the Galloping Ghost in Illinois and felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

Just recently I've been tirelessly searching for information to restore my Konami Windy I candy cab back to it's former glory. I thought I had lost it when we moved in 2009. One day I drove by the old house and decided to stop and chat with the new owner. Amazingly 9 years later they still had my Windy cabinet in the basement. I went through an ordeal of not having my key to the coin door and by some miracle I found it in a moving box loose among many other things. I have the cabinet in pieces right now getting ready to power wash it and buy new hardware (screws/bolts) because the ones in the cabinet were rusted and stripped (basement flood).

Anyway In my search for information on my Windy, I stumbled upon this site, and it seems like the best place on the internet to help me out.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/rOu3V"><a href="//imgur.com/rOu3V"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gweempose
eBay: gweempose
Initials: BRI

Post by gweempose » February 28th, 2018, 8:33 pm

snowblindz wrote:Not long ago I was able to visit the Galloping Ghost in Illinois and felt like I had died and gone to heaven.
Yeah, it's a pretty amazing place. I feel so lucky to live so close.

wataru
eBay: zeron_tlc
Initials: LOS

Post by wataru » March 1st, 2018, 2:18 am

Hi.I'm new to this board and like to say Hello to all Arcade fans.
To bad I started very late getting into arcade PCB's because the stuff has been getting really expensive.
I got already an upright horizontal cab (nothing fancy) and a handful of Shmup PCB's at home and hope to find some more and a vertical cab too in the future without breaking the bank ;-)

Suicyco
eBay: suicyco_fin
Initials: SUI

Post by Suicyco » March 1st, 2018, 9:17 am

Hello gang,

My name is Pekka and I'm from Helsinki, Finland. Currently it is about -13 C / 9 F outside, but luckily my arcade collection is safely stored in house (all around the house actually). I have a generic rotatable JAMMA cab (an AR-1100, a popular classic model over here) and also a Daytona USA upright model plus around 65 PCBs.
I'm also trying to complete my MVS collection - I have 10 carts to go at the moment, but of course some of them are really expensive ones :( .
In addition to video games, I'm heavily into pinball. I currently have 9 full size pinball machines at home and more in a rental place in downtown Helsinki. If you haven't tried playing a real pinball machine recently, I would definitely recommend trying one, because the current ones have really good rules (meaning there's a lot to do in the game) and there's just something magical about whacking a real steel ball around.
Anyway, enough rambling, looking forward to being a part of the community!

yosai
280bpm's too slow
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai » March 1st, 2018, 10:37 am

Welcome aboard newcomers. :awe:
snowblindz wrote:Hello! My name is Brandon and I'm from Missouri in the USA. I've been in love with arcade games since the age of 3... I'm now 39 years old. My favourite arcade game of all time is Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting....

Just recently I've been tirelessly searching for information to restore my Konami Windy...
Good luck and keep at it. :thumbupright:

Information and parts for Windies are extremely rare but if you need any info hit me up. I've got a pair myself and picked up this beauty a couple of weeks back...
unnamed.jpg

snowblindz
Please Continue...
eBay: snowblindz
Initials: BC

Post by snowblindz » March 1st, 2018, 2:59 pm

yosai wrote:Welcome aboard newcomers. :awe:
snowblindz wrote:Hello! My name is Brandon and I'm from Missouri in the USA. I've been in love with arcade games since the age of 3... I'm now 39 years old. My favourite arcade game of all time is Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting....

Just recently I've been tirelessly searching for information to restore my Konami Windy...
Good luck and keep at it. :thumbupright:

Information and parts for Windies are extremely rare but if you need any info hit me up. I've got a pair myself and picked up this beauty a couple of weeks back...

YES! That right there is my dream come to life! I will definitely take you up on the offer to hit you up with questions! Super rare to even know another Windy owner it seems. As I said in my introduction it's been since 2009 since I've even seen mine.

rtype
eBay: shandybean
Initials: AJP

Post by rtype » March 1st, 2018, 11:02 pm

Hi, I'm Andy, also known as R-Type on Jamma+ and UKVAC. Been trying to get back into arcade related goodness after a hiatus of about 5 years. Having 3 children interfered with my gaming unfortunately.

Fave games are from mid to late 80s up to mid 90s. Earliest game I can remember playing would have been either Kung Fu Master or Pleaids. I currently have 3 cabs, a generic woody jamma cab, an Electrocoin S.C.I. cab and a Zaccaria Track & Field/Hypersports cab. I'm originally from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, but live in Buckingham now.

Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces and hope to meet some new people too.

Andy

ekorz
eBay: evankorzon

Post by ekorz » March 3rd, 2018, 12:56 pm

Have I not done this yet? I'm ekorz from arcade-projects and KLOV. Interests are arcade stuff (lots of fighters) and RGB'd consoles. Hi there!

djlunchbox
eBay: suthern_mixer
Initials: rjm

Post by djlunchbox » March 5th, 2018, 11:42 pm

Hello all!! Ray here from sunny los angeles CA!!

Just got heavy into retro gaming. Built a few bartops but i'm totally looking into getting 1 or 2 candy cabs by years end!