Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by geotrig »

dont show kern your control panel !!! :lol: :awe: nice setup 8-)

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
SBL
Please Continue...
eBay: amiga 1200-nl
Initials: SBL

Post by SBL »

Hi,
I was having fun with Commodore hardware for a long time, a year ago I discovered arcade cabinets are fun too!
Michel, from Holland
Maikumura
eBay: tsom-collector
Initials: A.R

Post by Maikumura »

Hi, I am an arcade addict. My is Anders and I come from Sweden. In 85 or 86 my life as I knew it changed forever, I found Ghost'n Goblins arcade machine at the local mall. I can't really explain what's so special about that game, I do both love it and hate it at the same time ;) Music is great, gameplay is ace, but a true credit muncher as arcade games should be. They regulary changed the games there, I soon fell in love with Wonderboy, Bubble Bubble, Gunsmoke, I can go on forever :D Most of the time I spent watching other people play the games and when I had the money I played myself. I got older the games changed, the last arcade games I remember playing in my hometown was Street Fighter 2: World Warrior and Ghouls'n Ghosts. Life changed, I moved on to University, Got my first PC which I regret til today not saving when it got old. One day I found this nifty program called Mame, which allowed me to play my childhood arcade games on my PC, which was great fun.

PC changed and I moved on to flastscreen, which for Mame was not a good move. Mame does not look good on a modern screen, atleast in my humble opinion. Life moved on, One day I stumbled across a blog about a guy who built his own Mame cab, which planted a seed in my mind. If he can do it, I can do it. What do I want, build one myself or buy a kit to assemble ? Ideas was spinning in my head. I knew for sure I didn't want a LCD screen, one day by a fluke, I got in contact with a guy who sells candycabs he imports from Japan. No offense, if I had grown up with candycabs I might have liked them, but I grew up with arcades madeout of MDF material ;) He didn't have any spare CRT screens, but he gave me tips about a guy who might have some extra for sale. Said and done, I contacted the guy and luckly he had two brand new 20" CRT screens for sale. Now that I had two screens, things moved forward. Do I really want to use Mame or the real thing ? I asked myself. Spent hours after hours on internet reading up on arcade games as much as possible. I decided to go all the way in, got myself a PCB board of a game that is one of my all time favourites, Shinobi :lol: :lol: Got myself all the parts I needed and built a cab, my own design, won't win any design awards :D Slowly building up my own collection of PCB's that I remember from my childhood. Some are cheap, some are expensive to find in original like Bubble Bobble and Psychic 5.

I walked the long hard path, was it worth it ? I think so, I could have chosen the easy path and got myself a vintage cab. Some peole like to buy a Dell computer and is happy with that, however, I am not that kind of person. Some kind of OCD makes me wanna know every component in my computer, so when **** hits the fan, I know what part might have failed, same with arcade. I want to know every component in my cab. So I took up something that I sucked at school, to solder :lol: :lol: :lol: Slowly I started to make my own Jamma harness, I don't like the ready ones you can get from China for some reason, so I decided to make my own Jamma harness. I sincerely hope you all are awake after this wall of text :lol: :lol: :lol:
Birdy1
Please Continue...
eBay: soulofman70
Initials: BOD

Post by Birdy1 »

Hi Mark here

Proud owner of a NEOCANDY 29 which I'm running a MAME PC on. Now looking to start a new project - sourcing a Blast City for use with XBOX 360 etc for vertical schmups at 31khz

Nice to be here
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Rezwalker wrote: October 25th, 2018, 10:29 pm Hey Guys

Im from Montréal Québec

Im a big fan of Candy Cab

Here is my setup

I really love Cave shmup and own most of them & All the Tetris TGM series
so i spend most of my time trying to be a GM and trying 1 CC
atm im working to clear DDP DFK BL !!

Glad to be part of this great community

Long live Candy's !

Rez
That room looks great!
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

Hi , i'm Fabien.
French arcade and neogeo collector.

I comme here for test my bad engrish :awe:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

needaes wrote: October 30th, 2018, 5:27 pm Hi , i'm Fabien.

Herro Fabien! :awe:
nnap
eBay: nnap
Initials: SLY

Post by nnap »

Hi all,

greetings from Switzerland. Have been into arcades for a long time. At some point in time I sold everything. I just got back into it a couple of month ago. My main interest at the moment is thinkering with the arcade PCBs and doing the occasional repair. Still a lot of learn and upgrade some of the tools I already own :D
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

Nice to see you here. :awe:
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

Welcome Silvio...I still remember when i bought that Net City Cab from you! :awe:
nnap
eBay: nnap
Initials: SLY

Post by nnap »

mastercello wrote: November 1st, 2018, 8:16 am Welcome Silvio...I still remember when i bought that Net City Cab from you! :awe:
thanks! Do you still have it or have you moved along to something nicer ;)
fraggle200
eBay: Fraggle200
Initials: Fmd

Post by fraggle200 »

Hi everyone. Frank here. Long time lurker as i've no cabs yet but hopefully that'll all change soon.
RustyR
Please Continue...
eBay: melanied8364
Initials: PDR

Post by RustyR »

Hi All

After years of collecting and playing consoles I finally stumbled into this new world via an Neo Geo MVS one slot and a supergun..... I’m hooked!

Now I just need a Blast City or 3 and a bigger house!
JXZO
Please Continue...
eBay: jakksuu

Post by JXZO »

Hey there!

As a long time video game enthusiast, arcade games have always been a passion of mine. I have always wanted to get a candy cabinet and after living in Japan for a period of time has made me wish for one for a while. Also, I need to practice before going to my local friendly arcade that I frequent whenever I have time.

Let’s have a blast (city)!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

JXZO wrote: November 8th, 2018, 10:06 pm Hey there!

As a long time video game enthusiast, arcade games have always been a passion of mine. I have always wanted to get a candy cabinet and after living in Japan for a period of time has made me wish for one for a while. Also, I need to practice before going to my local friendly arcade that I frequent whenever I have time.

Let’s have a blast (city)!
I'll probably start selling cabs next year. Start saving your money.
lolitslee
Please Continue...
eBay: lthua323
Initials: LTH

Post by lolitslee »

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Japanese cabs but will be getting a New Astro City and Vewlix-L AMI soon. Living in the East coast of USA, it's pretty difficult to come across candy Cabs...

Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Been a long time console gamer and have built many custom wooden cabs but it's not the same.
LordBuru
Please Continue...
eBay: lordsxo
Initials: CRR

Post by LordBuru »

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member of Candy Cab ownership. I have a New Net City, and a Astro City, but have had a MVS 25-4 Ver 2. for sometime, so not entirely new of having arcade cabinets in the home.

I hope that I can pass my knowledge to other, as I have been interested in this stuff for year, but also learn new things.

I am based in Kitchener Ontario, Canada
bcn675
Please Continue...
eBay: bcn675

Post by bcn675 »

I am based in Gibraltar, Europe - been in arcade for a while, just starting to collect my first PCBs. Looking forward to contributing!
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

zak wrote: October 30th, 2018, 7:42 pm
needaes wrote: October 30th, 2018, 5:27 pm Hi , i'm Fabien.

Herro Fabien! :awe:
Hello 8-)
davidcoolman
Please Continue...
eBay: souzouman

Post by davidcoolman »

Good news everyone and Hi ArcadeOtaku people,

I join your nice community to share experiences in fixing arcades and building controls.
Based in France and willing to meet people in real life.

Cheers.
David