Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Poulet
eBay: Pouletss

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Poulet »

Hello everybody. Benjamin from france 39 years old.
I fell in the arcade with double dragon. I love this game. I remember playing with my brother on holidays.
Some other games too like the first turtles, robocop, double dragon 2 and operation wolf for example.
It was great memories.
Since 3 years maybe more, I start to pick up my favorite game with a supergun thanks to a friend. And now i like to talk and discover old games.
huluhala
Please Continue...
eBay: 909467880@qq.com
Initials: ZZZ

Post by huluhala »

I'm from China,my English is poor,sorry.
A DIYer & CRT beginner, love shmups, now I'm trying to repari some Blastcity in Liehuo Shanghai.
ArcadeDream
Please Continue...
eBay: Drestlin
Initials: DRE

Post by ArcadeDream »

Hei all, finally decided to go ahead in building an arcade cabinet from scratch...hoping to find some info on designing one here!
Corentino
eBay: coconuts_007

Post by Corentino »

Hi, Iam Corentin, 34yo from France. In arcade, my favorites games are shump even if iam not really good at it. Play a bit of 2x too.
I own 3 Egret 2.
Jermz1
eBay: Nakuha

Post by Jermz1 »

her0oftim3 wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 8:00 am Currently stationed in South Korea, just recently bought a vewlix cab and am ready to kit it out!!
Welcome! What part? Im at camp humpreys, nice how did you manage to import a vewlix at a time like this. This place is flooded with chewlixes.
leadedsolder
eBay: ravuya
Initials: BTT

Post by leadedsolder »

Hi, I'm just starting to get into arcade repair. I've fixed a bunch of 8- and 16-bit computers and blogged about it, but the arcades are pretty tempting.

At the risk of being way too ambitious, my first projects are:
  • a Neo-Geo 1-slot that needed some small battery damage repair and a universe bios. Come to think of it, I should get around to burning that BIOS...
  • a Sega ST-V board that I found without a bus terminator board installed - I designed a quickie board for it
  • an Arkanoid bootleg having an I/O error (probably whatever the equivalent of a coin hybrid) – I have to also build a spinner for this
  • a stack of five Sega System-24 boards from Yahoo Auctions - I plan on building a floppy board for this (almost done) and also a ROM/copy-protection board (very scary, not even started) so I can eventually play Bonanza Bros. I may also get rid of a floppy board + mainboard combo to a friend who wants to play Gain Ground. Of course, these things only happen if any of these main-boards are not total junk.
Specifically, I'm working on putting together a "minigun" supergun and getting a power supply so at least I can start testing these boards. I'm really impressed by the ingenuity and deep diagnostic understanding on display in the PCB repair logs, and I feel like I've learned a bunch just from reading them. I'd love to get to that level of troubleshooting and understanding one day.

Happy to be here!
candycabs4life
eBay: sonypsx

Post by candycabs4life »

Hey everyone! I am totally addicted to candy cabs and retro gaming hardware :)
repute
Please Continue...
eBay: ceelston

Post by repute »

Hey everyone! I've collected arcades for about a decade now and just got my first (hopefully, of many) candy cab. I'm incredibly excited about my New Net City and look forward to getting to know the community.
AmetDj
Please Continue...
eBay: ~~

Post by AmetDj »

Ciao everybody! I'm AmetDj and I collect arcade cards, old and new! 8-)
Arcade cards collector!
stark
eBay: starkrace
Initials: str

Post by stark »

Hi everyone! I used to be a coin-op developer and am getting back into the scene by reviving an blast city candy cabinet.
falcontoys
Please Continue...
eBay: www.falcontoys
Initials: Mdw

Post by falcontoys »

My name is Mike, I am the owner/operator of Electric Starship Arcade in Haltom City, Texas.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

falcontoys wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 4:16 am My name is Mike, I am the owner/operator of Electric Starship Arcade in Haltom City, Texas.
Dude!!! Welcome!!! I love your videos!!!

Erm, I mean… whatever, I’m like, all cool and not bothered. Welcome, I suppose.

(Seriously, huge fan!! The screen(s) on that X-men blew my mind. At first glance I thought it was some crazy ultra wide CRT)
Please Continue...
eBay: froodaxe

Post by 002 »

Hi -- I'm from Australia. Mostly my interests are in professional grade CRTs like PVMs etc, but I do have a Sega Astro City and I love arcade games.
Whenever I repair or modify electronics I have a habit of meticulously documenting it. I like to contribute to wikis and have done so on the arcadeotaku wiki already for the MS8-29FSG.

I'm hoping to get some help with my MS8-29FSG actually - if anyone happens to have the resistor value for R447 that would be most helpful and save me creating a new thread just to ask a single question 😳
LinkToThis
Please Continue...
eBay: linktothis
Initials: DJD

Post by LinkToThis »

LinkToThis

Enjoyed shmups since playing Ikaruga on the dreamcast way back when.

Here mostly to check the price of some old games I have.
sirocco2
Please Continue...
eBay: sirocco_2

Post by sirocco2 »

Hi all!

I'm from Barcelona (Spain) I love arcade sports games and a mvs collector. I expect i can find help to finish the King of fighters saga, only 98 left.

Regards Albert
JBuenoMD
Please Continue...
eBay: None
Initials: JBC

Post by JBuenoMD »

Hey there greetings from Mexico.

Not much to say about myself, a small time arcade enthusiast with a focus on shooting games. Very rarely post on shmups and the projects siTe, have the same handle in my social media.

Hope to learn a thing or two troubleshooting my monitors and PCBs, lots of seasoned experienced people here. Maybe sometime doing business with some of you too.

Nice to meet you guys!
Sefirosu789
eBay: n/a

Post by Sefirosu789 »

Hi,

Thanks for accepting me on the forum. I'm mostly a console gamer and into CRT's, but one day I'll likely get into arcades, so thought I'd sign up here! :)
Tandgnissle
Please Continue...
eBay: chibi_pingu
Initials: PNG

Post by Tandgnissle »

Hello, another Swedish arcade nut here. Getting back into the hobby now again after a ten year slump shocked how expensive everything is these days. Trying to get into board repairs and generally learning more about what makes these things tick this time around.
LadyBug
eBay: caracol19
Initials: L!B

Post by LadyBug »

Hi everyone!
I'm from Germany.and one of the strangely very very few women who indulge in this hobby. I like maze games (LADY BUG, PENGO, AMIDAR) & shooters (BOSCONIAN GALAXIAN MOON PATROL etc) the most. :-)
Best regards!
Lady Bug
babybearable
Please Continue...
eBay: none
Initials: CAC

Post by babybearable »

Chris here.

Mini cute huntin'