Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
SuperDeadite
Please Continue...
Initials: ETP

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by SuperDeadite »

Hi everyone. After moving to Japan, I became a crazed NeoGeo homecart collector. After getting used to the real arcade games with my Neo, I naturally wanted the real deal for non Neo games. So pcbs for the win. :)
Stronger then your average deadite.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

SuperDeadite wrote:Hi everyone. After moving to Japan, I became a crazed NeoGeo homecart collector. After getting used to the real arcade games with my Neo, I naturally wanted the real deal for non Neo games. So pcbs for the win. :)
welcome ! you didn't move to japan jsut to be closer to neo heaven did you !!! :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
SuperDeadite
Please Continue...

Post by SuperDeadite »

geotrig wrote:
SuperDeadite wrote:Hi everyone. After moving to Japan, I became a crazed NeoGeo homecart collector. After getting used to the real arcade games with my Neo, I naturally wanted the real deal for non Neo games. So pcbs for the win. :)
welcome ! you didn't move to japan jsut to be closer to neo heaven did you !!! :awe:
I mainly came to Japan because I was a lazy college grad that didn't want a "real" job yet :) Actually my first real love here was the PC-Engine. The Neo came next, and now pcbs. :D
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Just think about all the arcade stuff you could buy with the leftover cash if you sold off those homecarts and switched to MVS... :twisted:
baddy
Please Continue...
eBay: irishfrog89
Initials: CHI

Post by baddy »

Hello everyone, I'm obviously new here, so I'm gonna introduce myself.

25yo, student engineer in IT in France, always loved video games and arcade classics. I own a euro cabinet, a 21" jeutel wood cab. I heavilly modded it, and it's still undergoing "surgery". I shortened it by 33cm to make it a sit down cab, and also redone the control panel completly, changed the screen for a flat panel (from a regular TV, the picture is superb). I recently bought my first MVS Slot along with a great (and cheap) 120in1 cart.

To sum up, I'm here because I've been lurking for some time and I like the ambiance here, a nice mix between hardcore arcade fans and a good sense of humor. Seeing some members stuff made me a little bit jealous, especially some rare and awesome PCB's. I'm gonna start hunting pcb's soon...

Greetings from France,

Baddy.
Last edited by baddy on January 29th, 2010, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Post by dj_johnnyg »

Hi, I'm John, Long time-lurker first-time poster.

My Irish mate Alan told me about this site & I finally decided it was time to join.

My interests are sheep, Jonathan King, and pretending to be interested in Arcades to enable me to meet sexy boys at gaming events.

My star sign is capricorn
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

dj_johnnyg wrote:Hi, I'm John, Long time-lurker first-time poster.

My Irish mate Alan told me about this site & I finally decided it was time to join.

My interests are sheep, Jonathan King, and pretending to be interested in Arcades to enable me to meet sexy boys at gaming events.

My star sign is capricorn
love the avatar John :lol:
SuperDeadite
Please Continue...

Post by SuperDeadite »

Spectre wrote:
Just think about all the arcade stuff you could buy with the leftover cash if you sold off those homecarts and switched to MVS... :twisted:
Meh, games are a hobby, and purchased with disposable income. Therefore the price difference is irrelevant to me, I like homecarts, so I buy homecarts. :) Sure they're not cheap, but neither is buying two cups of Starbucks everyday like many people do. 8-)
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Welcome, Mark

Got any more of that equipment wire left? :awe:
Aypok
Please Continue...
eBay: aypok
Initials: AYP

Post by Aypok »

Welcome, dude. Yet more people I know from a certain other forum. :)
aryssoR wrote:Got any more of that equipment wire left? :awe:
I sure hope so. That was a great deal and I real could do with some of that stuff for an up-coming project.
Violator and subject to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam

<kernow> I am indeed a happy mother ****
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Post by tetsujin »

My name Adam, I enjoy playing/collect/fixing up on Sega Arcades (mainly Astro's and Naomi's), although I can never make up my mind so am always swapping/selling them! :D

lots of love,

Adam xxx
LOL Cats... stupid cats
majors

Post by majors »

SuperDeadite wrote:Actually my first real love here was the PC-Engine. The Neo came next, and now pcbs. :D
I like this guy.
SuperDeadite wrote:Sure they're not cheap, but neither is buying two cups of Starbucks everyday like many people do
Man, I really like this guy.

Are you sure this is not a gay, nerd, video game meet-up site?
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
Aypok
Please Continue...
eBay: aypok
Initials: AYP

Post by Aypok »

majors wrote:Are you sure this is not a gay, nerd, video game meet-up site?
Shady994 wrote:Wait, you never realised this site is for gay arcade nerds?
:awe:
Violator and subject to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam

<kernow> I am indeed a happy mother ****
neokidgeo
Please Continue...

Post by neokidgeo »

Hi all,

I thought i had all ready introduced myself when i joint up :oops: been a member over at J+ for many years and have few pre 90's machines but been tempted by the bigger screen sit downs ;)
I'm gonna put things in you
XorXe
Please Continue...

Post by XorXe »

Hi
My name is Jorge and i write from Mexico.
I found this forum asking to google about Candy Cabs and im here!
I really like to my dream come true to own a Astro City Cabinet!
Anyway im here for learning about Cabinets and PCB's

^^
ZiEk
Please Continue...

Post by ZiEk »

Hello iam ZiEK, i play alot of games and collect some. Arcade games r the best. Iam from the Netherlands and some peoples here know me. Dont know what to say.
LoRez

Post by LoRez »

bienvenido Jorge :)
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Welcome, Cerveza all round :awe:
Krispearman
Please Continue...
Initials: KMK

Post by Krispearman »

So hi, live in the UK and i just missed the big arcade scene when i was growing up by about 2 or 3 years but ive always loved them myself, looking into eventually collecting arcade machines myself to perhaps relive some of those fond days of pouring 10p's into machines only now ill know what im doing! :P

Silly short intro but thats about it really, just looking to get my first cabinet sometime soon, was told to come sign up here and have a look about :D
Chi
Fire Extinguisher
Initials: CHI

Post by Chi »

Hi Kris! Welcome to the forum. You've probably met a few of the guys round here from Insert Coin '09. :awe:
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004