Introduce yourself here!

New users start here! Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Forum rules
ArcadeOtaku forum introduction & rules
komidore64
eBay: komidore64
Initials: AP

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby komidore64 » January 10th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Hi folks! My name is Adam.

I've been lurking around the forum for a few months now as I started getting into shoot em ups in early 2016 until I hit up an arcade with candy cabs a few weeks ago which pushed me over the edge. I want some cabs in my home! Of all people, my wife suggested I go ahead and start working on arcade hardware! Who am I to refuse her instructions! :awe:

I've amassed a small collection of consoles and games over the years dabbling in retro stuff more recently. Building my Saturn's shmup collection has taken priority!

Other hobbies of mine include building mechanical keyboards, board games, and being lazy.

I'm looking forward to getting some cabinets and games for my upstairs man-cave as well as getting to you know you fine people! See you out there...
djsniperwolf

Postby djsniperwolf » January 10th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Hello all! I have been a constant lurker for years, but only recently have I registered because I may be the proud new owner of a New Net City, or possibly even a Blast city. I haven't yet decided so i came here to get some feedback. Thanks
sibeer
eBay: ecowarm
Initials: SIB

Postby sibeer » January 11th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Evening Arcade fans. Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and won a cabinet on eBay. Just waiting for Retrologistics to bring it up and I will be getting going on a project I have wanted to do for about 15 years but only just got enough space to do.

I have gone for a Naomi Universal that has seen better days and has no Naomi system in it. The monitor, PSU and sound are all in good condition though which is ideal for the launchbox or hyperspin PC I am planning on fitting.

I have come to get involved here as you lot seem to really know your stuff. My long term plans for the cabinet include a strip and repaint, a new control panel, acquiring and fitting a marquee and creating a full set of artwork, hopefully i am in the right place to get a few tips and learn from those who have been there and done it.

See y'all on the forum
Kibo

Postby Kibo » January 11th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Hi, everybody new here but not in arcade wolrd ( since 2004 ). I'm french and i love shmup : Raizing, grev,cave... fighting game : street 3.3.

See you on the board.
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Postby NoAffinity » January 12th, 2017, 12:40 am

Hi all,

Chris here. Registered a couple days ago. Wanted to join, in order to post a recent repair to the CPS-1 repair logs - fixing muffled/barely audible audio on a SF2:WW 'A' board by replacing the on-board audio amp. 8-) Don't see that fix yet represented on the repair logs.

A little about me:

Bought my first cab around 2003 - a bootleg SF2 cab running rainbow or accelerator or one of those detestable versions. A couple buddies and I threw in on it together, and it went to their house which was the party house at the time. Quickly replaced the bootleg board with a SF2:HF board, and soon had a switcher with NBA JAM, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat, and others. It eventually became, and remains today, a MAME cab.

Followed that with purchase of a SSF2 dedicated big blue (serial #267), from a local arcade that was liquidating a lot of games at the time, but remains in business today.

Added a couple Donkey Kong's (one blue, then a red) to the mix.

Now, I'm on the seemingly endless hunt for a good deal on a candy cab. My buddy had a Capcom Q25 (which we didn't even know at the time what it really was other than a sweet Capcom candy...got it for $350 from an arcade in LA...about 8 years ago). That cab is long since gone, after the monitor died, it got dissected to try to fix (not by me), and well, hopefully it found a better home and a renewed life. That sparked my interest in candy cabs, and I am now at the point that I must have one for my collection. :P

Anyway, looking forward to being a part of these board. I'm also active on KLOV, Donkey Kong Forums, and occasionally Shoryuken.
tzakiel

Postby tzakiel » January 14th, 2017, 10:41 am

Hello all... getting a Blast City soon and in my research have definitely seen this is the best place to hang. Can't wait to talk shop.
XeD
eBay: Blood_pack
Initials: HVD

Postby XeD » January 16th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Hello hello,
I have been collecting for 2 years now and have a lot of projects on hand. 2 empty a back, 1 complete pole position (non workimg) and 3 partial cab, working neo geo, working neo mini, hang on converion, non working choplifter, one Blast City. You can say that I got hooked. Recently friends and I score 10 non working candies. This forum seem like the place to be for candies (you will hear a lot from us as we get them up and running). I figure I should stop lurking and join in on the fun
NeoRetro
eBay: Daveretrostuff
Initials: DAV

Postby NeoRetro » January 17th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Hi I'm Dave

Always loved gaming but began seriously collecting about 18 months ago. Collection growing every day but pride and joy is the 58 Neo Geo AES games.

Always looking to add to the collections and talk games.

Hello Everyone!
JuicyJ
eBay: Mrshplooga

Postby JuicyJ » January 18th, 2017, 2:13 am

hey Guys

Was told about this forum and how good the peeps are over here, just picked up a naomi universal and a namco exceleena that im restoring. im back and forth between consoles and arcades and very much regret selling my astro city a few years back. thanks
tomiii

Postby tomiii » January 18th, 2017, 7:45 am

Hi guys,

I am tomiii from Austria.
Play and collect retro games for some years now, but i am very new with Arcade Stuff.
Last Year i make my own Bartop with a Neo Geo MVS Board and Scanline generator.
But LCD is not the "real" ****, so i bough my first universal cab :)
vaughan14

Postby vaughan14 » January 23rd, 2017, 1:30 am

Hey guys, been collecting arcade stuff over a year now, I have a sega astro city, sega naomi universal and namco exceleena.

I mainly collect neo geo but have lots of other hardware too.
Doom
eBay: maccha.ice

Postby Doom » January 24th, 2017, 6:04 am

Greetings to all,

New member here. My name is Nori. I'm a Japanese American located in the US. I don't really collect for the sake of collecting but I do play anything Neo Geo generally.

Looking forward to being part of the Arcade Otaku community.
JAG555
eBay: Fishcoral

Postby JAG555 » January 25th, 2017, 11:37 pm

Hello,

My name is John and I live in the UK. I am a video game collector and I have just started to collect arcade machines. I currently have an Outrun original and a Sega Blast City. I am looking to add another candy at some point.

Many Thanks.

John
ShootTheCore
eBay: danielladner
Initials: dsl

Postby ShootTheCore » January 27th, 2017, 8:04 am

Greetings. I'm a long-time console collector just barely making the jump over to arcade titles. I recently purchased my first cab- a Cadash conversion inside a Dynamo cabinet with a K7000 series monitor. Current plan is to swap the current controls out for Sanwa equipment, add enough buttons to have six per player, and then start looking into the cart-based boards like Neo Geo, IGS, Taito F3, etc. Thanks for having me!

Cabinet Pic
https://goo.gl/photos/cCTkf5qHUkHAeddG8
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Postby Sumez » January 27th, 2017, 9:47 am

MVS and F3 are definitely a great way to start out, that's where I came from myself.

Cabinet looks really awesome too! I know most people here prefer the Japanese brands, but some of those really traditional woodys just have a special kind of atmosphere around them. The control panel looks like it will be difficult to fit six buttons into for each player, though. Maybe save the old one and create a new one entirely from a wood plate?
eproxy
eBay: eproxy

Postby eproxy » January 27th, 2017, 11:26 am

Michigan Arcade cab collector Hello everyone

In search of keys for Sega Ringwide and Ringedge MOBO if anyone has for sale feel free to pm
ShootTheCore

Postby ShootTheCore » January 27th, 2017, 7:31 pm

Sumez wrote:MVS and F3 are definitely a great way to start out, that's where I came from myself.

Cabinet looks really awesome too! I know most people here prefer the Japanese brands, but some of those really traditional woodys just have a special kind of atmosphere around them. The control panel looks like it will be difficult to fit six buttons into for each player, though. Maybe save the old one and create a new one entirely from a wood plate?
ShootTheCore

Postby ShootTheCore » January 27th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Sumez wrote:MVS and F3 are definitely a great way to start out, that's where I came from myself.

I've been thinking along the same lines - save the current panel and start fresh with a new panel that already has the buttons in the right places. I don't have much use for the two buttons to the left of the sticks on the current panel.

The current Dynamo control panel is metal and swings forward on a hinge when you release two latches from inside the cabinet. Where would I be able to order a new one like it? Googling isn't turning up anything.
EvilMike

Postby EvilMike » January 28th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Hi! Been in the hobby for a while. Currently have a Neo 29 and Egret II. Currently having an issue with the Egret. It was recommended that I join this forum.
ddd

Postby ddd » January 29th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Hi, new joiner here from London :)

Return to “Insert Coin”