Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
potassium

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by potassium »

Hello all. Just bought a couple of beaten up New Astro's in an attempt to relive a misspent youth, now I just need to convince myself two is enough.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

its not :awe:

lo all new chaps

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Hasuki
eBay: terrybogard1
Initials: B.M

Post by Hasuki »

Hello, my Name is Jan and I love to Play arcade shmups like DDP, Raiden Fighters or Ketsui on the original PCBs. Is this Website the place to be for those games ?
We´ve risen up anew to drink the wine of vindication!
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

it is ,original over mame for ever :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
SomeMist
eBay: scareofthecity
Initials: ZNT

Post by SomeMist »

I'm Steve. I haven't really posted much here, but I just got into arcade pcb collecting and now NEO-GEO MVS carts. Actually just inquired about my first item in the marketplace and I figured it would only be fair to post an introduction.

I originally started off on shmups.system11.org, cave-stg.com (RIP), neo-geo.com, and now here. I don't know much about arcade gaming (at least the electrical aspect of it) and I'm not much of a handyman when it comes to my setup, but I bought a pre-built supergun, analogue neo-geo arcade stick, and I game on a NEC XM2950. Currently own Ibara, Armed Police Batrider Korean ver. B (thanks Wonderbanana), Great Mahou Daisakusen, Fever S.O.S, and Progear (Conversion). Looking to eventually add ESP Ra.De., Battle Bakraid, and DoDonPachi when my wallet isn't bare.
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

Yo SomeMist, nice seeing you over here.. a natural course in migration ;)
Nice PCB collection so far! One way to control the addition is to only buy a new game after getting a 1CC.
SomeMist
eBay: scareofthecity
Initials: ZNT

Post by SomeMist »

Thanks! 8-)

definitely a natural course - it helps knowing a lot of familiar and experienced faces such as yours! not sure why I didn't get into PCB collecting earlier, but that's definitely some good advice. Got to s5 on my ibara board, so I have a little bit more work to do (plus trying to beat drunkninja's high scores since it was originally his board).

It's just so hard to pass up opportunities on good boards when those same deals might not be around by the time I get my 1CC :problem:
The funny thing is... I think it was Wonderbanana that welcomed but warned me about the expensive, addicting, slippery slope that is PCB collecting when I bought my first board through him. I laughed and told myself I wouldn't get hooked.

AND THEN... seeing everyone else's cabs posted in the gallery makes me want to take the next step in my natural course and nab one (maybe joining a blast club) when another group buy comes around at N-G. It actually might be too complicated for me tho.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

id be **** then

Sarda
Please Continue...

Post by Sarda »

Hi guys, thanks for existing!

I'm a fighting game player from Brazil who just recently acquired two weche ok baby's along with my cousing and now we're going to dive in here so that we can restore them to full power!
gustavotchen
Please Continue...

Post by gustavotchen »

Wecheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

let´s go!
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Howdy new guys :wave:
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Sarda wrote:Hi guys, thanks for existing!
Why, you are most welcome! :awe:
Darkstalker
Please Continue...
Initials: GSX

Post by Darkstalker »

New guy here, 17yo from Uruguay who enjoys arcade gaming :) IDCHAPPY(Yes, the moderator) told me some time ago how great this forum was and so I decided to become part of it.

I actually own an Ok baby cab with a Vampire Savior Usa set which I'm really looking forward to restore and paint later this year. By the way, I have to mention that it was only because of Chappy and this forum that I could quickly get CPS2 feets for my board and have this Cab playable for a local event not too much time ago.

Cheers.
theman
eBay: aero_city
Initials: RJC

Post by theman »

welcome to the bestest arcade forum on the internetz
amplibax
Please Continue...
Initials: AMP

Post by amplibax »

Yo!

I'm a 25 year old dude from Atlantic Canada. Growing up I spent a ton of games in the arcade playing classic 90s games like Street Fighter II, Dungeons and Dragons and lots of others. The arcade I used to go to closed down when I was in probably grade 9 and in the past few years I've been really nostalgic about arcade gaming so I've been trying to acquire a few different arcade related items. A few months ago I bought a cheap knock off Big Century candy cabinet which I've recently sold and I'm now having a craving to own an actual Japanese machine. I'm hoping to join this forum and meet some cool people, get some advice on buying a machine and maybe even purchase a machine from someone on the forum.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Welcome d00d!

Nice move shunting the BC sideways ;)

Cheers,

Ralph.
amplibax
Please Continue...
Initials: AMP

Post by amplibax »

AeroCityMayor wrote:Welcome d00d!

Nice move shunting the BC sideways ;)

Cheers,

Ralph.
It was actually my roommate who bought it. Apparently he liked it a bit more than I did. :lol:
Bodypop

Post by Bodypop »

Hi from Belfast .
Northen Ireland isn't a great place for arcade collecting
Had a good collection of pcbs built up over about 17 years of collecting
Sold a lot of them tho.not a good move
Now trying to build up a collection of dedicated cabs and maybe a few more boards
Not easy over but I will persevere
Love all the mid 80s stuff the most nemesis,salamander,starforce ,bubble bobble
The big sega stuff ,operation wolf etc
lardonate

Post by lardonate »

Good day kind sirs!

Having grown up in a British seaside town in the 80's/90's, the arcades were my natural habitat. Now they are dead to me, being filled only with cranes, fruits and other ghastly contraptions. I've three times been on arcade pilgrimages to Japan, visiting places like Mikado and HEY in Tokyo, and spending a great deal of time playing Metro-cross in Sega Avion in Osaka. Metro-Cross being one of my all-time faves.

I've wanted a cab to call my own for the longest of times, my bro has a few cabs, but none J-style sadly. I think the time has come that I look seriously into getting something. An Egret would be nice, I particularly liked playing on those. Between us me and my bro have a few Jamma games, used to persuade local operators to install them just so I could sit and play them. Back in the 90's I was an unemployed scruff straight outta school and I just pretty much played our own Bubble Bobble board in an arcade that was mostly an old ladies bingo hall.

Last time I was in Mikado I played Bubble Bobble for the first time in ages, scored about 2.5 million. Then a 50-something gentleman who'd been watching me came and trounced me by getting about 6 million... I felt so young, and sorely beaten.

I miss those days. *wipes away tears of nostalgia*

But anyway!!! I look forward to fun times!
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Darkstalker wrote:New guy here, 17yo from Uruguay who enjoys arcade gaming :) IDCHAPPY(Yes, the moderator) told me some time ago how great this forum was and so I decided to become part of it.

I actually own an Ok baby cab with a Vampire Savior Usa set which I'm really looking forward to restore and paint later this year. By the way, I have to mention that it was only because of Chappy and this forum that I could quickly get CPS2 feets for my board and have this Cab playable for a local event not too much time ago.

Cheers.
Rodrigo :awe: :D