Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
ThomasM
Limited English Skills
eBay: Picci-ma

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ThomasM »

Helloooo

Are Thomas, child of my Papa 'Max (ThomasM) Very happy to be here :) I did yesterday 9 Years !!! hahahaha.
Favourite game: Metal Slug! Thank you all !!! :lol:
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Welcome Thomas, please read the marketplace rules before posting items for sale, thank you :)
awadswor
Please Continue...
eBay: RU_Battleship
Initials: AEW

Post by awadswor »

Hello all. This looks like a great forum! I am in the market for a Namco JVS to JAMMA Adaptor so I have joined in the hopes of attaining one. Thanks!
buuhtsmelz
Please Continue...

Post by buuhtsmelz »

Hi, new to the forum, would like to become part of your Otaku of Arcadessss. Love arcades, LOVE IT.
airs
Please Continue...

Post by airs »

Hey whats up guys. Excited to be a new member here! Here's a pic of my first arcade game setup and running a few days ago:

fire10

Post by fire10 »

Hi guys the names Ant, grew up playing wrestlefest, streetfighter 2 and golden axe now im old enough to have my own cabinet. whoohoo
Stompp
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Hello folks and welcome :awe: Please take a minute to read the rules if you haven't already.
JonasE
Please Continue...
eBay: jonas8088
Initials: JEL

Post by JonasE »

Hi,

Interested in most technical things, very much including arcade stuff. I love playing games, fixing boards, designing HW and SW. Currently working as a SW engineer.

Best regards, Jonas
furl410
Please Continue...
eBay: furl410

Post by furl410 »

Hello form Los Angeles, CA. I'm trying to post in the Q&A area and can't start a topic. Can anyone help with hooking a CRT/VGA monitor to a PC running Hyperspin? I get a triple picture when i plug into the Seag Astro Cabinet? Please someone help or can guide me in the correct direction?
DrChaos
Please Continue...

Post by DrChaos »

Greetings from Germany

I was reading this forum for quite a while. I had my first wood cabinet about 10 years ago, but I sold it when I moved. So I am not totally new to home arcade.
But now I bought a cheap Naomi, so I thought it is time to register here!

I already have some questions regarding the JVSy...
satanic
Please Continue...

Post by satanic »

Hello, i am Chris...my registration has a little bit bad story, cause i need contact details to shadaloo.eu/Chris. I ordered some Namco Noir Repro Panel at 25.may and some other sutff, they got my money, but no feedback since over one month.
Kazuya
Please Continue...

Post by Kazuya »

Hi everybody, I just registered because ArcadeOtaku is the best European arcade site. I always find answers to my problems. I just bought a Namco Blanc Cabinet. Thank you
raik

Post by raik »

Hi guys!
Raik, I'm from France (yet it happens...) I've been working in video game industry for years and fond of video games.
Used to building bartops but finally got my first japanese generic cabinet, a neat New Astro City and here I am!
Stompp
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Hi guys and welcome aboard :awe:

Kul att se dig här, Jonas!!
satanic wrote:Hello, i am Chris...my registration has a little bit bad story, cause i need contact details to shadaloo.eu/Chris. I ordered some Namco Noir Repro Panel at 25.may and some other sutff, they got my money, but no feedback since over one month.
Sorry to hear :( I'm sure someone here can get you in touch with Chris. You could try with Ronnie (rklok). I think they know each other.
longobongo
Please Continue...
eBay: longobongo

Post by longobongo »

Hello everybody, name's Longobongo from Toronto, Canada.

Just purchased a Naomi Universal Cabinet here and was hoping to restore it as a summer project. My unit looks to work fine but is really dirty. Looking forward to taking it apart and giving it a good clean. :awe:
hemsley
Please Continue...
eBay: Mikehemsley

Post by hemsley »

Mike - Singapore
Rosser
Please Continue...
eBay: Smackjackback
Initials: DBR

Post by Rosser »

Hello all New Blast City owner here My first Cab. Familiar with Joysticks and such use to frequent SRK Tech talk for years. Seems to be a large number of Tommy's around
Jman
Initials: JJS

Post by Jman »

Hi, My name is Jan from Aarhus in Denmark.

I originally got into retro gaming buing a SNES and Nes and went on from there. It all started when i picked up a PCB (Cadash) from a local danish forum. It where in a "not working" condition, but with help I got it working. When reading around this site comes up alot, so here i am :-)

Also hoping to pick up a few new games from the marketplace, if I can get access :-)
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Hi, im Mantrox from the south of Portugal.
Been a fan of anything arcade since forever.
For the last couple of years i have been looking to buy my fist candy cab. I live in the arcade desert, so it's prooving to be very diffcult!
Hope you all can help me and vice versa!
longobongo wrote:Hello everybody, name's Longobongo from Toronto, Canada.

Just purchased a Naomi Universal Cabinet here and was hoping to restore it as a summer project. My unit looks to work fine but is really dirty. Looking forward to taking it apart and giving it a good clean. :awe:
Hey Longobongo, that's pretty much my situation right now. Just purchased a universal in pretty ok state, but very dirty and with some rust here and there. What i am really having trouble with is finding a company wich can do a professional paintjob on it. The other concern is the chassis and tube wich in the universal version, is kinda mehh.. But ill be pretty happy if it all works and if i can get it back together in one piece.

Atm, i am also considering either spending some money on a trip to japan or, buying a candy from the french guys (.am) and be done with it.
Those restored bright white Astro's look sooooooo pretty!
witeenigma
Please Continue...
eBay: wu_us63

Post by witeenigma »

Hi all,

First post in the forums :)

I'm from the San Francisco bay area in California. Just bought my first few games - SSF2:T, MvC, Darkstalkers, Xmen, & Xmen vs. SF

The hobby has been a childhood dream some 20 years ago when I was jamming on those exact games in jr. high and up, and finally got the OK from wife to pursue some level of a consolized arcade at home. The curiosity ultimately led me here to dig into interesting techniques everyone has tried, and maybe build the collection some more :)

Next target - totally looking for SF2: anniversary edition haha. That's some kinda holy grail I have 0 luck finding an original of, sadly.