Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Nekkes
Please Continue...
eBay: Nickspie_1

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Nekkes »

Hi all.
My name is Nick and I'm big into retro stuff. It all began after moving houses and finding my childhood NES. I thought about how to best hook it up, and this started the chase down the rabbit hole. 6 years into it and a house full of awesome CRTs and consoles I'm taking the next step into the world of wonderful arcade.

Thanks, and looking forward to all the wisdom to be found here.
Rikrok
Please Continue...
eBay: rick12321
Initials: AL

Post by Rikrok »

Hi all,

I'm from London but am living in Los Angeles. I've got a decent console collection hooked up to a B&O CRT. I'm currently in the process of converting a Time Crisis 1 gun and pedal to work with PlayStation, PS2, Saturn, Dreamcast and Xbox (with some circuitry to only fire the solenoid when you're aiming at the screen and have bullets in the chamber). I would love to own Time Crisis and House of the Dead machines though I don't have the space for them. Instead I hope to find boards of them (I realise they'll be trickier to hook up as they're not JAMMA, but one step at a time). My first step is to find a tri sync monitor as HOTD is EGA and TC is VGA. I placed an order for one of those Makvision 27/29 inch monitors but later got an email saying I had missed the boat, probably forever. I still hope to find one, or if not a Wells Gardner (or Nanao or Sanwa tri sync, but they seem rarer), though I am a little worried when I read people talking about their reliability, hence the appeal of a new monitor.

Once I have a monitor and supergun (I've been looking at the Axun CBOX) I'd also like to get some other boards, namely SF2 Champion Edition and the first Mortal Kombat.

Thanks, and I look forward to this new rabbit hole!
raiderfan
Please Continue...
eBay: Cassanovabrown21

Post by raiderfan »

Hello
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Alright Lionel?
Cohge
eBay: rafvitrior0
Initials: COH

Post by Cohge »

Hello all.
LinkArcadeotaku
Banned
eBay: w45050

Post by LinkArcadeotaku »

Hello, I am from china,I love arcade games
markjduk
Please Continue...
eBay: markjd_uk
Initials: MJD

Post by markjduk »

Hi all

I am an arcade collector from the UK. I have 6 cabs and hundreds of pcbs although I am gradually thinning these down. Current cab line up includes Defender, Donkey Kong JR, Popeye, Space Invaders II, Continental Circus all original and a generic Jamma Cab.
nawafsama
eBay: naaln2

Post by nawafsama »

Hello ! My name is Nawaf - Public IG handle ‘nawafsama’ - from Dubai.

Hope you’re all doin well ! I started my journey to collect
cabs, i currently own two Viewlix F, Crazy Taxi and got a Blast City on the way. Looking forward to explore and learn more through you guys in this forum !
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Welcome all!!

I’m quite new myself and I’ve been made to feel very welcome. You’ll find loads of knowledgable people here and a ton of interesting threads.

Make yourselves at home :D
Frequensie
Please Continue...
eBay: iarei63
Initials: XIN

Post by Frequensie »

Greetings; based out of San Francisco and just getting into proper cabinets now. Lived in Japan for a number of years and arcades were always a favourite spot of mine, so it's great to be able to have that at home.
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Frequensie wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:20 pm Greetings; based out of San Francisco and just getting into proper cabinets now. Lived in Japan for a number of years and arcades were always a favourite spot of mine, so it's great to be able to have that at home.
Welcome!.. Its a great community here, we look forward to hearing from you, and seeing what goodies you got from Japan!.
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
nivlat
Please Continue...
eBay: alvinjgii
Initials: niv

Post by nivlat »

Hello all!!
ArcadeFan2021
eBay: ArcadeFan2021
Initials: CAL

Hello there!

Post by ArcadeFan2021 »

I'm living in Tokyo at this moment and I own two candy cabs. I have a Vewlix and a Lindbergh. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all about arcade gaming. Let's have a blast! :awe:
Proud owner of a Sega Lindbergh and a Taito Vewlix.
her0oftim3
eBay: mastalinkm1
Initials: MGM

Post by her0oftim3 »

Currently stationed in South Korea, just recently bought a vewlix cab and am ready to kit it out!!
hamsolo
Please Continue...
eBay: jon-xs
Initials: JON

Post by hamsolo »

Located in Grimsby UK, own an Astro City Candy Cab that I would love to get working again, look forward to chatting to you all.

waka waka
RossMoffatBJJ
Please Continue...
eBay: battojutsu
Initials: BAT

Post by RossMoffatBJJ »

Currently living in south Yorkshire and looking to purchase my first candy cab. Been into to arcade gaming since my youth and in this era of modern gaming I've lost interest but never in the classics.
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Welcome folks... :thumbupright:
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
jasonm737
eBay: jasonmuir000
Initials: JAS

Post by jasonm737 »

Hi all,

Saying Hi. Just joined here. I've been a member of ukvac (UK video arcade machine collectors forum) for a few years but never joined here so figured it was about time. I'm in Scotland and have a few things in my line-up just now but I'll start with stuff that has gone but still regret selling...

previous stuff I wish I still had - After Burner, Rave Racer, Baby Pacman, Time Crisis 1.

Current lineup...
Games: Daytona 2, Aim For Cash (Point Blank), Outrun, Turbo Outrun, Scud Race, Midnight Maximum Tune 3, Old Taito Cocktail
Incoming: House of the Dead, Virtua Cop2, Virtua Cop3, Cruis'n World
Pins: Addams Family, Junkyard, Mandalorian, No Good Gofers, Scared Stiff, The Getaway.

Stuff I want: Daytona 1, Sega Rally, APB, Chase HQ, Roadblasters and possibly a Point Blank 3 pcb to switch into my Aim for Cash cab.

So erm, Hi all :)
GameOn
eBay: sena-2686

Post by GameOn »

Hi im From Manila Philippines

Fan of arcade since elementary days from table tops to retro consoles and in Arcade since 90's

Manage to collect some arcade hardware and being able to sell some of it from oter forum or groups

Hope to meet more people here new and old

Thanks Arcade Otaku
Leeloo
Please Continue...
eBay: leedemo29
Initials: LEZ

Post by Leeloo »

Did they arcade thing 10 years ago and now trying to get back in by selling some stuff. Live in Sweden and is a pro wrestler when I'm not working.