Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
discotroll
Please Continue...
eBay: hoodsmg

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by discotroll »

Hi,
I am Sven from Germany and I look for deeper knowledge for my first cab. :)
msjb
Please Continue...
Initials: MSB

Post by msjb »

G'Day from Melbourne Australia!

I'm Marc, I've been a gamer ever since I played my cousin's Atari 2600 way back in the very early 1980's!

Through the years I've been a lucky kid and owned -

Coleco:
ColecoVision

Nintendo:
NES (Deluxe Set), SNES, N64, WiiU, DS & 3DS

SEGA (personal favourite):
Master System, Mega Drive, MultiMega, Saturn, Dreamcast

Microsoft:
XBox Original

SONY:
PS3, PS4 and Vita

Unfortunately, 80% I've sold or traded in for new machines.

Recently, I re-collected my favourite SEGA Master System, Mega Drive and Mega CD games; to bring me back to those childhood memories!

Recommend the Framemeister if you want pixel perfect images (especially for SEGA machines) of retro consoles on your HD plasma/LED TV's of today!

My all time favourite video game is SEGA's Space Harrier. Notable favourites are: Dragon Breed, R-Type series, Truxton series, Golden Axe series, Ghouls n' Ghosts... list just goes on and on!

Great to join the forum! :-)
enkonsierto
Please Continue...
eBay: enkonsierto

Post by enkonsierto »

Hello, I'm Carlos from Spain.

I collect almost everything old systems, but the arcade pcb are the system I love more.

Greetings.
xc7621

Post by xc7621 »

Hello, I am Nick from Auckland NZ.

I own a blast city cab with MV1FZ and Atomiswave board.

I am seeking help for my MVS control issue.

Last weekend I hooked up my Raspberry Pi to the Blast City and it works well.

It's a bit tricky to do so if anyone had question about this I am happy to help.
CEOverlord
Please Continue...

Post by CEOverlord »

Howdy! I'm Matt from the USA, been an avid arcade fan my whole life.

I registered here at Arcade Otaku, because I'm going to take a crack at building a Supergun. I always thought I would own at least one cab by now, but I can't seem to escape being a renter and tend to move around a bit. Hence, Supergun.

Building a Supergun myself should be a fun project for me. I'm looking forward to getting down on some Atomiswave, ST-V, CPS2 and whatever JAMMA PCBs I can dig up! I already own a Consolized MVS and a multi-cart. The NeoGeo is one of my fave systems and takes the lion's share of my arcade gaming memories.

I'm also a big fan of shooters and beat-em-ups. RPGs and platformers of the 8, 16 and 32 bit era are also big wins with me.
Bazz
Please Continue...

Post by Bazz »

Hi,

I'm based in Fairfax, VA and currently trying to import a viewlix clone from china ;)

It's an interesting adventure so far and I'm getting closer to the end and came here to seek some advise.
Newkid3
Please Continue...
eBay: Classicman3
Initials: Kga

Post by Newkid3 »

Hello all. I am new to the site. I grew up in arcades. Love working on them now. It seems every game is a new adventure. I hope to help the community some after i get more experience. I also hope to get some help in those sticky situations. I am from the united states. Live in kentucky.
vectrex
Please Continue...

Post by vectrex »

Thomas here from Austria ... allways interested in Arcade and Console since decades ;) ;)
DIREKTOR
Please Continue...
eBay: leighboucher

Post by DIREKTOR »

Hi my name is Leigh

I'm from Australia and only recently brought my first arcade machine but Im a long time console player. Always intended to build my own but I got a great deal on a genuine Taito Vewlix so I have a great starting point. PS360+ are surprisingly easy to get in Australia (given they seem to be sold out worldwide) so I'm headed down that path to connect up some of my consoles. Might get to MAME and emulators down the track but I love original hardware/software and I have spent years building my collection so that will be my focus.

Hope to learn from some of the great minds on this forum along the way !

Cheers
Leigh
opo55um
Please Continue...

Post by opo55um »

hello,
my name is steven and im from germany. i was playing some arcade games as a little kid. i allways want a original candy cab, now is the right time to get some.
im here to find information about candy cabs and maybee some arcade parts that i need :)
sidstyler
Please Continue...

Post by sidstyler »

Hi!

Stefan from Sweden.

I gotta be honest and say I'm not very well experienced when it comes to arcade related stuff. Though I have an ongoing project to get a nice arcade machine to my workplace and I'm trying to get information about basic stuff for that. Se you all in the threads!
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

sidstyler wrote:Hi!

Stefan from Sweden.

I gotta be honest and say I'm not very well experienced when it comes to arcade related stuff. Though I have an ongoing project to get a nice arcade machine to my workplace and I'm trying to get information about basic stuff for that. Se you all in the threads!
Welcome.. :) Have you found arkadtorget.se yet?
Up the Irons!
Slump
Please Continue...
eBay: el_lilo

Post by Slump »

Hello, I am Slump from France !

I bought my first cab earlier this year to Rklok, a capcom cute.
I have since a few weeks a namco Consolette 18".

And then ... who knows ? :D
DNSDies
Please Continue...
eBay: DNSDies1983
Initials: DJM

Post by DNSDies »

Hi, I'm new here.

Joined because I'm getting into arcade stuff and want to be a part of that community. I'm in the process of building my first supergun, and already own a Neo Geo MVS and some CPS2 stuff.

I'm very self-taught when it comes to stuff, but I've learned how to solder, build electronics, and even design PCBs in Eagle.

I've been into video games since Atari 2600, and still own a lot of my old stuff.
You can see some of my collection here:
http://imgur.com/a/lXxyq
bravojohny
eBay: Cristophorus
Initials: VML

Post by bravojohny »

Hi Arcade Otaker's

My first post here.

Well, I play games since 1990, when I was 10. My first console was a Nintendo Game Boy, and since then I've been playing home systems and about 10 to 15 years ago began collecting most of game platforms released.

I have recent platforms such as PS4, Wii U and Xbox One, but I also collect for old systems. My favourite system by now is NEO GEO AES, but I love most of the retro platforms such as Mega Drive, SNES, and many others.

I'm about to begin with the arcades with a Sega Astro City incoming. Also have a Supergun that allows me to play MVS carts and I want to get more involved with the arcade scene. So, this forum seems to be the right place to get in touch with the arcades.
Loefye
Please Continue...
eBay: Loefye

Post by Loefye »

Hey all. My name is Mike. I used to go by the name "Neo Maikeru" on NG.com, but now universally use "Loefye" there and now here and everywhere else.

I was a member of Arcade Otaku a while ago but mainly just used the selling forums. Odd thing is when I put in my username to this forum(it seems it got a new color scheme and layout) it says username not found...

Anyway I collect MVS kits exclusively. Nice to meet you all and cheers.

PS: Anyone know when we can PM members or post in the selling forums, for some reason it won't let me and I want someone's Aerofighters kit.
FrostySpazkins
Please Continue...
eBay: frostypawz21
Initials: BNP

Post by FrostySpazkins »

Hey everyone,

My name is Brent. I've been looking at purchasing an arcade cabinet for some time now, and looking for any help on the matter

I've just always had a passion for arcade games. I been thinking over the past few months on if I wanted to get a cabinet, and now I have decided to act on it. I'm really into fighting games, from the late 90's to present day

Particularly interested in Astro City, Blast City, Lindbergh, and Vewlix models.

Thank you, and have a nice day!
docevil000
Please Continue...

Post by docevil000 »

Hi I'm Dustin, I just recently got into Neo Geo and CPS 2 boards. Built my first and second supergun recently and working on a 3rd.
zazi77

Post by zazi77 »

Hi guys, I'm happy to join your community and w arcade :)
spaggeyhoops
Please Continue...
eBay: everclear20052

Post by spaggeyhoops »

Howdo everyone...

Nice to join the forum, looking for some advice on Naomi's which Ill post separately.

Cheers