Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
toki999

Hello there :D

Post by toki999 » August 3rd, 2013, 9:15 pm

Hi im a new user from uruguay. This is a great forum. I hope to help contribute to the community and greetings.

DaytimeDreamer
eBay: chaos-disturber

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by DaytimeDreamer » August 4th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Hello to everyone!

Been around other gaming forums (Neo-Geo, Bordersdown, etc) and I now decided to join this cool place!

Only had a custom cab here in Greece, and I will try to buy an Egret II in the UK when the time is right :)

trenog
Please Continue...

Post by trenog » August 6th, 2013, 3:10 am

Hello all!

Been at this arcade collector rodeo for some time now by having some Neo Geo Big Reds, but I'm finally going to get myself a candy cab so I'm on the lookout for great advice. I've heard that this is the place for it so I hope I'm not disappointed ;)

tawy

Post by tawy » August 6th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Hello everybody, my name is tawy.
I'm in the videogame since always. And i have now my own arcade candy cab ;)

TadCool
'Slayer'
Initials: RAF

Post by TadCool » August 6th, 2013, 3:02 pm

tawy wrote:Hello everybody, my name is tawy.
I'm in the videogame since always. And i have now my own arcade candy cab ;)
Which one? Which one?? :)

Oh, and welcome aboard. ;)
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
| WTB | Some Doodles I Do... |

aclbandit
Initials: ZAK

Post by aclbandit » August 10th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Hello!

As a proud owner of a new (and not-so-functional) Astro City, I think this will be the place to figure out how to fix it.

Be ready for some new threads about a Nanao MS8 :P
Current arcade Want List:
MVS: Top Hunter; Matrimelee; Blue's Journey

albolo
Please Continue...
eBay: peppo-babo

Alberto from Italia

Post by albolo » August 12th, 2013, 7:46 am

hello to everyone :D
my name is Alberto, I live in Italy and I am a fetishist of the pcb
I want to heal instead I got here :cry:

witchfinder
Initials: MAT

Post by witchfinder » August 12th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Hello all

Some of you may know me from my work with Replay Events - I'm usually the guy mouthing off on stage at events like Replay and Play Expo... ;)

I'm taking a more active interest in arcade collecting because I'm about to commence a large outdoor home improvements project which will result in me having a games room for 10-15 cabs, so I'll be looking to pick various bits and bobs up over the coming months as well as pick up some advice. I'm hoping to pick up a sit-down Candy cab and possibly a NAOMI in the future but these things are somewhat foreign to me (pardon the pun!) so I will certainly need some guidance on the best kind of machines to buy as a novice.

Cheers!

Mat

SokaRed90

Post by SokaRed90 » August 13th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Hello to everyone,

I'm Sully and I'm a tiny new here, glad to meet you ! :)
Very big lover of 90's games, I've always wanted to own an arcade cabinet at home for playing my favourites games like in game centers, at the time.

No cab for now but I'm rediscovering the famous SNK's company universe of my youth. :cry:
Thanks to all arcade supports, MVS, superguns, forums...

What a cheap and convenient way ! ;)

I informed myself about arcade bases and hope so shortly to buy a cab with some games but there are so much model's opportunities, I'm not sure at all about the right choice at this moment.
I count of you to help me about that question.

Something timeless like Raiden as shmup, and a classic fighting game like Street Fighter Zero 3, seems to be a good combo for beginning.
Prices seem to be affordable from what I've seen.

I've got a MAK Strike supergun from Arcade Forge, an amazing product !
An MV-1F mother board with Last Blade 2, Rage of the Dragon, Matrimelee, Last Resort, Ninja Commando, Blazing Star, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and Zed Blade. 8-)

No kit, cartridge only.

See you later !

makkag

Post by makkag » August 15th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Hello all, Im Dean live near London in the UK and have been an avid gamer for 30 + years now either in dingy arcades or dingy bedrooms . I have owned my own cab before a real Hack Mame Bas cab that bumbled its way into existence some 8 years ago and god how me and my friends loved it . Kids and downsizing the house led to less space and my fun being given away to another ... ahhaaa.

But its not all doom and gloom as we have just brought a rather nice place with lots of space and my rather lovely other half has green lighted me a new cab for a project as she is fed up of me playing hyperspin through the TV !!

I have always loved the Naomi/Candy style cabs and am now on the look out for something along those lines to purchase and restore if needed to former glory and have pride of place in my living room to play with the kids and friends and that's really what led me here .. or more specifically a lovely chap on another forum who advised me that this is the best place for advice and the like .

So Im looking forward to joining in and learning loads appoligies in advance if im asking noob questions .. im just trying to get along !

Interested in buying the following cab
AWSD
Egret 3
Chopped Naomi - 6 button
Astro

If you can help id be much obliged

Kind Regards

Dean

Oh and if you wanna know my favorite arcade game ever - Asteroids - Sorry but i am an old fart !

prof5

Post by prof5 » August 17th, 2013, 6:58 am

Hi, I am Mark from Leicester i have a couple of cabs, no candys yet but all in good time

DriveBy

Post by DriveBy » August 19th, 2013, 1:54 pm

I'm Chris I'm from the north east of England and I'm a petrolaholic, and this is my first AO meeting.

Just purchased 2 first gen InitialD machines and a Taito table I'm hoping to restore.

Hope I can contribute as much as i will leech from here, many thanks.

hereitcomes

Post by hereitcomes » August 21st, 2013, 1:05 pm

Hello all!

I just recently decided to change my game room setup, so here I am looking for more information.

IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY » August 21st, 2013, 7:28 pm

Welcome to the candy zone guys 8-)

JohnnyFever
Initials: JEK

Post by JohnnyFever » August 21st, 2013, 10:37 pm

Hello!

My name is Johnny, and I'm glad to be here. I really miss playing games with less than 12 buttons, so I play things on my Blast City cab. These days I'm having some problems with my second one, though. I'm hoping the community can help me figure this one out.

Well, I'm on the way to the Marketplace (if I can find it) to see if I can find a sound amp. Hopefully I can contribute in some small way to this great place!

V/R

Johnny

Chase023
Please Continue...

Post by Chase023 » August 25th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Hello,

Just acquired a New Astro City Candy Cab (1st one) and I decided to fix it up a bit, it being a bit beat up and dirty.

I hope to get some advice and help on Candy Cabs.

Any advice on what paint to use on the fiberglass (Maybe appliance paint?)
How about the plastics like the speaker shroud and CP plastic surround?

Let me know

Thanks

TechnicalMonkey

Post by TechnicalMonkey » August 26th, 2013, 10:09 am

Hello,

I am from the United States, and love arcades ever since before I could talk. I take a particular interest in live video streaming, as I've dealt with a lot of the popular arcade boards, but still yearn to stream from many more of the hard to stream titles.

Right now I think about streaming games like Ferrari F355 Deluxe (3 monitor setup), and Dariusburst: Another Chronicle/EX as a few of the more modern titles. I also try to stream without conversion where possible, which is more challenging to preserve the video signal as much as possible.

I help the minorities of the fighting game community that I believe in help stream their games as well. I'm friends with tetsuosan on this forum. I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Thanks

Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie » August 26th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Hey folks, welcome aboard :wave:

squallrs
Please Continue...
Initials: SQL

Post by squallrs » August 27th, 2013, 7:28 am

Hi guys,

My name's Pascal, I have one Sega Blast City in perfect condition and another that I'm currently fixing.
I have maked a 4in1 system inside for one of them, http://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=dRT0stFwRNw&ns=1"
My Favorites games are SSF2X & Ghouls'n Ghost, and the last game I bought is Rygar Japanese version in mint condition two days ago.

Cheers

TheLastBandit

Post by TheLastBandit » August 28th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Hello hello, mostly a console collector but slowing falling into the Jamma pcb trap :)

Currently without a decent cab, so have to make do with a supergun.