Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
mongo116
Please Continue...
Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by mongo116 »

Hi,

Only recently got into this hobby, and have so far only bought one cabinet (Electrocoin Xenon) which I am in the process of cleaning and fixing up. Looking to buy a candy cab now as I have always wanted one and I reckon I can sneak it into the front room.

Cheers

Stu
Fudoh
Please Continue...

Post by Fudoh »

Hey guys,

after committing to video game tech for ages now, it's finally time to dive into arcade hardware. Quite a few users here sound familiar and I probably know several members from other sites like the shmups forum, through my website http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/" or just by emailing for many years now. I'm very much looking forward to my first arcade experience!

Fudoh
Cupp
Please Continue...

Post by Cupp »

Hello Fudoh :awe:
You website is awesome. You review of XRGB-Mini was super useful!
NotSoJDM
Please Continue...

Post by NotSoJDM »

Hey All!

Joining in from NC, USA. I recently attended my first arcade auction where I picked up a Ver. 1 Initial D Twin Arcade cabinet. I am new to this hobby, but have been looking for as much information as possible to get to better know my cabinets. I also have a Ver. 3 Initial D Twin cabinet, which after doing more research, looks like it is actually a frankenstein on a Ver. 1 cabinet with Ver. 2 plastics, and Ver. 3 software.

Looking forward to asking some newb questions here to get myself acclamated with the Naomi platform!

- Jordan
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Hi all

I'm pretty new in arcade and it's all mastercellos "fault" that i started with this new hobby. Saw his incredible youtube videos and could also visit his crazy man cave, called office :D . So i also needed an Egret 2 and unfortunately Cave games are the ones i love. In my youth i mostly played arcade games and didn't touch any pinball machines. But pinball is now my main hobby. I own 3 pinball machines (AC/DC, Attack from Mars and a Creature from the black lagoon). Also like to restore those machines as you can see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXA0xnl0mls"

now my Egret 2 needs a wellness health
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30080"
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

posted wrong youtube link. The crazy collection of mastercello :P.
Restoration can be seen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8dfH-MZKUs"
alamiu
Please Continue...

Post by alamiu »

Hi all!
I am into older arcade games, mostly shooters.
Cheers
xDanx
Please Continue...

Post by xDanx »

Hi guys

My names dan and i just love arcade games. i have sticks for various consoles but ive joined here with the hope of actually owning a candy cab. that's the plan anyways! haha

i also collect gamecube games and going for a full pal set.
Yoshi
eBay: yossydesune

Post by Yoshi »

Hello. After waiting patiently for a candy cab to become available within reasonable driving distance, I finally have the opportunity to acquire a Sega Blast City. I'm the southeast US, so most of those that go up for sale are ~3000 miles west of me. If all goes well, I'll finally be an owner instead of an envy-er.
pir0
Please Continue...
Initials: JGN

Post by pir0 »

Hi, 26 year old IT guy from Sweden, working and living in Malta, here.

Had nothing to do one day so I walked in to my boss office and said that an arcade machine sounds like a cool idea, he agreed and now I´m no longer the "it-guy" at the office but the "arcade-manager".
mrjamma
Please Continue...

Post by mrjamma »

Hi all,
Im from Sydney Australia. Owned a few cabinets over the last 15 years, namely the Astro City series. I'm not an operator, I am just a home user who enjoys the feel of real arcade hardware. Thought I'd join up and have a read around, being we all share the same interest. See you around!
Coaxmetal77
Please Continue...
eBay: motw_ftw

Post by Coaxmetal77 »

Hey,

I had an account here earlier, guess it got deleted since I'm more of a lurker, but I've used AO to buy some stuff in the past, such as Out Zone and Sunset Riders from Rosco (still enjoying the hell out of Out Zone :awe:).

Anyways, good to be back.
balladof32
Please Continue...
eBay: j-e-d-i-k-n-i-g-h-t
Initials: PR

Post by balladof32 »

Hi , Im Paul from deepest Kent . Looking for some good arcade related chat and the hope to pick up a couple of candys in the next few weeks . :awe:
leopold

Post by leopold »

Hello, I am Leopold from France, i bought my first cab , hmmm , 14 years ago :) N'styl sit down with metal slug after that a Naomi and now waitong for a neo19
Jota
Please Continue...

Post by Jota »

Jota from Chile here, interested in RingEdge world and specifically with Project DIVA Arcade!

Cheers toe veryone! 8-)
gojira54
Please Continue...

Post by gojira54 »

Hello all,
I'm in London, I don't have cabs anymore but managed to keep hold of some PCBs & consoles ;)
Registered here for more info on upcoming multicarts, fingers crossed for a MVS one in the near future :)
Paul
Cat
Please Continue...

Post by Cat »

Hello,

I am from Singapore.

IT guy

Currently trying to find out how I can connect the Taito Vewlix Diamond Arcade Cabinet to a Win 8.1 notebook.

Can you please approve my account so that I can ask this question in this forum?

Thank you very much for your time.

:)
ARKHEA
eBay: zaxanon

Post by ARKHEA »

Hello!

I'm an italian video game fanatic that just only in the last few years got into the arcade scene seriously.
I'll hopefully be able to get hold of a cabinet myself even with my restricted budget, but i do a lot of playing on the few surviving arcades where i live and on a private game room of sorts i share with some friends where we have a few cabs/consoles group bought for everyone to play.

Big fan of neo geo, anything related to SEGA and the whole BEMANI series of games which i play on a daily basis.

This community seems amazing, can't wait to be part of it for a long time.
WallGarants
Please Continue...

Post by WallGarants »

Hello my name is Walter and I live in Brazil and would like more information about arcade in forum
Bonky
Please Continue...

Post by Bonky »

Hi all ^^

I'm Christophe and i'm french.
I'm a video game fanatic and i have 2 cabinet , 1 NUC "new net city touch" and 1 egret 3
Lot of pcb for the egret and mame in new net converted.

Regards from france and happy playing ^^