Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
suicider
Please Continue...
eBay: suicidekiller

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by suicider »

drboom wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:38 pm Hey all - been around other forums for years - shmups, Cave STG when that was running, written reviews on arcade titles, had a blog forever and finally registered here after being a lurker for a long time.
Hi there, interesting avatar you have. Are you into game music vinyl?
drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

Thanks rancor! 👍 And yes, huge VGM fan and record collector (and dealer) so I have a small but growing VGM LP collection.
tenyosensei
eBay: tenyo_kn

Post by tenyosensei »

Hi from Italy.
Wonderful wiki and forum, I'm learning a lot.
I hope to buy my first candycab soon ... fallen in love in my last trip to Japan :D
arcadeadriano
Please Continue...
eBay: adriano_cool
Initials: AGW

Post by arcadeadriano »

Hi Guys!!! adrian here!!!
CGQuarterly
Please Continue...
eBay: c.alaimo
Initials: CPA

Post by CGQuarterly »

Hello. Chris here. Found this site while doing some research on my Sega Astro City cab.
diegodavalosg
Please Continue...
eBay: diego_davalosg
Initials: DDG

Post by diegodavalosg »

Hi, I'm Diego from Paraguay and I have a Konami Domy Jr.
parkbenchi
Please Continue...
eBay: bunglebeezley
Initials: BBB

Post by parkbenchi »

Him I'm from the UK. Very in to my arcades. Nice to meet you all and thanks for having me.
Invader
eBay: mathias_graf77

Post by Invader »

Hi my name is Mathias and I'm from Switzerland

Since I'm new here I shortly like to introduce myself. When I was 6 years old in 1983 I received my first computer, an IBM PC XT with 4 color CGA, yeay (My father was working for IBM) where I developed my love for computer games. One of the first games I remember playing is space invaders. During my childhood I had many pc's and consoles, with my first playstation I started to modify the systems by soldering in mod chips ; ) After being distracted now almost 2 decades with studies and jobs I rediscovered my love for old computer games a couple of years ago. I re-obtained almost all consoles from my childhood (and many more I never had as a child) equipped them with everdrives, soft or hard mods coupled with a couple of great CRT's. Over my beloved neo geo I started to discover (embarrassingly ~1 year ago) that the best 2d pixel games are actually on arcade boards and started to collect arcade pcb's and connect them over my supergun to my CRT. So far I have a darksoft modded CPS2, Taito F3 and a Sega STV, and several un-modded pcb's. I just obtained a eprom programmer to get more into the material. :)

It is actually great to see how vivid and alive the arcade scene is here in this board :D
Treloco
Please Continue...
eBay: louloudito

Post by Treloco »

Hi all! Always loved the arcades but didn't really have the money-space to own one!
erstervonelf
eBay: 1von11
Initials: IOI

Post by erstervonelf »

Hi, my name is Mario. I‘m a great fan of R-Type II. I have build my own R-Type II arcade cabinet. You can follow me on Twitter @ersterv0nelf.

Greetings
Mario
Lucky
Please Continue...
eBay: Jonotheboy

Post by Lucky »

Hey everyone,

Just bought an old Blast City cabinet that someone stripped and turned into a MAME machine. Hoping to undo some of the damage that's been done to it and at least make it look presentable.
5urge
Please Continue...
eBay: kornysb
Initials: 5RG

Post by 5urge »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sergio and I go by the gaming tag is "urge and arcade high score is 5RG.

I'm a big time reader first time poster. I'm currently working on a Vewlix Clone from Arcade Worx that I am heavily modifying.

I'll be posting a work log of some kind and will no doubt look to you guys for some guidance as this is my first arcade build.
DeWitt
Please Continue...
eBay: nischw_9074

Post by DeWitt »

Hello everyone,
I'm a long time Neo Geo fan and I'm happy to join this forum!

When I was a kid I always played Neo Geo games on vacation in Italy. It was quite cheep to play some games down there and I loved it!!! Puzzle Bobble and Metal Slug 3 where my favorite games. Too bad that back in the days there were no Arcade Games in my area so I had to wait for my next vacation in Italy... Later on when it was possible to play Neo Geo games via emulation on the PC I played them there. It was nice to play them but not as good as on real HW.

11 year ago I bought a MVS board and last year a Neo Geo cabinet. I love playing on it! My wife was so kind and allowed me to place it in our living room:-)

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gkvom2tzne9s ... xwMTa?dl=0

I know it’s not a big red but I’m happy to own my own cab.

I have no idea where it came from and how many of them around. The game in there had seals of 94 on it. But who knows?! Does anyone there knows General Game-Intervideo? I don't and it would be cool to know a bit more about this thing. Some guys at the neo geo forum pointed out that it is some kind of a Neo Geo RIT Legno but I could not find mine. May be I'm to stupid to search at Vintage Arcade Game Society who knows?! On google I found some that look quite similar but not like mine.

Thank you for having me here!
Firehawk
eBay: firehawkgrb

Post by Firehawk »

Hello,

Small introduction.
I'm a friend of Sp33dFr3ak and now I have finally my own cabinet. Sega Astro City since 3 weeks.
Sp33dFr3ak helps me alot with information and setting it up.

Have a MVS board now so can already play. Great experience playing on the real deal.

Unfortanely I have a problem with my monitor now but unable to post there yet.

Greetings,
Firehawk
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Welcome buddy :)
MasonB15
Please Continue...
eBay: masonb15
Initials: MWB

Post by MasonB15 »

Hello all! My name is Mason. I've got a Sega Blast City that I'm currently torn between giving a complete overhaul and selling it due to space and moving reasons. This forum seems to be the greatest source of information on candy cabs, hence the registration. Hoping to learn a lot.
BentleyBear
Please Continue...
eBay: witchdemon
Initials: MCP

Post by BentleyBear »

Hi !

My name is Casper. Hope to make some post on the forum soon.Finally got hold of a New Net City cabinet for my gameroom after a long search :-D
Elfito69
eBay: elfito69
Initials: HGA

Post by Elfito69 »

Hey
New to the forum, glad to be here
gr0don
Please Continue...
eBay: gr0don

Post by gr0don »

Hi, Just staring out with arcade collecting. It is great to have places like this with helpful people :)
Neiltendo
eBay: tootled

Post by Neiltendo »

Hi, all! Just getting in arcade PCBs and cabinets coming from an obsession with (mostly Nintendo) retro consoles.