Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
uberpixel
The Photographer
eBay: cheekyfutch
Initials: ALN

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by uberpixel »

Hey Ben! Nice to have you on board! You still need to come over for Cakefest 2014...
gahrling wrote:Hey there,

I'm an arcade stick modder and budding arcade cabinet technician based in the UK and have been modding for over 10 years. I can provide services at London's Heart of Gaming videogame arcade and other parts of London if necessary, I also regularly attend fighting game tournaments in places like Brighton (I Am Arcade) and London. I'm a big fan of certain aspects of the community and am looking to level up my welding skills :)
miisalo
Please Continue...

Post by miisalo »

Hi

I'm 40 years old Finn and I'm arcadeholic :P . I had never been into console and arcade gaming when I was young. I did play and programmed demos with c64 and Amiga but consoles and arcade hardware was :thumbdown: for me, except the newer generations like ps3, xbox360, ps4 etc.

Bit less than year ago, my friend who is into old consoles and especially to Neo Geo, asked if he could hold neo geo meeting at my place. I have decent sized house and actually quite big "mancave" in my basement, so I said yes. When we tested his neo with my home theater, I really liked the games we played. So I decided to build consolized MVS. And well, long story short: now I have cmvs, cdz, 4 other mvs boards, games, naomi cabinet, cps2, stv and I have made my own wireless joystick and receiver for neo. My cmvs project and some other stuff is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/93434399@ ... 478740505/" Those who read neo-geo.com forum, will find the project there too.

What comes to the games, I like puzzle type games most, puzzle bobble, puzzle de pon etc. Also like metal slugs. I suck in fighting games, but I still like DoA2 and King of Fighters and capcom vs snk. This is bit funny because in my family everybody practice or have practiced some sort of martial arts and I really really suck in those games at least compared to my kids.

Apart form arcade stuff, my hobbies include martial arts, cars, home theater, electronics and RPGs.

Cheers,
Miikka
Roan
Please Continue...

Post by Roan »

Hi all, I am from Peru and I have seen the forum many times, but until now I have decided to register, I really like the retro video games and arcade games, not much gets here, but I do what I can, I hope to actively participate in the forum, although my English is terrible haha :D
Cirdan
eBay: cirdan1977

Post by Cirdan »

I'm Ruben from Germany.
I've always been in to retro games especially home consoles.
Now the time has come for the expensive toys and i want to add some pcb's to my collection.
That's why i decided to register and - hopefully - let some childhood dreams come true.

Cheers

Ruben
delti90

Post by delti90 »

Yello, I'm Anthony. 24 from Baltimore. I'm generally into all things video games, I have an Xmen Vs Street Fighter Cabinet, Dedicated Neo Geo 6 slot, and a Blast City I recently bought. I've been cleaning the heck of out the Blast City, and so far it looks awesome. Right now I have a Naomi and a netdimm on it, and I'm going to also throw a 360 into it so I can play Marvel and SFIV :D. Here's the blast as it currently stands, https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0793_o.jpg"

Right now I'm trying to track down the stock Blast City marquee and instruction card.
Essendra

Post by Essendra »

Hi. Im Simon from Germany and i play arcade since i was a 8 year old boy.
Nice to meet you all.
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Hi guys! And welcome to the party :awe:
Deneteus
Please Continue...
eBay: dsmith1748
Initials: DDS

Arkade Otaku via Houston/Humble TX

Post by Deneteus »

Hi everyone! I'm from Houston. I just started collecting Neo Geo gear. I've been a lifelong arcade fan and started with Asteroids/Pacman/Legend of Kage/Street Fighter,etc.
I just got an SNK MVS-U4 and I also own a Dynamo Conversion Neo Geo cab and I own a Kraylix V3.

My background is in electronics and computers. I know my way around a soldering iron quite well as I was taking apart things way before I was old enough to take electronics classes.
I'm also into Guitar and Music Gear. A/V and Stage and Theater. Anime, Videogames on all systems and all kinds of other crazy stuff!

Thanks for having me!
'There's a storm coming!' - Wolverine / |Ikari Warriors Never Die!|
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Zak here - after much inactivity I was de-registered.

Well, I'm back chaps!

Some of you may know me from shmups, neo-geo.com and bordersdown(ntsc-uk).

:)
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

And VGI ?
ce6at
Please Continue...

Post by ce6at »

Chalkidiki (Halkidiki), Kassandra my friend.

AeroCityMayor wrote:
ce6at wrote:Hi, Angelos here from Greece.
Hope to share my madness with all of you.!!!
Which part?

I go to Zakynthos a lot.

Welcome.

Ralph.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Marvellous!!!
GucciSuit
Please Continue...

Post by GucciSuit »

Hey there everyone, I'm Gucci Suit and Third Strike fans may have heard that name from my involvement in the Gutter Trash tournaments at the Heart of Gaming in London. I mostly joined up because I'm interested in finally getting some cabs for my ST and 3s boards. The community here comes highly recommended and I've already benefited from the wiki when it came to resurrecting my 3s board so its been very useful even for a lurker. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully work out a good deal on some cabs.
pixelrobot
Please Continue...

Post by pixelrobot »

Hey all, gamer from Melbourne, Australia living in a tiny apartment in the city. Of course I made room for a candy cab. Would love to get some advice on a few things to do with my New Astro City. Thanks
Anjiro76
Please Continue...
eBay: Anjyro

Post by Anjiro76 »

Hi all! I'm Angelo from Italy.
Finally have two arcade cabinets: Video Game 2002 and Virtual Sound (work in progress, transforming into neo geo =P)
Just got a MVS 6 Slots board today ! rly happy about it!
Hope to enjoy my time here :D

P.S. Sorry for my english
Joggepogge
Please Continue...

Post by Joggepogge »

Hello everyone from Sweden here. Collecting all kind of games but the two last years I started collecting and playing arcade machines. So far i got NNC, NAC, Egret 2, Dedicated Galaxian and Asteroids. Joining up to get new information and new friends to share some thoughts with.
Living in a little town in the middle of Sweden with my Wife, two children and my big dog. I dont know crap about fixing machines i just play them and when they dont work anymore I call someone and pay them to much to come fix them.
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Hi guys and welcome to the arcade circus :awe:
Ste
Please Continue...
eBay: Retro_Vehicles
Initials: Ste

Post by Ste »

:awe: Hi guys, Ste here, i have just found this here site via google search methods, i'm currently restoring a 1983 atari star wars, pcb set is done, ar2 is done, ive just recieved the lv2000 for the monitor and i am awaiting my full rebuild kit which has just turned up on miami accoding to the usps. :D

I am from Wirral, Merseyside, currently looking for an asteroids deluxe.
wolf
Please Continue...

Post by wolf »

Hi guys! I'm John!

I've been a longtime gamer, but only started with arcade cabinet ownership about 4 years ago. I am trying to get my Super Neo 29 Type II back to a 100% original configuration and condition. Parts are hard to find!

I have a large MVS kit collection and many home consoles systems, including every AES Neo Geo release. I am here to learn a few things and hopefully be able to maintain my cabinet for the future!
DigDug

Post by DigDug »

Hi !!!!

I'm Luca.