Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by FrancoB »

Someone remind me where the ignore button is again :think:
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

kernow wrote:
FrancoB wrote:Someone remind me where the ignore button is again :think:
We need a new page on registration

'Did IDCHAPPY recommend you join arcadeotaku yes/no'
'You answered yes, please fill out this simple 10 question literacy and pre-screening test'
'Did you come from JAMMA+'
*user clicks yes*
'I'm sorry please try again in 12 months'
:lol: So cruel.... :(
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

:awe: :spam: :awe:
:spam: :awe: :spam:
:awe: :spam: :awe:

Just like IDCHAPPY's posts, minus the :awe:
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

I'm being mauled in here :awe:
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

FrancoB wrote:Someone remind me where the ignore button is again :think:
Rugalbgood
Please Continue...

Post by Rugalbgood »

Hi, I'm Ed. I have a (fairly small) collection of PCBs; joined mainly because I'm scouring to find a Taito Type X and Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou.
partybrian5000

Post by partybrian5000 »

Hey fellas, joined to find out more information about candy cabs in the UK after hints at Jamma+ about this place, plus you guys have lots of question and answer threads and I want to know as much as possible about how everything works cabinet/board wise before I commit to buying anything. Thanks for having me!

Also hello IDCHAPPY you were really nice on J+ too!
astrocitynoob
Please Continue...

Post by astrocitynoob »

Hi!

Just bought my first arcade cab -- an Astro City.

Thanks everyone for making this forum a great resource for newbies! Been reading and learning a lot.
Porl
Please Continue...
eBay: melvisbrevel
Initials: PTB

Post by Porl »

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm really new to arcade collecting and playing and sort out a forum to get some geeky chat going :)

When I was a teenager in the 90s I was always heading off to the local arcades, or video shops with arcade cabinets in around town and pumping all my pocket money in to them. I had a couple of consoles back then like the megadrive and SNES (when I traded the megadrive in) but was always a little dissappointed with the arcade conversions on the home systems.

Anyway a few years ago when I got a flat with my sister and her boyfriend I found out that he had a Supergun. I'd never heard of one of these and when I realised it played actual acade games I was insanely jealous!! :lol: I couldn't believe you could play the real deal on your TV at home and it wouldn't take up the room a cabinet does. I got straight on the internet to see if I could get one myself but the prices we're insane and that put play to me ever owning one.

Until this month! :awe: A few months ago I'd seen the homebrew Sega Neptune mod on the internet and was absolutely itching to try and make one. But having never touched a soldering iron in my life because i was always too scared to have a go, daft I know, I thought it would be beyond me. Well I got my spare megadrive and what i was hoping was a working 32x and after a quick lesson on how to do soldering from an electrical enginneer friend I got to it. A few weeks later and the Neptune didn't work but I'd learnt how to solder!

I got back on the internet, sourced the parts needed and made my own Supergun which I finished 2 weeks ago! :awe: :awe:

I've since added in a kick harness adapter port to the back ready for when I pick up Streetfigher Alpha and Darkstalkers at the end of the month. Made my own kick-harness which i'll test when I get the games. Got a 1-slot Neo-geo MVS and 2 games and made a stereo adapter for that and just making the finishing touches to a scratch built 6 button arcade stick for the CPS2 games.

Im hooked! haha

So yeah, enough rambling there. See you on the boards :)

Porl''

--- http://www.porlzilla.com"
popeye1976
Please Continue...
eBay: magnus-2009

Post by popeye1976 »

Hi,

I'm a belgian arcade pcb collector, arcade games from late 80' are my favorite ones .
bury

Post by bury »

Hey Guys!

My name is Bartek. I'm here to learn about arcade cabinets 'cause one day I'd like to own one:)
WINNOWING
eBay: winnowing444
Initials: WIN

Post by WINNOWING »

Hi,

I am Robert and I've been collecting games all my life. My path to arcade machines was a little bit slower. First I started with Pump It Up GX cabinet (yes a dancing game) with Exceed 2 and followed with Zero, NX and recently Fiesta EX 2011 games.

Now I also have 2 Sega Naomi Cabs, one with Naomi 2 and one with TriForce. I would love to get a Jamma > JVS board to get old JAMMA PCBs working with Naomi :D
Who are you? - Rufus
exSOLDIER first class - Cloud
AVALANCHE! - Barret
Me Also - Tifa
I am flowergirl from the market! - Aeris
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Howdy new people :wave:
montymole

Post by montymole »

Hi I'm Monty I love candy cabs and uprights ...my candy is a Sega astro city...my upright is a mamma karnovs revenge that is running cps2 goodies like ST...hoping to meet cool people
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Welcome new peeps :)
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Hey guys. Just signed up, but have visited here in the past.

I bought my Neo Candy 29 over ten years ago from Arcade Infinity. I think I paid $350 for it. A friend drove it from California to Colorado for me. It was originally meant to be a fairly stock cabinet with a PC in it for emulation, but the PC died soon after, and I've been using PCBs ever since. I really love it, but I'm a shmups kinda guy, and you can only have the monitor installed vertically in that cab if you leave the back panel off. This was acceptable until I came to own pets!

If you played Salamander 2 at last year's Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show, you played on this machine!

Recently, I've picked up a handful of classics as well as a New Astro City to the collection. The NAC is now my dedicated vertical cabinet. I have some questions about it (where to find new locks and keys, for example), so I thought I'd sign up.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

acridAxid wrote:Hey guys. Just signed up, but have visited here in the past.
Hi d00d, and welcome.
acridAxid wrote: I have some questions about it (where to find new locks and keys, for example), so I thought I'd sign up.
Richy13 is the guy to speak to. Click here to send him a PM

HTH

Cheers,

Ralph.
eldiau
Please Continue...

Post by eldiau »

Hi all, I'm Diego from Italy. I have a "woody" arcade cabinet from the 80s with mame on which I was able to play few bullet hell shmups (dodondpachi over all) this and a very nice trip to japan got me hooked to japan style controllers and cabinets!

I do not have space for another cab so I bought a naomi control panel with the whole "plastic box". I want to mod it into something like a Sega Virtua Stick HSS-0136 to play games on my TV. I'm interested in how to work with plastic, cutting, painting and glueing to start playing on a proper control panel!
nagaiyen
Please Continue...

Post by nagaiyen »

Hi

My name is Long and I'm from Canada. I have 2 blast citys and 1 OK baby cab. It's always been a dream of mine to own arcade cabinets, and now that I have them, my life is full of happiness!

I'd like to post a question about a problem I'm having with my blast city cabinets, but it seems to be restricted. How can I get access? Thanks!
RightDownPunch

Post by RightDownPunch »

Hey Everyone.

I like arcade stuff and this site has been very helpful to me. I've only have woody cabinets and a supergun at the moment but I am looking to get back a few candy cabs again.