Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Lawlerz
Please Continue...
Initials: CAM

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Lawlerz »

Hello
I'm Cam
Central Canada area, have a couple machines I look after and get pulled out couple times a year.
Pretty fun hobby to kill time though now I'm bashing my head against the wall trying to fix one hopefully this forum can help.

Cheers
Timelessness
Please Continue...

Post by Timelessness »

:awe: Hello from Tennessee! I'm a fighting game enthusiast. I've been collecting arcade boards for the last 8 years!
Lurker
Please Continue...

Post by Lurker »

Greetings from the Mile-High (Denver, CO)! Been collecting and repairing hardware as a hobby for 10 years now. Ive got a couple of cabs and about 20+ games.

Always looking to help out others with repairs or projects.
Msoft
Please Continue...

Post by Msoft »

Hello !
Recently fallen in the arcade trap after a few euros spent in a quite cool arcade room in Paris, I bought a vewlix and now try to convince my wife that a second one (15khz) would make us happier than a fourth child :awe:
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Welcome to the forums guys :awe:
Lawlerz wrote:...I'm bashing my head against the wall trying to fix one hopefully this forum can help.
Check or post it the Q&A sections. I'm sure someone can help you out :thumbup:
Msoft wrote:I bought a vewlix and now try to convince my wife that a second one (15khz) would make us happier than a fourth child :awe:
That can't end well :lolno:
sebk11
Please Continue...
Initials: k11

Post by sebk11 »

Hi ! French Cps2/Cps3 fan, I play on my NAC for 3 years now. I've been reading the forum for years.
jalpert
Please Continue...

Post by jalpert »

Hey. My name is Jim and I wanted to register here and start a topic about Taiko No Tatsujin. I'm going to be receiving my arcade unit version 14 and wanted to connect with other people who own the game and ask some questions / get advice. Also, I have the kits for 7,8,9 and 10, but I'm looking for 11,12 and 13.
beh3moth
Please Continue...
eBay: Praxium76

Post by beh3moth »

Hey there, its Mark (beh3moth) - some of you might know me from the neo-geo.com and the 'old' killercabs forums, if you do then hi - long time no see :D
And if you don't know me already, I'm very pleased to meet you! :)

I've been a long-time collector of arcade cabinets and games, was out of the scene for a while, but recently got back into it and I'm now collecting again. :)
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Hi guys :D
jalpert wrote:Hey. My name is Jim and I wanted to register here and start a topic about Taiko No Tatsujin. I'm going to be receiving my arcade unit version 14 and wanted to connect with other people who own the game and ask some questions / get advice. Also, I have the kits for 7,8,9 and 10, but I'm looking for 11,12 and 13.
A TnT - wow :awe: I hope you post some pics of it once it arrives. Nice with some oddities among all the candies here :thumbup:
WilliamsArcadeHome
Please Continue...

Post by WilliamsArcadeHome »

Hey everyone, I'm Will. Been into Arcade hardware collecting since 2006. Retired for a few years and in the last two years got back into the hobby. I host monthly Arcade meet ups at my place and really enjoy sharing this hobby with my local So Cal retro gaming community. Looking forward to meeting new collectors on here and sharing what little knowledge I know about Arcade hardware.
GermanGameRoom
Please Continue...
Initials: JTP

Post by GermanGameRoom »

WilliamsArcadeHome wrote:Hey everyone, I'm Will. Been into Arcade hardware collecting since 2006. Retired for a few years and in the last two years got back into the hobby. I host monthly Arcade meet ups at my place and really enjoy sharing this hobby with my local So Cal retro gaming community. Looking forward to meeting new collectors on here and sharing what little knowledge I know about Arcade hardware.
So Cal? Nice :awe:
I guess you are into fighting games then? :P
LJN wrote:YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD.
GAME OVER
WilliamsArcadeHome
Please Continue...

Post by WilliamsArcadeHome »

Yep I'm a little bit into fighters. I have a wide range of platformers, puzzlers and sports games also that I setup. I also have a few Sony 29" PVM's and BVM's setup for retro console gaming through crisp vibrant RGB. Gotta have a wide range of variety for my guest to play if not things can get boring and typical real quick.
ghego
eBay: ghego_99

Post by ghego »

Hi. Name's Francesco, grown up in arcades during the Golden era (the 80s that is). Cannot afford to collect real deal stuff for financial and space reasons so I keep memories alive mainly with artworks.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

ghego wrote:Hi. Name's Francesco, grown up in arcades during the Golden era (the 80s that is). Cannot afford to collect real deal stuff for financial and space reasons so I keep memories alive mainly with artworks.
A ton of artworks. :awe:

Welcome to AO! :)
Emulation's nice when done well
fredjss
Please Continue...
eBay: fredsouza
Initials: FRE

Post by fredjss »

Hello everybody,

My name is Fred and I'm from Brazil. I lived the golden age (80's), so I like so much of arcades. I have some pcbs and recently I got my CPS2 Consolized Multigame. It´s a good gadget... I hope that we have new games from CPS2 and CPS1 and others....
Fred Jorge
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Welcome Francisco,

I think I've bought a few Psikyo arts from you on eBay.

Great to see you here.

Cheers,

Ralph.
myklindle
Please Continue...
eBay: Mikelovessusie
Initials: Msl

Post by myklindle »

Hello Arcade Otaku Community

Long time Vaps guy here.

I currently have a Scramble MAME Cab, an Asteroids, a Mouse Trap, and up until last week a Galaxian cab.

I sold my favorite Galaxian Cab, Drove out west 1400 miles round trip for my first Candy.

88 Gallons of gas later I know own a 1993 Jaleco Pony Mark IV

I intend to decommission my Naomi super-gun, and Put MvC2 and Cvs2 in their rightful home.

Im excited to be part of the community, its been 10 years in the making, I've already learned so much from the wiki, and look forward to accessing the marketplace where I intend to Look for a 6 button control panel, to replace my 4 button.

Thanks!
RascalUK
Please Continue...
Initials: PMC

Post by RascalUK »

Aloha,

Paul from Manchester. Former videogames journalist now big into the retro collecting scene. Built myself a MAME cab 18 months ago which got me started, now finishing off my Neo Geo with real arcade hardware and loving the ride.

Keen to learn about the electronics side of things too (after nearly setting fire to my house twice during the Mame build - I have a forgiving wife ;-)

Glad to be here! :-)
itruk

Post by itruk »

Long time lurker here. I'm a member of various 'cade sites, so thought, why not make myself known :)

Currently hunting for a Nintendo Cab and a Universal Naomi that I can use for spares to renovate my Crazy Taxi machine :)
loscanones

Post by loscanones »

I own a couple of Sega cabinets (among other machines)...plenty projects and modifications ongoing, so i will hang around here...for a while.