Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Ikaru

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Ikaru »

Hello all!
I live in Paris and play on arcade cabinets since 12 years.
I lost a lot of money with my passion .
Nice to be on AO.
ohfivepro
Please Continue...
eBay: geppyx
Initials: PS!

Post by ohfivepro »

Hi, Paul / ohfivepro from Edinburgh here. I've been playing arcade games since I was a kid in the early 80s and have only just started to pick up a few pcbs for myself. Very lucky to live near the excellent Konbo Arcade Cafe so that's where I get most of my gaming done these days. Look forward to chatting about arcade games here and picking up some tips on the technical side of things, of which I currently have no clue!!
batman
Please Continue...

Post by batman »

Hello

My name is Cyril from France

I’m an older in arcade, more than 15 years now.
I have 5 arcade machine at home, 2 New Astro city, 1 aero city, 1 Naomi, and 1 custom with lcd screen and xbox360 inside made by myself

Thank you to add me inside your community, hope we will share our passions for arcade

See you

Cyril
divx18
Please Continue...
eBay: k06510
Initials: klt

Post by divx18 »

Hi am divx18 living in France I own 18 arcade s racecabs and cabinets Sega and Namco I am new
kkcloak
Please Continue...
eBay: 55chevy210ht
Initials: SRD

Post by kkcloak »

Hi,

Stephane from Canada.

i've been collecting arcade cabinets for about 5 years now and now got my first candy (sega blast city) and it was dirty i had completely strip/dissemble and clean up (bleach/spraynine) not looks and smells like new ;)

i'm also on the KLOV & Johns Arcade forums has well.
iGaroux
Please Continue...
eBay: Segabiohazard
Initials: Gku

Post by iGaroux »

Hello, my name is chris own two cabinets a new net city and a atomiswave sd
Great to be here !
bVork
Please Continue...
eBay: bvorkitup
Initials: RDP

Post by bVork »

Hi, I'm bVork. I have a few PCBs and a Supergun. I've decided that I hate having money, so I'm going to collect more arcade stuff.
EvilRob
eBay: ID utente him_evilrob

Post by EvilRob »

Hi i'am EvilRob and love world arcade :)
QBMax
Please Continue...
eBay: pezh92

Post by QBMax »

Hello,

This is Peter From Shenzhen China. I love arcade games.
Stytch
Please Continue...
eBay: Import_Freek
Initials: STY

Post by Stytch »

Hello everyone. I am very new to the arcade scene. I bought my first Astro City about 6 months ago and it arrived with a nonworking monitor. I hope to make some new friends here on my journey to getting this baby working. I love Japan and I love old arcade machines, so this place seems like a good fit. I've already met great people locally that are into the hobby, so I really look forward meeting more of you.
Sehrlange
eBay: hugo.ramirez
Initials: HER

Post by Sehrlange »

Hello, i'm Hugo.

I grew up and spent a lot of time going to local arcades in late 80's in Mexico, currently working to restore a Super Neo 29 type II.
Transcending History and the World.
dRwH0
Please Continue...
eBay: NoFeedback
Initials: DRW

Post by dRwH0 »

Hello!!

My name is Chronis and I come from Greece. As I child I grew up smashing those arcade buttons at every local store. Pinballs too ofc... My parents, at some point, had to buy me a home-micro computer just to keep me a "bit" more occupied at home, rather to see me spending all that dough at the arcades!

Anyhoo, I recently managed to buy a Naomi Universal Cabinet, which now decorates (in fully working order) my office. I'm in the process of refurbishing it and upgrading it (panel with more buttons, maybe install a NetDimm , etc) and will surely need all the help I can get!
Trifle
Please Continue...
eBay: xtrifle

Post by Trifle »

Hi all,

Newly signed up here, but had arcade bits 'n' bobs around for a few years now.
Looking forward to fixing up a few things!
Exleb
Please Continue...
eBay: Donthaveone

Post by Exleb »

Hey all

New to the forums but a long time reader.

Looking forward to mixing in.
y2jdmbfan
Please Continue...
eBay: y2jdmbfan

Post by y2jdmbfan »

Hey guys, just signed up, I'm here looking for info on getting my Konami GX board with Run & Gun 2 game board to run with a supergun. Hopefully someone will be able to help! New to Superguns, looks like just what I am looking for before I take the leap to building a standup machine.
Caseh
Please Continue...
eBay: Caseh
Initials: GTE

Post by Caseh »

Ello,

Have been looking into buying a cabinet for a while now and off the back of a recent visit to Bury, it's been decided that it absolutely has to be a Japanese Candy. Currently in the midst of a house move so it's slot in the new man cave has been reserved hopefully pending a purchase through one of the members here.

Things have changed a little since I owned a few uprights about 20 years back, I guess the days of picking games up like Willow and Shinobi for £25 are long gone! Out of curiosity, is there any reason I can't see the marketplace as that's what initially led me to the forum off the back of checking cabinet dimensions on the wiki.
Highflyer
Please Continue...
eBay: HighflyerVII
Initials: LAF

Post by Highflyer »

Hi all!

Huge rhythm gamer, started playing DDR on my 11th birthday and nearly 18 years later haven't looked back. Over that time taught myself how to fix and maintain cabinets and have worked for several arcades on general maintenance, particularly focusing on the rhythm action genre of titles, but dabbling beyond that.

More recently (in the last few years) been helping some arcades diversify their portfolios through importing and now starting to spread that service out a little more :)
Liquidus0
eBay: liquidus0
Initials: GLS

Post by Liquidus0 »

Hi everyone ! Bonjour à tous !

My name is Guillaume, I am 31, from Montréal.

I am a big video games collector. I changed my way of collecting in early 2018 to allow myself to explore the arcade world

An evening at one of my fellow collector's house is all it took. Seeing his 6 candy cabs and almost full set of Cave pcb gave me the fever to start building a collection of my own. I already had a lot of Neo Geo MVS games, which I love collecting, but nothing else JAMMA.

Now I have a nice setup with 4 candy cabs, 2 MVS cabs and a couple of pcbs.

I do not only collect. I play a lot too ! Trying to do 1CCs, with one shmup at a time. I managed to beat a couple so far. Blazing Star being the one I am the most proud so far !

Looking forward to have good discussions with you guys !
SOVTH
Please Continue...
eBay: SOVTH-089
Initials: EME

Post by SOVTH »

Hello!

My name is Erik and I am from South Carolina. I am totally new to the hobby. It started down the path of collecting video games... now I want a Candy Cab! Looking to learn a lot more about the hobby and meet new people!
Gateaublaster
eBay: Superkonkonbre
Initials: BUT

Post by Gateaublaster »

Hi there everyone !
Name is Gateaublaster, new to the game, but a longtime arcade enthusiast.
Been snooping around the forum for awhile now, but just signed in because I bought an arcade a about a month ago and will need all the help and knowledge I can find :D
Cuz I've been getting in deeper and deeper since then ><
Got a lot of noob questions, eagerly want to know and learn more, hoping this will be the place where I'll find all that ... and maybe more ^^
Looking forward to chat with y'all !