Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
ninjawyatt
Please Continue...
eBay: ninjawyatt

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ninjawyatt »

Konichiwa!!! Im 31 winters old and have loved playing computer games, or video games if your American, for as long as I can remember. My first computer was a Commordore 64 where i spent hours of pixelated fun on games such as 'Yie Ar Kung Fu' and 'Bubble Bobble'! I then continued to move through the generations of consoles from NES to Mega Drive to SNES blah blah blah. I have owned probably 75% of consoles that have ever been released and played on most of them, execept for that Phillips Cdi... or was it the 3DO? I always get those mixed up. I seem to remeber the CDi being the **** one, and they were both ridculously expensive for the time! Anyway, sidetracking here. I have always had a love for the Arcades, so many great memories - Pac Man, Out Run, Hang On, SF2 - The list is endless. I have always wanted to own an arcade machine and first looked into it when I became addicted to the first Time Crisis! I seem to remember they were just over £1000, so as I was still in school this was not going to happen. I bought my first house a few years ago so the Arcade dream started to drift back into my mind. I kept going back to ebay more and more regular searching for SF2 machines, however the cabs were always in battered condition or had gay universal decals.

Finally my dream became a reality and I bought my first Arcade Machine about a month ago. It doesnt even seem real, an arcade machine in my house... it seems so wrong, but looks so right! I bought a Sega Naomi Universal Cab with Naomi 1 Motherboard and Virtua Tennis 2 cart. I paid £180 for it and thought that was a decent price from what Ive seen on ebay. It was pretty ditched because it had come straight from a site and had been in use for 11 years. It was scraped, scratched and had loads of gross brown stains in it... maybe 11 year old coke?!

Ive already stripped it, chopped the legs, cleaned it, painted it and Im currently on the rebuild.

The only knowledge I have of Arcade internals is from a few bits I have read online over the past few months, and the hands on learning from stripping it. I am a complete Arcade NEEWBIE! Gayness! Thats why I have joined here, to hopefully connect with knowledgeble home Arcade owners with lots of experience.

Sorry If I got carried away on the keyboard,
Dave.
'You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance'
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Welcome. If you are still looking for a repro marquee insert, Spectre is the man to ask.
irocz

Post by irocz »

hello i am nico from belgium and i have a mortal kombat 4 machine from midway
StandardDeluxe
Please Continue...

Post by StandardDeluxe »

Evening all 8-)

How is everyone? Thought I'd say hello as I've been lurking for a few days....

I've just spent all of yesterday and most of today scrubbing one of Jeff's New Astro City refurbs to get it to an acceptable level of cleanliness. The spray job isn't too bad, it's come out nice and white which is always good. I'm now in the process of putting it all back together along with replacing the artwork and anything that was manky. I'll be running a PGM in there along with an Atomiswave and possibly an MVS with a cheeky 161-in-1 cart :awe:

I've also got a Black Storm LCD cabinet which I purchased directly from Sealy Co. in China. I have the PlayStation 3 in there for KOFXIII, Blazblue and other fighters.

Just need something with a rotated screen for my shmup fix now. I'm thinking a cheap Naomi as a project to chop down and clean up. I suppose I'll just see what comes along in the near future...

>SD< :awe:
madgrab

Post by madgrab »

What up party people? My name is Greg. I enjoy Street Fighter (super turbo), skateboarding, and music and did i say video games:)
I see this forum has grown in the last four years. It has been a great resource for me and you all seem very helpful. Ive encountered a few board members on neo-geo forums/srk and I believe a few are on here too! Props to Voltronbadass for pointing me this way.

I was going to document some stuff on my Capcom Impress. What would be a good forum to start this post? Repair log? I pulled the chassis I plan on taking a photo of it and documenting the connections so hopefully the next person who comes along can use it as help. I think I read every post on Capcom Impress' on this forum:)

Also I wanted to mention I have been trying to get on this forum for a few weeks. I kept getting an invalid email address error on the registration page I am not sure if anyones else is having this problem. Maybe I joined this forum in the past with the same email?
Svovl
eBay: clemensnk
Initials: CNK

Post by Svovl »

Welcome all new!
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

madgrab wrote:Capcom Impress... pulled the chassis
That must have been fun, the lack of monitor frame on that badboy and psu positioned stupidly close to the neckboard is a hell I remember all too clearly :palm:
madgrab

Post by madgrab »

Spectre wrote:
madgrab wrote:Capcom Impress... pulled the chassis
That must have been fun, the lack of monitor frame on that badboy and psu positioned stupidly close to the neckboard is a hell I remember all too clearly :palm:
Yeah I was tripping cause I wasn't sure if the chassis would even fit through the back window. I am still convinced it will not fit. I ended up laying the cab on its back and removing the tube. What a pain, but I am one step closer to geting my cab fixed!
tonytone
Please Continue...

Post by tonytone »

hello,
was told to come and join by a chap on ebay who i was trying to buy some hoofs off.....so i did :)
segalee88

Post by segalee88 »

hi im lee from north london been a arcade fan since the late 80s and i want to welcome myself to this great forum
Softdrink
Please Continue...
Initials: SFT

Post by Softdrink »

Hello all!

Many of you might recognize me from shmups and from CAVE-STG, may it rest in peace. I'm a full-time student, a shmups guy, a bit of an audiophile, and possibly a science fiction author.

As far as cabs go, I bought and worked on a Blast City as a summer project. It unfortunately has the Wei-Ya replacement monitor, but I had a chance to compare it to another Blast with an original Nanao at both 15 and 31kHz and quite frankly there wasn't a substantial enough difference for the Nanao to be worth the extra $250 the seller was asking. Shun me. 8-)

I might be looking to buy my first PCB sometime relatively soon, so I thought it was about time I actually got myself an account here as a means to keep my options open.
VirtualCosmic
Please Continue...
eBay: Punisher32x4bsp

Post by VirtualCosmic »

Hi, I just signed up on here and I am just checking it out. I also go by VirtualCosmic on SRK so you may know me from there. :)
pr0t0

Post by pr0t0 »

Hello from France,
I had some good times hanging out in arcades in the 90's.
Now i want my cab :)
Imhotep
Please Continue...
Initials: STB

Post by Imhotep »

Hi, arcade games is my favourite hobby, so I guess I'm at the right place.
My setup is really economic on space, due to a smallish appartment, I use a supergun hooked to a IBM pc monitor via XRGB2+.
At the moment I'm very fond of Taito shooters, I recently got Metal Black. Otherwise I find Yagawa's games to be the most intriguing.
I hope to have a good time here, cheers.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Imhotep wrote:I find Yagawa's games to be the most intriguing.I hope to have a good time here, cheers.
:awe: :awe:
ShinDaisuke
Please Continue...
eBay: shin-dreamcast

Post by ShinDaisuke »

Hi! I'm a 21-year-old retrogamer from Rome, Italy.
Glad to be here :)
Manne
Please Continue...

Post by Manne »

Hi im Manne I like crisps and funny games.
Karnov! Karnov! Karnov! Karnov! Karnov! Karnov! Karnov! Karnov!
rico996

Post by rico996 »

Hello,
I'm Eric. I'm looking for friends, I have lost the last down a new net city the 4th floor without elevator.
Some people do not understand the geeks ... :wtf:
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Manne wrote:Hi im Manne I like crisps and funny games.
:wave: :wink:
eczangief
Please Continue...

Post by eczangief »

Greetings. Joined up at the suggestion of ReplicaX upon purchasing his Egret 2. I'm also on shmups, shoryuken, and the neo forums. Looking forward becoming more and more knowledgeable with all things arcade.

Cheers,

Rich