Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
ace5
Please Continue...

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ace5 »

hi from the uk into anthing arcade retro style
chahoua
Please Continue...
eBay: chahoua
Initials: AAH

Post by chahoua »

Hi party people. I'm an old school arcade fan that got into candy cabs in the last year. Picked up a Naomi Uni and a netboot setup. Hopefully I'll be adding another cab soon.
aguichor
Please Continue...

Post by aguichor »

Hello there,

juste a little Hi from France, I'm 38 years old, and sometimes gamer (with up and down), I have many consoles (rgb fan!) and proud owner of 2 candy cabs (Sega NNC and Taito Egret II)

Peace! ;)
dannz
Please Continue...
Initials: das

Post by dannz »

Hi all from down in NZ. I just bought my first cab - a blast city that i plan on restoring.
PascalP
Please Continue...
eBay: peule_p
Initials: PPP

Post by PascalP »

Hi guys,

I'm Pascal from the Netherlands, 30 years old and quite new to the wonderful world of arcade gaming!
My passion for gaming started with first NES which I still own.
Most of my collection consisted of NES, SNES and N64 up to now.

I got an Electrocoin 6 slot MVS cab a few months ago and really took a liking for the arcade over my other retro consoles and games!
Most recent purchases for my cab are Hyper Street Fighter II, Killer Instinct 2 and Final Fight, but for these games I want to buy an additional candy cab in the future to keep my MVS cab dedicated for MVS.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Welcome blue boys :fastlove:
kriptoney
Please Continue...
eBay: kriptoney

Post by kriptoney »

hi!

I'm from Spain! I have a Astro City to restore, I am very excited about the project and hope to share experiences about it.

My wife will not let me have the astro city at home until finalize restore it :(
Herb
Please Continue...
Initials: HLD

Post by Herb »

Hi my name is Herb. I'm from NJ and I recently over the last year got into MVS Gaming with a CMVS. I plan on getting a Super fun in the near future so I can delve into CPS1/2.
mann0mann
Please Continue...
eBay: mikeytaramikey
Initials: DAD

Post by mann0mann »

Hi name is Mike. Been an arcade collector for several years now. Have about 12 dedicated cabinets. Owned about 50 over time. Just got my first candy, a sega NAC. Here to learn more about these cabs

Longtime member at BYOAC and KLOV. Look forward to being part of this community as well
tof08
Please Continue...

Post by tof08 »

bonjour
je m'appelle christophe ( tof )
age 34 ans
je suis de france
g est decouvert depuit peut le monde de l arcade suite a l achat d une mortal kombat 2
desoler pour mon anglais
MikeHaggar89
Please Continue...

Post by MikeHaggar89 »

Hi all! I used to work as a games tester with sony in the northwest of england so I do love my video games.

Currently bored of the modern video game scene so got all obsessed with retro again. Used to own a supergun back in the late 90s then got into mame but just wasn't the same playing those old classics on a HD monitor so now decided I want me a mame cabinet with a proper CRT monitor! Can't seem to find anyone to build me one and heard about this site where I have already spoke with a couple of cool guys who directed me here.

So with any luck should have myself a new cabinet and play those old classics the way they were meant to be played!

Glad to be here!
mrhanman
Please Continue...
eBay: mr_han_man

Post by mrhanman »

Hey,

Saw this site recommended on the jamma+ forums, where I've recently purchased a couple of arcade PCBs (Sunset Riders and, my all time favourite, Final Fight).

Like MikeHaggar89, I've grown weary of modern gaming so looking back to my youth. I'm very new to arcade, and it came as a bit of a revelation that you could play arcade games at home without the need for a cab (I have a very nice supergun made by RGB on the shmups forum).

I'll be looking for more PCBs and stuff on the marketplace, so looking forward to hopefully transacting with some of you soon.
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

Hi to all new members. :D
Up the Irons!
Unclepeter66
Please Continue...
eBay: Unclepeter66

Post by Unclepeter66 »

Hi, I'm Pete and I'm quite old so I tend to like old stuff, (but not necessarily other old people) !
Westerlykraig
Please Continue...

Post by Westerlykraig »

Hello to all people, i living near to barcelona and I have a new astro city in my flat thanks to my wife's mercy.

i like arcade/console games from the 1985 to 2000 period and i try to play 30 min every day in my NAC, it's good for health :D

i found this forum quite interesting and decided to get into this marvellous comunity.

Thanks ppl :)
unofficialitguy
Please Continue...
eBay: bass_hit
Initials: MRB

Post by unofficialitguy »

Hey all,

My name is Marty. I'm 30 and live in Texas. I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. My wife bought me a Neo Geo MVS for my birthday in 2014 and I just picked up my first candy cab recently. The Neo Geo platform is great but I decided to look into adding a few dedicated JAMMA boards to the mix.

Outside of gaming, I do tech support for pro audio and video applications and enjoy editing short movies. Recently I've been recording and editing slo-mo videos sho at 240 fps. It's been coming out pretty cool so far.

I'll be taking a look around the boards and posting/adding to the conversation where I can.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

Hi, I am Asayuki Kizuyomina.
I am an hardware designer who will always be 15 years old. My blood type is A. I was born on Remuria, but now live on Earth for professional reasons.
I recently woke up from a very very long nightmare: no matter what I tried (home computers, toys, consoles, soundtracks, emulators, etc.) I was never able to feel those games I was grown up with as mine. My mission is to face the Brawshella enemy that sits into broken arcade PCBs, as I find it funnier to fix the boards where my favourite games run, rather than playing them. I joined AO to dig deeper in the PCB hardware threads, profit from other people's knowlege but also give back to the community by sharing my repair logs.
My 15kHz cabinet will never power up, with any items. I am quite proud of that, and I am sure quite some other otakus on this forum will certainly approve.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
djjimmyjames

Post by djjimmyjames »

Hi
Im Jim, love arcade gaming. I am a member over at neo-geo forums and saw a link over to RGBs supergun thread. I figured I would make an account and say hi.
TechnicalMonkey
Please Continue...
eBay: csdzx
Initials: CSD

Post by TechnicalMonkey »

I'm into ST/GMC and, hard to emulate never released fighting games. I like streaming arcade games from the motherboard directly without the aid of scalers of any kind (and very successful at it IMO.)
metalmonkey
Please Continue...

Post by metalmonkey »

Hello I'm Adrian from the UK - I have CPS1 & 2 and Naomi hardware and games.