Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
djjimmyjames

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by djjimmyjames »

Long time lurker here, this place is filled with info spent many nights reading.
mx5dob
eBay: mrpauldobson
Initials: dob

Post by mx5dob »

Hi all. I’m from the UK and have been replacing my home console collection with arcade pcb’s since getting my unusual Neo geo MVS ‘Playvision’ arcade cab for my 40th birthday.

I only have room for one cab (currently in our dining room) so I have a smallcab supergun connected to my CRT TV for playing vertical shmups.
Plus a Picade form playing all those games I cant afford to buy!

I’m pretty much finished with collecting PCB’s unless I can find my holy grail - a good price ‘Nostradamus’ by Face board. I’ve bid on a couple on Yahoo japan auctions but keep losing out!

Anyway. Here’s my current collection of arcade gear:

MVS:
Puzzle bobble with box
Puzzle de pon kit
Metal slug 2
Metal slug 4 kit
Last blade with art
Aero fighters 2
Last resort
Neo turf masters with box
Sengoku kit
Super sidekicks 3 kit
Waku waku 7
Windjammers
Blazing star kit
Garou with art
Art of fighting 2
Kabuki klash
World heroes 2
Kof 99 with art
Metal slug 3
Matrimelee kit
3 count bout
Magician lord

Hyper 64:
Samurai spirits 2 kit
Buriki one
Fatal fury wild ambition kit

Jamma:
Kof 2003 jamma kit
Svc chaos jamma with art
Metal slug 5 jamma
Raiden fighters
Last duel
Drift out
Esp ra.de.
Thunder dragon
Sonic wings
Denjin makai 2

St-v:
Soukyugorentai
Radiant Silvergun
Cotton 2 with art
Steep slope sliders with art
Purikura daisakusen

Atomiswave
The rumble fish

ArcadeDreams
Please Continue...
eBay: ArcadeDreamsAB
Initials: IEL

Post by ArcadeDreams »

Hey! Swedish collector Ivan here, new to the forum. Got my first cabinet back in 2006 and through out the years had lots of different cabinets. Would love to get my hands on Night Slashers if the opportunity comes.
Yams
Please Continue...
eBay: zulustarone
Initials: YAM

Post by Yams »

mx5dob wrote: January 10th, 2019, 1:16 pm
I've never seen a Neo Geo cabinet like this before. Is this custom? I dig that!

Name is Yams, the kinda name you would expect a baggy jeaned arcade rat to have (these days I feel like that has less of the negative connotations that it used to).

I wanted my first post to be something useful, like stuff on the Sigma Raijin. I've been working on documenting the entire thing (Wiring diagrams, schematics, parts lists, etc) as there is not a ton of information out there, and a LOT of mixed information that clashes quite a lot. Also some design changes, like better strain relieving (stock = wire tied to the coin/start/switch boards), stand offs for the coin/start board and grounding.

I know it's not often people will be opening them, but the info will be there for those who want it ^_^

All that fun stuff :) big time fan of the ArcadeOtaku Wiki, and some of this could be useful when I get that long post written out.

I'm very approachable, so whoever reads this stuff feel free to hit up
dootbeep
Please Continue...
eBay: cheesepataflafla
Initials: COW

Post by dootbeep »

Haven't been on here in a couple of years but thought I would reintroduce myself; rocking a Sega Astro City cab with a Game King installed. Replaced the monitor recently with a flat screen (kept blowing screens). Took me years, but finally found the original card, paperwork, and inserts for the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure arcade game. Should be shipping from Japan next week. WOO!

I'll be ordering some Taito chairs soon and a plexi for the top. Really excited to be active again with you folks.
zombiespammer
Please Continue...
eBay: s_zacha
Initials: ZAS

Post by zombiespammer »

Hello Everyone! New to the forums here since I just picked up my first New Net City! Starting my collection with a System 256 system, but I hope to expand it to include Naomi and a ST-V boards and games. Now I need all the information I can get to complete my dream setup, so I hope to be on here a lot more!
Porthos
eBay: akumajou77
Initials: CRI

Post by Porthos »

Hi everyone!

I'm from Spain, I'm 42 years old and my passion is arcade games.

I've got a very few PCB's, I stopped buying a few years ago but I'm back again. I've got my favorite game between them: an original Final Fight CPS.
I love shmups, specially Cave games. I'm not a good player with Cave games but I enjoy playing with them. I've got the three Cave PGM cartridge conversions, original PCB have a crazy prices. My favorites are Futari Black Label and Ketsui.

I'm looking for a unicorn (AKA Egret II, Egret III or Atomiswave SD). I hope to buy one this year at reasonable price.

Sorry for weird phrases or words but english is not my language. I can understand when I read it, but express myself in english is another story ^^

I expect to learn a lot in this forum, and meet good people too.
Sebbeug
eBay: sebbeug
Initials: SEB

Post by Sebbeug »

Hello,

i'm a 43 years old french guy.
My first cab was an Euro cab i bought last year.

Since then I bought some other cabs : an SNK NEO25, an original 220V NAC, and last week : A canary Taito.

Thanks for this forum and all its precious informations.
tsavathay
Please Continue...
eBay: id

Hi from Canada

Post by tsavathay »

Hi, I'm Tsavathay.

I'm here to level up and learn more about arcade ownership and possibly purchase my very first one.

I enjoy shoot em up, fighting games and puzzle games.

Excited to learn from the site and members.
PrettyMachine
Please Continue...
eBay: Neo-Orbital

Post by PrettyMachine »

Hi everyone,
I’m from France, i’m 40 old.

My first cab is a NNC and i love SNK games especially the Metal Slug and KOF series.

Best regards,
Patrice
Nitrocyrus
eBay: Nitrocyrus

Post by Nitrocyrus »

Hi

I’m 37 and from France too !

Started with arcade in 2006 and playing on Sega and Taito 15/31 cab, I tried HD ... and stopped it :)

Hope to meet other arcade fans here!
Sergioeldraco
Please Continue...
eBay: sergioscabone
Initials: SER

Post by Sergioeldraco »

Hello! I´m Sergio from Argentina, new in this adiction and with tons of questions! (and a very limitated english :P )
trying to reconstruct some arcades :)

-my tiny collection includes:
34'', 26'', and 20'' generic cabinet, and an "okbaby"
originall pcb: naomi mvc2, MVC, samurai shodown and hat trick hero. Bootleg: SF2, MK, pandora box4s+.

happy to be here !
FireRat
Please Continue...
eBay: none
Initials: RAT

Post by FireRat »

Hello! I'm FireRat, aka Hcktrox, from Chile, and I'm a Sega Genesis/Megadrive developer.

My story with the arcade games is quite weird. Where I live, I didn't met any arcade machines until very late. My cousins had a Sega MD pack, and I had a particular taste for the "fast" games, such as Contra Hard Corps, Sonic the Hedgehog, Shmups and the like. Then someone gifted me a MAME pack for a birthday, and I played what I found to be the best games at the time. With the time though, I learnt on how to work for the MD from the Sonic hacking forums, and by 2015 our team and I released our first "complete" game (sonic romhack) called Mobius Evolution. Time later I'd participate in a hacking contest with a small minihack in another team, and we awarded the 3rd place!. I don't "play" too much anymore though, I'd rather watch longplays from other games now, to analyze them: Design choices, visual programming, gameplay flaws, that kind of stuff. Lately, I'd only run a game by myself if I had to do frame-by-frame analysis or debugging. Nor I could afford buying any "real hardware" to test on, I rely on emulators and sending ROMs to a friend (with the HW) from time to time. In other words, I'm a fan from the "outside" :P

Since Mobius' original creator had to leave, he left me in charge of the sequel, with permission to recycle any scrapped artwork from previous game(s). There's not much time to develop it, and final version wouldn't last more than 20 minutes of first-time play, so I'm treating it like a spin-off, with a higher emphasis on visual effects and Experimental gameplay. I rewrote most of the Sonic engine's libraries (sprite mapper, scroll engine, etc) in the previous years, with a couple physics tweaks here and there. I want to try my first "arcade" game, and if there's some bare time left, I'd even try to port it to Sega MegaPlay or System C2, unless that doesn't sounds like a good idea.
My main concern though is whether or not do I understand the "arcade" style correctly! And this is why, in all honesty, I'd like to ask as many things as possible here. For example, if should coins should really equal continues, or why everything "must" have a time counter. I'm trying to look for as much information as I can, but I still have my doubts. Am I allowed to ask about that?

Btw wanted to post my MD sequence/vfx reel, but looks like I don't have permission to use the media tag :P
cmoliveira
Please Continue...
eBay: cliffoliveira
Initials: CMO

Cliff from Toronto!

Post by cmoliveira »

Hi All,

My name is Cliff and I'm from Toronto, Ontario in Canada. I have many video games (too much to list) but I will say I just got my first arcade and it is a Sega Blast City. Just finished restoring it, buying up some CPS1/2 boards and ordering some marquees/instruction strips. Currently it is playing Street Fighter Alpha 2.

The forum has been a real help and I'm looking forward to contributing to the community. :D
meloyelo51
Please Continue...
eBay: meloyelo51
Initials: MRM

Post by meloyelo51 »

Hello!

My name is Matt and I am usually more well known on Pinside and KLOV. You may have seen me on Ebay as well.
I was referred to check the site out by one of my customers looking for help, so I just joined.

I specialize in ROM/EPROM burning and would love to help the community if you need anything in that regard.

I finally started a website about a year ago as more and more people were interested in Roms. Feel free to check it out!
https://mattsbasementarcade.com/

Thanks
Matt
artik
Please Continue...
eBay: jeff.artik

Post by artik »

Hello Acrcade fan! New owner of a vewlix L :D
82retr0gamer
Please Continue...
eBay: 82retr0gamer
Initials: DWZ

Post by 82retr0gamer »

Hi my name is Dirk, the passion started as a child. Where I came into contact with Arcade for the first time. Now I have a blast and a neo cab at Home. :wink:
hackbar
Please Continue...
eBay: mharris

Post by hackbar »

I'm new here.

I have some Naomi machines - Crazy Taxi and Airline Pilots (single screen sitdown).

I'm hoping to find some parts for these games. Mine are complete and working, but missing some little metal things. The stuff that always gets lost when operators get lazy.
cheezburgah
Please Continue...
eBay: cheezburgah
Initials: chz

Post by cheezburgah »

Hi everyone,

I'm the owner of a Vewlix Cab. Looking forward to sharing and picking up some tips and tricks.

Thanks.
smoere
Please Continue...
eBay: none

Post by smoere »

Hello all,

I'm in search of a candy cab and this seems like a solid location for general info and the marketplace that currently seems to have a nice selection of cabs.

Regards!