Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
joimes
Please Continue...

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by joimes »

Hello all im Jimmy,

Im from the north east and totally new to the forum. Been a big gamer most of my life and just started to collect some cabs. Busy working on a Astro city i got from Ronnie at Rklok at the moment but ready for the next one.

Cheers.
Janecorec
Please Continue...

Post by Janecorec »

Hi all!

I'm from Finland. Recently bought a used Xiongba KT003 pretty cheap. The company I bought it from said it didn't work so I was mainly planning on gutting it and using it for MAME/Hyperspin.
But when I cleaned it up a bit and seated all connectors properly it worked fine. So the plan changed to installing bothe MAME and using the original PCB.

I'm a audio/recording engineer with my own studio and do a lot of other media stuff too.

Love this site...I have learned a lot about candy cabs by lurking here for a couple of weeks!
lesoleil70
Please Continue...

Post by lesoleil70 »

Hi - I'm Dean from Porthcawl. I may know some of you from some other forums, I can already see some familiar usernames - HI !

I got into the hobby with my first cab arriving about 18 months ago. #10 arrives shortly. This is addictive....
I've been meaning to sign up for ages, this place looks great.

Inventory so far
Berzerk (Stern)
Space Invaders (Midway)
DKJR (ENV GERMANY)
Dodgem (Zaccaria)
Quasar (Zaccaria)
Galaxian cocktail (Taito)
Space Panic cocktail (Universal)
Jamma cab - Challenger Two (Adelphi Coin)
Ardend
Please Continue...

Post by Ardend »

Hi! My name is Mike and I have been a moderate arcade enthusiast for years. Just recently acquired a Sega Lindbergh cab and am looking to ask the experts about it. I need to get it ready to play some of the 30 or so Jamma boards I have and it seems this is the place to be!
zipper
eBay: bazpatts
Initials: BAZ

Post by zipper »

Hi,
I'm Barry in Southend, Essex, Uk. I've recently purchased my first Japanese candy cabinet (a NAS) and thought I'd introduce myself here and give my background.
In the 90s I was an arcade and Super Famicom fan - especially the Capcom arcade/conversions of SF2, Final Fight, GnG etc. I still have all the games SF carts. I still get down Southend Seafront (and Astro City) to play some classics with my kids.
At university in Portsmouth ~1999 I built a jamma supergun as a bit of a personal project and bought a few boards (from a nearby guy at Swallow Amusements) - WWF Superstars, Green Beret and Hyper Sports (and knocked some jamma adapters together).
In 2001 I bought myself a gutted 'Supreme Video' generic cab on ebay for about £40 (it had £5 in the coinbox when I picked it up :) ). The monitor didn't work at all, and there was no loom. The cabinet woodwork was in great shape though. I rang up Hantarex in the Uk and asked them what monitors they had - I was sold a new 19" polo 2 svga open frame monitor which I dropped straight in. Since then, I've been running a little htpc in it with mala + mame + an ipac. It looks really nice with scanlines enabled.
Now, ~15 years later, I've bought a New Astro (1l6b) and should hopefully be getting it soon. I love the look and feel of the sitdown candy cabs and am looking forward to learning more about them from the people on this forum.
dipindods
Please Continue...
Initials: har

Post by dipindods »

whats up guys
im harry from long island ny been collecting and restoring cabinets for 4 yrs now. i have 3 blast city cabs that i love to death as well as a neo big red capcom big blue and 4 others and a pinball. been playn games since my motor skills allowed me :)
Popeye64
Please Continue...

Post by Popeye64 »

Hi All

I'm from Essex. Been playing arcade games and consoles since the 80s. I have a console collection (mostly Nintendo), but looking enviously at the arcade side of things. Looking to gain information, learn from people's stories to begin with.
pablumatic
Please Continue...

Post by pablumatic »

Been an arcade addict since I learned to walk in the late 70s. Looking to strike up some bargains in the marketplace soon.
jfs9999
Please Continue...

Post by jfs9999 »

Hello there!

Old member but lost my account cause non activity :lol: . I'm in the "arcade" since 15 years now.

I will try to go often on this forum.

Thank you everyone.
Finger
eBay: aostar25

Post by Finger »

Hi there,

New comer from France. Owning an Astro City and more or less a beginner in the arcade world.

Thanks for the great help provided by the forum.

Cheers!
PD4U
Please Continue...

Post by PD4U »

Hi I'm Pete. New to all this arcade stuff. Looking forward to meeting some new friends.
texaspowtapa
Please Continue...
Initials: TXS

Post by texaspowtapa »

Hello guys, i'm Brazilian and barely know how write in English so i will not make a big introduction here :shifty:

i do not own any cabs yet, but is a dream to get one, here i already have learned a lot about this hobby and have enjoyed so much

thanks
MK36
Please Continue...

Post by MK36 »

Hi everyone ,
After wondering why I can't see the marketplace when I log in I decided to read the rules :)
Being a complete simpleton with all things electrical I really should stick to my console collection and avoid anything arcade related but the lure is too strong, recently picked up a supergun and a few boards and now would love to get a nice candy cab,
sand
Please Continue...
Initials: SAN

Post by sand »

Hey guys! My name is Björn and I live in Sweden. I have been collecting arcade games since 2004. I probably met some of you when I visited Insert Coin in Northamton back in -09 :)
I like Shmups, Music Games and Pinball.
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Welcome guys!

Stay a while, stay forever :awe:
DToscano
Please Continue...

Post by DToscano »

Hi here,
My names Danny
I've just bought a virtua striker 2 machine to convert to a mame machine and having a heck of a time with the monitor..arghhhh.
Eventually it will work haha
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

DToscano wrote:Hi here,
My names Danny
I've just bought a virtua striker 2 machine to convert to a mame machine and having a heck of a time with the monitor..arghhhh.
Eventually it will work haha
There there, it’ll be okay.
8bitmonk
Please Continue...

Post by 8bitmonk »

Hi my name is 8Bit and it's been 2 weeks since my last confession. Today I purchased an Atomiswave SD cab.
kthemall
Please Continue...

Post by kthemall »

hi i´m Tom, arcade is a hobby.

have two cabinets (tab magnum, tab challenger) and a lot of pcbs (hammerin harry, bubble bobble, .......)

looking for bonze adventure.
frazer99
Please Continue...

Post by frazer99 »

Hi Folks, here's my intro, first post and all that. I'm in the UK and collector of various retro consoles, mainly neo-geo and other stuff like FM towns Marty, PC Engine etc. I've owned an Neo MVS cab for a while but really fancy a Sega Astro City or New Astro City so thought this would be a good place to start.