Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
ArcadeTV
Please Continue...
eBay: moklamette

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ArcadeTV »

Hey Guys,
I'm Alex from Cologne, Germany.
I've always loved arcade games as far as I know.

Today my Warzard Cart died on me, so I'd like to see what's goin on in that scene.

Here's a quick walk through my gameroom, still a lot to do in there, but you'll get the idea...
http://youtu.be/RG3rv7eju2w?hd=1

PeaceOut.
cowise
Please Continue...
eBay: agrias120
Initials: ccw

Post by cowise »

Hello all, I'm Corey. I'm currently looking at buying a Blast City cab, but have about a million foolish questions and this place looked like a great community of knowledgeable folks. I'm looking around right now, and I've read through the Wiki, but is there a simple "This is what you need to look for when purchasing a candy cab" list or a "So, you're a complete idiot, here is what to do now that you have your cab!" walkthrough? I was looking at picking up this cab (total price w/ shipping would be just under $900), and also wanted to pick up a 6-switch JAMMA board so I could (I assume) fit six boards in at once. I was also looking at one of these but I'm not sure if it'd be compatible with the 6-in-1 JAMMA switcher.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

ArcadeTV wrote: Today my Warzard Cart died on me.
My deepest sympathy. I've lost two of those, one in the cab and one on the operating table.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

cowise wrote:Hello all, I'm Corey. I'm currently looking at buying a Blast City cab, but have about a million foolish questions and this place looked like a great community of knowledgeable folks. I'm looking around right now, and I've read through the Wiki, but is there a simple "This is what you need to look for when purchasing a candy cab" list or a "So, you're a complete idiot, here is what to do now that you have your cab!" walkthrough? I was looking at picking up this cab (total price w/ shipping would be just under $900), and also wanted to pick up a 6-switch JAMMA board so I could (I assume) fit six boards in at once. I was also looking at one of these but I'm not sure if it'd be compatible with the 6-in-1 JAMMA switcher.
I wouldn't go the coinopexpress route for your first cab (or any cab, really). Though yes, you will find stories here of positive cab buying experiences (of new cabs) from coinop, I'm willing to bet that the older cabs will be much more of a headache than anything.
If you want to go the shop route, give Ken @ thegameroom an email. I got my Blast from him and he's located in the US.
You and I are in the same general buying area, and I can tell you that candy cabs do come around more often than you'd think, though admittedly less often than the west coast. Are you absolutely set on a Blast or would something else (like an Astro or a Pony or an AWSD) be good? The broader your horizons, the quicker your cab will appear :awe:
The CPS1 multi will work with a 6-in-1 switcher. But jammaboards says that the CPS1 multi is out of stock (I can, however, recommend Tim. He's good people.)
cowise
Please Continue...
eBay: agrias120
Initials: ccw

Post by cowise »

Korszca wrote: I wouldn't go the coinopexpress route for your first cab (or any cab, really). Though yes, you will find stories here of positive cab buying experiences (of new cabs) from coinop, I'm willing to bet that the older cabs will be much more of a headache than anything.
If you want to go the shop route, give Ken @ thegameroom an email. I got my Blast from him and he's located in the US.
You and I are in the same general buying area, and I can tell you that candy cabs do come around more often than you'd think, though admittedly less often than the west coast. Are you absolutely set on a Blast or would something else (like an Astro or a Pony or an AWSD) be good? The broader your horizons, the quicker your cab will appear :awe:
The CPS1 multi will work with a 6-in-1 switcher. But jammaboards says that the CPS1 multi is out of stock (I can, however, recommend Tim. He's good people.)
Thank you for the quick response! I was only going with coinopexpress because they were the first place that I found with one in stock who actually took the time to answer my questions via e-mail. Are their cabinets usually rundown and troublesome? I think I'll end up avoiding them at this point, in that case.

I'm definitely not sold on the Blast City (My only real requirements are 6 buttons, 2 players, rotatable monitor and a tri-sync monitor) and I like the looks of just about any Candy Cab I've seen. I'll shoot Ken a message and see if he can help me out with locating one! I'm not sold on going the store route, it just seemed the easiest way to pick up a cab.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

cowise wrote:
Korszca wrote: I wouldn't go the coinopexpress route for your first cab (or any cab, really). Though yes, you will find stories here of positive cab buying experiences (of new cabs) from coinop, I'm willing to bet that the older cabs will be much more of a headache than anything.
Thank you for the quick response! I was only going with coinopexpress because they were the first place that I found with one in stock who actually took the time to answer my questions via e-mail. Are their cabinets usually rundown and troublesome? I think I'll end up avoiding them at this point, in that case.

I'm definitely not sold on the Blast City (My only real requirements are 6 buttons, 2 players, rotatable monitor and a tri-sync monitor) and I like the looks of just about any Candy Cab I've seen. I'll shoot Ken a message and see if he can help me out with locating one! I'm not sold on going the store route, it just seemed the easiest way to pick up a cab.
The coinop ones will certainly be dirty, perhaps a little more damaged than you'd prefer. Monitors basically unknown, expect to not get any working joysticks, buttons, etc.
Now to be fair, Ken's cabs will need a cleaning, but he's good at letting you know exactly what you're getting.
If you're looking for 6 buttons, trisync/rotatable, then you're looking for a Blast, E3, AWSD, Windy II, or (New) Net City.

Though this would be better for a new thread. So if you have any more questions, either shoot me a PM or open up a new topic.
macjiggy

Post by macjiggy »

Hi,
Not sure what to say to introduce myself, I got my first cab last year .. an electrocoin xenon for restoration but its proved to be a money pit with one thing after another so Ive decided that this year Im going to get a new cab and its gonna be a candy cab. Not much else to say i work in a call centre, I have a mind like a sieve and I watch too much tv.
denson
eBay: chubba100

Post by denson »

Hi all!

Just thought I'd better introduce myself...I'm Darren

I'm a massive fan of the site, always read it when I need to fix my Astro for the millionth time..!

I'm currently awaiting the delivery of a Lindbergh cab (Cools old machine) and can't wait!!

Just need to fix the Astro again now....well, I've had the chassis back for a few weeks, so it was bound to happen ;)
JAX

Post by JAX »

Hi, I'm Alex,
I love the arcade games...I have a small collection..cps2, mvs, stv, jamma pcb...
wilyawn
Please Continue...

Post by wilyawn »

Hi guys 'n gals!

Martin from Sweden here, just bought my first cab. A Sega Rally Twin sitdown :)
However there are some monitor issues and thats how I came across this lovely forum.

All the best to you.
lantus
Please Continue...
eBay: lantus123
Initials: LTS

Post by lantus »

Hi im Lantus,

if you've ever used xSnes9x/Surreal 64/FBA or other homebrew on the Xbox i was probably responsible for it. On the Xbox360/PS3 if you've ever used FBANext, im responsible for it :)

in getting more and more into arcade gaming at home and less and less into emulation these days. While searching for a Japanese supergun to purchase, my good friend idc suggested i sign up here.
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

lantus wrote:Hi im Lantus,

if you've ever used xSnes9x/Surreal 64/FBA or other homebrew on the Xbox i was probably responsible for it. On the Xbox360/PS3 if you've ever used FBANext, im responsible for it :)

in getting more and more into arcade gaming at home and less and less into emulation these days. While searching for a Japanese supergun to purchase, my good friend idc suggested i sign up here.
Welcome Lantus. :)
ImageImageImageImage
link187

Post by link187 »

Hi, i'm Saj.

I was an arcade addict during the 80's, my faves were the old Sega games like shinobi and Golden Axe.. I lived and played through the streetfighter 2 and mortal kombat days and love Outrun and power drift...I'd love to own a sit down Power Drift some day!!
Wanda

Post by Wanda »

Hi. I am mostly a console/computer enthusiast, but occasionally i also play and buy some arcade stuff. I will put up a few things for sale eventually, and i hope to find many interesting topics in this forum! 8-)
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Wanda wrote:Hi. I am mostly a console/computer enthusiast, but occasionally i also play and buy some arcade stuff. I will put up a few things for sale eventually, and i hope to find many interesting topics in this forum! 8-)
Are you a fish?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lolno:

Sorry!

Welcome.

Cheers,

Ralph.
chikenspring

Post by chikenspring »

Hi my name is Singh. I recently purchased a Neo Geo AES after spending a lot of years wanting one. I am a game, comic book nerd and vinyl collector, be it vinyl music or vinyl toys. Hi everybody!
meyerli
eBay: meyerli0
Initials: MAN

Post by meyerli »

Hi all,

My name is Manuel and I'm living in Switzerland. For the past few years I've concentrated my playing on Wii and XBOX360 (don't hit me!), until I've found my old love, the arcade playing, again last year. Since then I bought a Time Crisis (dedicated), a Sega Aero City and a Taito Egret 2.

Soon I need a bigger appartment...

Regards
durten
Please Continue...

Post by durten »

hello everyone my name is anders karlsson and I come in from Sweden I collect arcarde games and TV games
turntablism

Post by turntablism »

hi meyerli, cool bisch au da
http://www.yodel-arcade.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fanaticcism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

So fertig jetzt met Schwizertütsch... :awe: