Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
link187

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by link187 »

Hi, i'm Saj.

I was an arcade addict during the 80's, my faves were the old Sega games like shinobi and Golden Axe.. I lived and played through the streetfighter 2 and mortal kombat days and love Outrun and power drift...I'd love to own a sit down Power Drift some day!!
Wanda

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Wanda »

Hi. I am mostly a console/computer enthusiast, but occasionally i also play and buy some arcade stuff. I will put up a few things for sale eventually, and i hope to find many interesting topics in this forum! 8-)
User avatar
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
Posts: 2022
Joined: July 25th, 2009, 1:05 pm
Location: West Yorks, UK
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Wanda wrote:Hi. I am mostly a console/computer enthusiast, but occasionally i also play and buy some arcade stuff. I will put up a few things for sale eventually, and i hope to find many interesting topics in this forum! 8-)
Are you a fish?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lolno:

Sorry!

Welcome.

Cheers,

Ralph.
Image
chikenspring

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by chikenspring »

Hi my name is Singh. I recently purchased a Neo Geo AES after spending a lot of years wanting one. I am a game, comic book nerd and vinyl collector, be it vinyl music or vinyl toys. Hi everybody!
User avatar
meyerli
Posts: 135
Joined: February 28th, 2012, 4:06 am
Location: Lakeside, Switzerland
eBay: meyerli0
Initials: MAN

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by meyerli »

Hi all,

My name is Manuel and I'm living in Switzerland. For the past few years I've concentrated my playing on Wii and XBOX360 (don't hit me!), until I've found my old love, the arcade playing, again last year. Since then I bought a Time Crisis (dedicated), a Sega Aero City and a Taito Egret 2.

Soon I need a bigger appartment...

Regards
durten
Posts: 2
Joined: March 1st, 2012, 12:38 pm
Location: swedan

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by durten »

hello everyone my name is anders karlsson and I come in from Sweden I collect arcarde games and TV games
User avatar
turntablism
Posts: 279
Joined: June 11th, 2010, 8:11 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by turntablism »

hi meyerli, cool bisch au da
http://www.yodel-arcade.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fanaticcism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
mastercello
Posts: 793
Joined: August 18th, 2008, 11:42 am
Location: Lucerne, Switzerland
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by mastercello »

So fertig jetzt met Schwizertütsch... :awe:
User avatar
meyerli
Posts: 135
Joined: February 28th, 2012, 4:06 am
Location: Lakeside, Switzerland
eBay: meyerli0
Initials: MAN

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by meyerli »

Hi fellows :thumbup:
User avatar
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
Posts: 2022
Joined: July 25th, 2009, 1:05 pm
Location: West Yorks, UK
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by AeroCityMayor »

meyerli wrote:Hi all,

My name is Manuel and I'm living in Switzerland. For the past few years I've concentrated my playing on Wii and XBOX360 (don't hit me!), until I've found my old love, the arcade playing, again last year. Since then I bought a Time Crisis (dedicated), a Sega Aero City and a Taito Egret 2.

Soon I need a bigger appartment...

Regards
I have a few Aero's myself matey and I know about needing the new apartment thing ;)

Welcome.

Cheers,

Ralph.
Image
User avatar
meyerli
Posts: 135
Joined: February 28th, 2012, 4:06 am
Location: Lakeside, Switzerland
eBay: meyerli0
Initials: MAN

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by meyerli »

alienmame wrote:I have a few Aero's myself matey and I know about needing the new apartment thing ;)

Welcome.

Cheers,

Ralph.
I guess many of the board members know such a problem :D
At least my wife allowed me already my own toy room in our next appartment 8-)

Thanks for your welcome.
footmeetsskull
Posts: 20
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 2:26 am
Location: Waukesha,WI
Initials: MJS

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by footmeetsskull »

Hello everyone! I'm footmeetsskull and am the proud owner of a Kraylix and just recently purchased a Blast City.
User avatar
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Posts: 9580
Joined: August 19th, 2008, 8:58 am
Location:

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by pubjoe »

cowise wrote:
Korszca wrote: I wouldn't go the coinopexpress route for your first cab (or any cab, really). Though yes, you will find stories here of positive cab buying experiences (of new cabs) from coinop, I'm willing to bet that the older cabs will be much more of a headache than anything.
If you want to go the shop route, give Ken @ thegameroom an email. I got my Blast from him and he's located in the US.
You and I are in the same general buying area, and I can tell you that candy cabs do come around more often than you'd think, though admittedly less often than the west coast. Are you absolutely set on a Blast or would something else (like an Astro or a Pony or an AWSD) be good? The broader your horizons, the quicker your cab will appear :awe:
The CPS1 multi will work with a 6-in-1 switcher. But jammaboards says that the CPS1 multi is out of stock (I can, however, recommend Tim. He's good people.)
Thank you for the quick response! I was only going with coinopexpress because they were the first place that I found with one in stock who actually took the time to answer my questions via e-mail. Are their cabinets usually rundown and troublesome? I think I'll end up avoiding them at this point, in that case.

I'm definitely not sold on the Blast City (My only real requirements are 6 buttons, 2 players, rotatable monitor and a tri-sync monitor) and I like the looks of just about any Candy Cab I've seen. I'll shoot Ken a message and see if he can help me out with locating one! I'm not sold on going the store route, it just seemed the easiest way to pick up a cab.
Korszca wrote:The coinop ones will certainly be dirty, perhaps a little more damaged than you'd prefer. Monitors basically unknown, expect to not get any working joysticks, buttons, etc.
Now to be fair, Ken's cabs will need a cleaning, but he's good at letting you know exactly what you're getting.
If you're looking for 6 buttons, trisync/rotatable, then you're looking for a Blast, E3, AWSD, Windy II, or (New) Net City.

Though this would be better for a new thread. So if you have any more questions, either shoot me a PM or open up a new topic.
Definitely start a new thread on it cowise. There are different opinions of coinopexpress. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, but they're the one place that can ship you the cab you want so that's got to be worth at least something. All their cabinets can't be terrible (?!). I'm sure I remember someone saying they had a good experience buying from them but they made sure they questioned coinopexpress thoroughly on every aspect of the machine and delivery - requesting the part number of the monitor and photos of burn-in etc, and if they don't reply, don't buy.

Unless you're buying from an anal rententive collector, most cabinets are a bit dirty and ****. You can easily and cheaply clean it up a bit and replace joysticks if necassary, but the monitor is usually the main deciding factor ...and a lot of the time (such as with group orders), buyers rarely have the luxury of knowing anything about their purchase.

korszca's not wrong in his recommendation. But I think it's worth a bit of investigation into the specific cabinet they're selling, and starting a thread to learn how to deal with them if you do.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian
Posts: 2259
Joined: March 2nd, 2010, 2:14 am
Location:

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Korszca »

pubjoe wrote:Definitely start a new thread on it cowise. There are different opinions of coinopexpress. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, but they're the one place that can ship you the cab you want so that's got to be worth at least something. All their cabinets can't be terrible (?!). I'm sure I remember someone saying they had a good experience buying from them but they made sure they questioned coinopexpress thoroughly on every aspect of the machine and delivery - requesting the part number of the monitor and photos of burn-in etc, and if they don't reply, don't buy.

Unless you're buying from an anal rententive collector, most cabinets are a bit dirty and ****. You can easily and cheaply clean it up a bit and replace joysticks if necassary, but the monitor is usually the main deciding factor ...and a lot of the time (such as with group orders), buyers rarely have the luxury of knowing anything about their purchase.

korszca's not wrong in his recommendation. But I think it's worth a bit of investigation into the specific cabinet they're selling, and starting a thread to learn how to deal with them if you do.
This was long taken care of :awe:
User avatar
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Posts: 9580
Joined: August 19th, 2008, 8:58 am
Location:

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by pubjoe »

Ah good. :awe:
User avatar
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
Posts: 1282
Joined: October 13th, 2010, 10:37 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by KmanSweden »

durten wrote:hello everyone my name is anders karlsson and I come in from Sweden I collect arcarde games and TV games
:wave:
Up the Irons!
dunpeal2064
Posts: 4
Joined: March 3rd, 2012, 8:42 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Initials: CRW

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Hello!

I've been getting more and more into arcade games lately, especially shoot 'em ups, and recently decided to sell off the tons of console games I had to get a nice Candy Cab and a pcb or 2 to go in it. I'm still in the market, may have one tied down, but I figured this would be a good time to join here.

I look forward to meeting you all and lurking around here for all the information on candy cabs and arcade gear that I can soak up.
CatHair
Posts: 1
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 6:20 am
Location: Sweden
eBay: red_xvii
Initials: DEH

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by CatHair »

Hello! Daniel here from sweden! Also known as Reddukun from arkadtorget.se
captainz

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by captainz »

Hello everyone, this is Mike from California and I'm like the wiley fish in the barrel..
I'm here for knowledge that might be shared with me ...and I'm here for all the lady's
ghostchant

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ghostchant »

Hi all, I'm Ronan from Ireland. Big fan and collector of retro games and consoles, as well as modern handheld consoles and bullet-hell shooters. Over the last while the need to own a candy cab has been creeping up on me, hence my joining here. A decision myself and my bank balance may come to regret.
Post Reply