Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
darrenwall
eBay: Darren-wall

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by darrenwall »

Daz from Grantham Lincs, looking to get back into finger blasting !

I've nearly finish my garage conversion and am looking for some goodies !
I have a sega Naomi cab, looking for hypersports/track n field, dels millions fruity and a nice jamma cab for some good finger blasting :)
8BiTw0LF
Initials: bit

Post by 8BiTw0LF »

Hello I'm a 32 year old gamer. Got alot machines, NES, Amiga CD32, X360, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U and soon a Sega New Astro City.

I've played games since I got my first console in 1988, a Atari XEGS which a little later got upgraded to the Nintendo Entertainment System - all my friends had it back in the days and is still my go-to console for nostalgia-gaming :P

This forum looks like the right place to be when my New Astro City arrives, so I can learn a little from all you hardcore arcaders ;)

Best regards

8BiT
I'm an arcade-padawan - teach me ur Jedi Mind Tricks
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Welcome new mt8ys. :)
darrenwall wrote: some good finger blasting :)
Well you've certainly come to the right place for that :hinthint:
rebel81
eBay: stadjer81
Initials: CHE

Post by rebel81 »

I'm from the Netherlands and I owner of a New Astro City. I live in the Netherlands with my wife who likes arcade puzzle and 2 cats.
andybgood
eBay: howiedog7

Post by andybgood »

Hello,

I'm Andy from the USA and am getting into arcade. I've owned multiple consoles and a MVS for a long time, but I want to eventually get a Blast City.
Tunos
eBay: Kupomogness

Post by Tunos »

Hello! I am John. I'm 31 and currently live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I have been going to arcades for the majority of my life. I have just finished my first restoration (Contra) and have just begun work on a Dynamo HS-5 CPS2 cabinet.
discotroll
eBay: hoodsmg

Post by discotroll »

Hi,
I am Sven from Germany and I look for deeper knowledge for my first cab. :)
msjb
Initials: MSB

Post by msjb »

G'Day from Melbourne Australia!

I'm Marc, I've been a gamer ever since I played my cousin's Atari 2600 way back in the very early 1980's!

Through the years I've been a lucky kid and owned -

Coleco:
ColecoVision

Nintendo:
NES (Deluxe Set), SNES, N64, WiiU, DS & 3DS

SEGA (personal favourite):
Master System, Mega Drive, MultiMega, Saturn, Dreamcast

Microsoft:
XBox Original

SONY:
PS3, PS4 and Vita

Unfortunately, 80% I've sold or traded in for new machines.

Recently, I re-collected my favourite SEGA Master System, Mega Drive and Mega CD games; to bring me back to those childhood memories!

Recommend the Framemeister if you want pixel perfect images (especially for SEGA machines) of retro consoles on your HD plasma/LED TV's of today!

My all time favourite video game is SEGA's Space Harrier. Notable favourites are: Dragon Breed, R-Type series, Truxton series, Golden Axe series, Ghouls n' Ghosts... list just goes on and on!

Great to join the forum! :-)
enkonsierto
eBay: enkonsierto

Post by enkonsierto »

Hello, I'm Carlos from Spain.

I collect almost everything old systems, but the arcade pcb are the system I love more.

Greetings.
xc7621

Post by xc7621 »

Hello, I am Nick from Auckland NZ.

I own a blast city cab with MV1FZ and Atomiswave board.

I am seeking help for my MVS control issue.

Last weekend I hooked up my Raspberry Pi to the Blast City and it works well.

It's a bit tricky to do so if anyone had question about this I am happy to help.
CEOverlord

Post by CEOverlord »

Howdy! I'm Matt from the USA, been an avid arcade fan my whole life.

I registered here at Arcade Otaku, because I'm going to take a crack at building a Supergun. I always thought I would own at least one cab by now, but I can't seem to escape being a renter and tend to move around a bit. Hence, Supergun.

Building a Supergun myself should be a fun project for me. I'm looking forward to getting down on some Atomiswave, ST-V, CPS2 and whatever JAMMA PCBs I can dig up! I already own a Consolized MVS and a multi-cart. The NeoGeo is one of my fave systems and takes the lion's share of my arcade gaming memories.

I'm also a big fan of shooters and beat-em-ups. RPGs and platformers of the 8, 16 and 32 bit era are also big wins with me.
Bazz
Please Continue...

Post by Bazz »

Hi,

I'm based in Fairfax, VA and currently trying to import a viewlix clone from china ;)

It's an interesting adventure so far and I'm getting closer to the end and came here to seek some advise.
Newkid3
eBay: Classicman3
Initials: Kga

Post by Newkid3 »

Hello all. I am new to the site. I grew up in arcades. Love working on them now. It seems every game is a new adventure. I hope to help the community some after i get more experience. I also hope to get some help in those sticky situations. I am from the united states. Live in kentucky.
vectrex

Post by vectrex »

Thomas here from Austria ... allways interested in Arcade and Console since decades ;) ;)
DIREKTOR
eBay: leighboucher

Post by DIREKTOR »

Hi my name is Leigh

I'm from Australia and only recently brought my first arcade machine but Im a long time console player. Always intended to build my own but I got a great deal on a genuine Taito Vewlix so I have a great starting point. PS360+ are surprisingly easy to get in Australia (given they seem to be sold out worldwide) so I'm headed down that path to connect up some of my consoles. Might get to MAME and emulators down the track but I love original hardware/software and I have spent years building my collection so that will be my focus.

Hope to learn from some of the great minds on this forum along the way !

Cheers
Leigh
opo55um

Post by opo55um »

hello,
my name is steven and im from germany. i was playing some arcade games as a little kid. i allways want a original candy cab, now is the right time to get some.
im here to find information about candy cabs and maybee some arcade parts that i need :)
sidstyler

Post by sidstyler »

Hi!

Stefan from Sweden.

I gotta be honest and say I'm not very well experienced when it comes to arcade related stuff. Though I have an ongoing project to get a nice arcade machine to my workplace and I'm trying to get information about basic stuff for that. Se you all in the threads!
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

sidstyler wrote:Hi!

Stefan from Sweden.

I gotta be honest and say I'm not very well experienced when it comes to arcade related stuff. Though I have an ongoing project to get a nice arcade machine to my workplace and I'm trying to get information about basic stuff for that. Se you all in the threads!
Welcome.. :) Have you found arkadtorget.se yet?
Up the Irons!
Slump
eBay: el_lilo

Post by Slump »

Hello, I am Slump from France !

I bought my first cab earlier this year to Rklok, a capcom cute.
I have since a few weeks a namco Consolette 18".

And then ... who knows ? :D
DNSDies
eBay: DNSDies1983
Initials: DJM

Post by DNSDies »

Hi, I'm new here.

Joined because I'm getting into arcade stuff and want to be a part of that community. I'm in the process of building my first supergun, and already own a Neo Geo MVS and some CPS2 stuff.

I'm very self-taught when it comes to stuff, but I've learned how to solder, build electronics, and even design PCBs in Eagle.

I've been into video games since Atari 2600, and still own a lot of my old stuff.
You can see some of my collection here:
http://imgur.com/a/lXxyq