Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by kernow » April 29th, 2012, 7:21 pm

wataru330 wrote:Hi all,

I'm fairly active @ neo-geo.com
Oh well, we all have our faults. :awe:
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee

geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow » May 1st, 2012, 10:08 am

Hi there,

My name is George and I my first game that i owned was a g&w popeye that i got for my 7th brithday. My first video game i played was pac man on a atari 2600. Actually the first arcade game i played was the Scramble in Greece in summer 1981. Since then I am hooked up with all kinds of videogames. For home systems I am a pce and md collector and I have some games for other systems as well. A good thing was in the 90ties that we had many arcades in switzerland but after a national referendum all "play saloon" were closed.

just one month ago I decided to enjoy some of the old games i liked so much and bought an SNK candy 18 for a good price.

Good gaming. :)

Xeno

Post by Xeno » May 1st, 2012, 12:42 pm

Hi,

Registered here for the info on JAMMA cabinets, been thinking about getting maybe New astro city or Egret II.

mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello » May 1st, 2012, 1:54 pm

Hello new folks on the best Candy Cab site of the whole universe! :awe:

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig » May 1st, 2012, 1:58 pm

geosnow wrote:A good thing was in the 90ties that we had many arcades in switzerland but after a national referendum all "play saloon" were closed.
possibely the dumbest referendum i've ever heard of ,apart form all the others :palm:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"

wataru330
Initials: WT3

Post by wataru330 » May 1st, 2012, 5:49 pm

IDCHAPPY wrote:
wataru330 wrote:Hi all,

I'm fairly active @ neo-geo.com, seen occasionally @ shmups, and joined AO as I'll soon be a proud Windy II owner!

Looking forward to seeing old friends (Hi Kern!) and making new ones.
JJJJJJJiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :awe: . Hope that container reaches you guys safe and sound buddy :thumbup:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn! Rad! I didn't know you were here too! Man, the container is late. :palm: it was due in May, and I'm moving xcountry in June. I'm right snookered about now. Great to see you, tho!
kernow wrote: :awe:
:D

Would you come back if I started a sk8ing thread? I just picked up some nice shape OJ Teamriders @ a yard sale for 2 usd. 64mm, 95A... :thumbup: :thumbup:

kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Post by kernow » May 1st, 2012, 6:36 pm

Not really, I'm frankly embarassed I spent ten years on there. A complete cesspool.
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee

wataru330
Initials: WT3

Post by wataru330 » May 1st, 2012, 7:13 pm

Fair enough, m'man. Glad to see you again at any rate.
*goes back to reading AO wiki*

IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY » May 1st, 2012, 8:09 pm

wataru330 wrote:Fair enough, m'man. Glad to see you again at any rate.
*goes back to reading AO wiki*
Kern loves neo really ;) , great to have you on board buddy and i got my fingers crossed your cab reaches you safe and sound :mrgreen:

owlnonymous

Post by owlnonymous » May 1st, 2012, 10:20 pm

Hey Guys!

I'm new to this forum, but not new to arcade games. I started off with Fish Tales pinball game about nine years ago, and then a ms. pac-man about four years ago. Since then have cycled out half a dozen arcade games and a few pinball games, and eventually ended out landing my dream cabinet, a Japanese Naomi Universal. My friend Rat had this cabinet setup with GroovyMAME running Hyperspin. After playing a few fighters and classic I was out on the hunt for a similar setup. I found the cab at a local arcade, loaded with Virtual Tennis. It took about a year of pestering but they eventually sold me the cabinet. I removed the naomi and a badly rigged security system from the machine, but kept the wiring harness installed in the cab. I printed new art from GameOnGrafix. Installed new locks, used a 2L12B lizard lick CP, padhacked two xbox controllers, and fitted teh controls with Sanwa parts. I'm not sure how purest you guys are for what your running in your cab, but I'm mostly into pinball games, so a nice install of MAME is perfect for what I wanted. I'm running a Core 2 Duo processor with a 2 gig hard drive, 4 gig of ram, Windows 7 x64, and the latest GroovyMAME with a tricked out Hyperspin that can run Laser Disc, Mame, Naomi and Type X from one favorites list. The cab is setup for horizontal games, and I have a NEC MULTISYNC XM29 PLUS that I shoot out vert games too for SHMUPS. Ideally I would like another Naomi or Net City, but for now this will do.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY » May 3rd, 2012, 7:20 pm

Nice intro and cab buddy :) , welcome to the site.

zombie26

Post by zombie26 » May 5th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Hi Guys,
Nas here, into all things arcade related, stayed in Tokyo for a while a few years ago whilst importing Japanese Sports cars and got interested in the Candy Cabinets than the regular Wooden stuff...lol, Got a Videomaster Cabinet which I've been somewhat restoring restoring for a while now but really need to upgrade to a more contemporary style Cab ,Poss an Egret 2 or a Sega net city something nice..hence thought i'd join up....

So anyway hi all and nice to meet you. :)

Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie » May 5th, 2012, 11:17 pm

Welcome aboard :awe:

jchrisk

Post by jchrisk » May 6th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Hi there,
my Name is Chris and i started my Video Game Experience around 20 years ago with a Sega Master System II. Over the years i enjoyed all the Sonic and Sega Games a lot but missed some console generations as i was concentrating myself on the pc Gaming section. A few years ago i started again collecting, playing and maintaining most of the great Consoles from Sega and Nintendo. Well thats it for the moment from my side.

Regards
Chris

frsj8112
eBay: frsj8112

Post by frsj8112 » May 8th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Hi there guys!

I'm a game "collecting" nerd with a soft spot for NES, Famicom, Arcades and Pinball.
Currently I have in my posession:
Terminator 2 Pinball
Bram Stoker's Dracula Pinball

Capcom Impress with some arcade games, CPS2 and other jamma's

//Fredric

blackie63
eBay: grimes

Post by blackie63 » May 9th, 2012, 12:32 pm

hi to all found this place on another place , like my games have a operation thunderbolt dedicated cab needs tlc,winfall jamma,leisure 2000 jamma and assorted gaming bits and pieces love it all worked for atari console divsion in early 80`s and been addicted ever since thinking about one of the lovely cabs from here in time just need to know what im looking for and the options :mrgreen:
people jumping on the band wagon to slate someone how incredibly original ;0)

IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY » May 9th, 2012, 3:31 pm

blackie63 wrote:hi to all found this place on another place , like my games have a operation thunderbolt dedicated cab needs tlc,winfall jamma,leisure 2000 jamma and assorted gaming bits and pieces love it all worked for atari console divsion in early 80`s and been addicted ever since thinking about one of the lovely cabs from here in time just need to know what im looking for and the options :mrgreen:
Funny seeing you here :awe: , the wiki has tons of info about the candy cabs buddy, have a good read and welcome to the site :)

blackie63
eBay: grimes

Post by blackie63 » May 10th, 2012, 11:23 am

IDCHAPPY wrote:
blackie63 wrote:hi to all found this place on another place , like my games have a operation thunderbolt dedicated cab needs tlc,winfall jamma,leisure 2000 jamma and assorted gaming bits and pieces love it all worked for atari console divsion in early 80`s and been addicted ever since thinking about one of the lovely cabs from here in time just need to know what im looking for and the options :mrgreen:
Funny seeing you here :awe: , the wiki has tons of info about the candy cabs buddy, have a good read and welcome to the site :)
is there a site your not on ? :lol: thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:
people jumping on the band wagon to slate someone how incredibly original ;0)

IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY » May 10th, 2012, 12:18 pm

blackie63 wrote:
IDCHAPPY wrote:
is there a site your not on ? :lol: thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:
:think: no, i iz everywhere :lol:

pc18

Post by pc18 » May 10th, 2012, 12:36 pm

hi im new from jamma+.

i saw a link on jamma+ so i thought i would sign up on here.

im still new to this but so far i own a mk2 and konami gti club cab and just a couple of boards.