Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by wonderbanana »

Wow lots of new folk :awe:

Welcome to AO one and all 8-)
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"
blvdnights
Please Continue...
eBay: tonedef3x
Initials: rum

Post by blvdnights »

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to this hobby, jumped in with a blast city and a MiSTercade. Hoping to get into some real hardware.

Thanks,

Robert
adrianomartins
Please Continue...
eBay: adrianomartins

Post by adrianomartins »

Hi all,
I am a retro game collector since 20 years.
I like this forum and have a question re NAOMI.
Best
adrianomartins
Hideous
eBay: goenitz
Initials: CB.

Post by Hideous »

Hello everyone, long time retro gamer (probably for around 30+ years) here!

I have a modest Retro collection (some stuff that I kept from back in the day) and I have been wanting to get a cabinet for a long time but never had the space until recently. So hopefully being a member here will help with that in some regard! I like old Sega games, Shmups and Fighting games.

I'm very happy that something like this forum still exists I look forward to interacting with you all!
darrenoc3
eBay: karmabass1

Post by darrenoc3 »

Hi all, I'm an Irishman living in London - I have been into retro gaming all my life, primarily through emulation which I discovered in the early 2000s. Spent lots of time on various retroarch setups and console homebrew stuff. More recently have become passionate about the hardware side of things and have been learning electronics soldering etc, modifying fight sticks, and making DIY machines. So far I've built a 12" mini bartop and a 32" virtual pinball. I live in an apartment so don't have the tools or space to do woodworking projects, so instead I've come to this forum in search of a Taito Vewlix, Namco Noir or Sega Naomi Universal cabinet that I can tinker with.
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

darrenoc3 wrote: October 18th, 2022, 5:23 pm Hi all, I'm an Irishman living in London - I have been into retro gaming all my life, primarily through emulation which I discovered in the early 2000s. Spent lots of time on various retroarch setups and console homebrew stuff. More recently have become passionate about the hardware side of things and have been learning electronics soldering etc, modifying fight sticks, and making DIY machines. So far I've built a 12" mini bartop and a 32" virtual pinball. I live in an apartment so don't have the tools or space to do woodworking projects, so instead I've come to this forum in search of a Taito Vewlix, Namco Noir or Sega Naomi Universal cabinet that I can tinker with.
Welcome!

You just missed a Chewlix being sold, but Videotronics still has some Vewlix and Chewlixes.

https://www.videotronicsuk.com/arcade-m ... inets.html
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Post by wonderbanana »

bloodhokuto wrote: October 19th, 2022, 12:12 pm
darrenoc3 wrote: October 18th, 2022, 5:23 pm Hi all, I'm an Irishman living in London - I have been into retro gaming all my life, primarily through emulation which I discovered in the early 2000s. Spent lots of time on various retroarch setups and console homebrew stuff. More recently have become passionate about the hardware side of things and have been learning electronics soldering etc, modifying fight sticks, and making DIY machines. So far I've built a 12" mini bartop and a 32" virtual pinball. I live in an apartment so don't have the tools or space to do woodworking projects, so instead I've come to this forum in search of a Taito Vewlix, Namco Noir or Sega Naomi Universal cabinet that I can tinker with.
Welcome!

You just missed a Chewlix being sold, but Videotronics still has some Vewlix and Chewlixes.

Hopefully not... 😉
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"
darrenoc3
eBay: karmabass1

Post by darrenoc3 »

bloodhokuto wrote: October 19th, 2022, 12:12 pm Welcome!

Thanks to the amazingly helpful wonderbanana I didn't miss out on it actually, I was able to put down a deposit on it just in the nick of time :)
EvilAsh
Please Continue...
eBay: Megatron_666
Initials: JDM

Post by EvilAsh »

Hi All,

I am new to the forum but have a passions for all things retro gaming. Been desperate to get to Japan but covid put a hold on that. Got a sega blast City recently and was informed of this forum.

Based in scotland, and hopefully looking to get a Astro city.

Thanks for letting me join.
As You Can See, Sega Games Are Very Helpful in Life!
astroZOMBIE138
eBay: dumpster_donkey_gaming
Initials: FND

Post by astroZOMBIE138 »

Hello everyone!
I'm Mike currently residing in Florida. Pretty recent to the hobby and community. So far I have 2 Dynamo HS-5 Cabinets with 25in K7000's. Both are supplied with Mistercades as well as a slowly growing original PCB collection. Big shmup fan so a single horizontal cab was never going to cut it, although I love me some R-Type. Anyway, hello all and long live coinop!
Hard2obtain
Please Continue...
eBay: crxturbo180hp
Initials: ROY

Post by Hard2obtain »

Hi to everyone i'm Roy and i woul like to contribute to this forum
ConvincingJohn
eBay: dexyfanhotmail.com
Initials: JEG

Post by ConvincingJohn »

Hey All, been lurking here a while learning about some of the Exa stuff being released and absorbing knowledge in general. You all are a great bunch and I look forward to learning more.
Coughdrop
eBay: kevin-huiskamp
Initials: KH!

Post by Coughdrop »

Hello everyone!!

I'm joining all sorts of arcade forums as i've just gotten a SEGA Naomi Universal Cab and am looking for some parts for it.
Also to see awesome cabs by other forum members and chat about games and such!! :D
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Great stuff! Welcome and get involved 8-)
amobile
eBay: amobile
Initials: AMO

Post by amobile »

Hi Guys !

very happy to be here.
I'm Cedric akka Amobile, 44 Years old, i'm living in Chambéry in the South East of France.
I'm collecting old consoles systems since beginning of 2000's and now i think i have near all the games i would like to process on the consoles systems.
So i started to buy some arcades cab (Rit legno, A virtua Fighter to restore, and an old jeutel).
I installed first a PC in it, then a raspberry Pi 3 with the Rpi2Jamma interface to play at the 80's/90's 2D Arcade Games. (Mister solution is too expensive at this time)
But now, i would like to find some games i knew in the 90's like Street Fighter, Final Fight, Asterix or Alien vs Predator (or the dedicated T2 arcade cab !!) .
I consider myself as a beginner in the Arcade domain, so i'm very pleased to be here to learn :)

See you later guys :)
terrella
eBay: nbakillagorilla
Initials: TDA

Post by terrella »

Hello all,

Fairly new to arcade collecting but been a gamer all my life.

Machines: MVS Big Red 4 slot, Capcom Impress and waiting on a Sega New blast city.

I have a ton of questions and I look forward to all your help.

Thanks,
Terrella
septa
Please Continue...
eBay: porto2k5
Initials: MOI

Post by septa »

Hello everyone

I come from France and I love arcade games, the feeling to plug a PCB and play right away.

I have 3 cabinets and some PCB specialy shmups.

Thanks for your welcome
JoeMusashi
Please Continue...
eBay: francoirame0
Initials: Joe

Post by JoeMusashi »

Hi everyone,

I am Francois from France. I am into Japanese arcade games and candy cabs. I bought my first cab back in 2015. Nice to meet you all!

Cheers!
prefabpeti2
eBay: picklesnclive
Initials: PDM

Post by prefabpeti2 »

Hello all, new user here. I've just got into Sega Naomi having dreamed of having one since the Dreamcast days. I finally spotted some for a fair price so am taking the plunge. Will be seeing if the super caps need replacement and also using peroxide to neaten things up. Hoping to learn more and more with the hobby.
vectorfire
Please Continue...
eBay: ricga4952

Post by vectorfire »

Ancient arcade lovers whose interest has once again relapsed. :penser: