Forum questions, suggestions and bugs.

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Re: What do YOU want out of Arcade Otaku?

Post by Pete »

Getting old.
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Post by Akuma »

YouTube embedding to posts
Flazh

Post by Flazh »

kernow wrote:
Akuma wrote:YouTube embedding to posts
Already been discussed, aint gonna happen 8-)
Thank god! :D
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

I'd like to lose the "old mans club" feel around the place.. it's far too up tight in here sometimes.
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Retro_Boy_G wrote:I'd like to lose the "old mans club" feel around the place.. it's far too up tight in here sometimes.
*puts down pipe and newspaper*

I say young fellow!
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

Whatever you do just don't watch this video...

http://www.efukt.com/2339_1_Guy_1_Cup.html"

"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Post by Akuma »

Gianni and I are currently trying to get hold of the domain http://www.killercabs2.com"
We are planning to start a gay forum which has an arcade and candy cab sub-section.

Killercabs 2: It will be great!
Last edited by Akuma on December 7th, 2008, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Sounds promising.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

Retro_Boy_G wrote:I'd like to lose the "old mans club" feel around the place.. it's far too up tight in here sometimes.
watch it mate
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Post by John James Pacinelli »

Akuma wrote:Gianni and I are currently trying to get hold of the domain http://www.killercabs2.com"
We are planning to start a gay forum which has an arcade and candy cab sub-section.

Killercabs 2: It will be great!
Is there gonna be a NotSafeForGayWork section? :awe:
Anyway, to celebrate this event I'm about to post a gay joke in the "bad jokes" thread (probably the worse ever) .
And yes, he's right
Vagina
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Kerny, as for myself -as said before- I really do not care for a NSFW section, I was just fooling round (like always :mrgreen: ).
Besides the NSFW section per se which I care nothing about, I do believe that Gianni is right when he says that sometimes ppl in here are way too uptight or touchy...
Well, you are kinda touchy :awe:
Vagina
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

:lol:
Vagina
d123456
Please Continue...

Post by d123456 »

Besides it never dying.
Indeed, certain information in stickies. like what cabse there are, like it is already made that way.
what shops to go to.
stickies that can prevent lots of duplicate threads.
maybe a sub section in modern gaming called online gaming where specific threads can be made aboiut games that have online modes and where one can invite others to join him or her.
And threads like this which clearly show the good intentions of the owners and mods that are open to ideas and want to make this place as good as i possibly can.
maybe even ghost-mirror host system16, arcadeflyers.net, klov and stuff like that or at least make threads about who such tasks can be assigned to.
maybe a cool new sub thread about gaming sites that had online web pages about certain arcade games. these pages are now lost, but with way-back-machine certain info can still be viewed!

And NO nsfw section (that would make it a sfw section, sort of)
Why? because that would be just lame. we had it on kc so we should have it here too?
It made no sense back then, but it was fun, but I don't think we will ever capture the same vibe again, so let's let it go.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

d123456 wrote:1) Indeed, certain information in stickies. like what cabse there are, like it is already made that way.
2) what shops to go to.
3) stickies that can prevent lots of duplicate threads.
4) maybe a sub section in modern gaming called online gaming where specific threads can be made aboiut games that have online modes and where one can invite others to join him or her.
And threads like this which clearly show the good intentions of the owners and mods that are open to ideas and want to make this place as good as i possibly can.
5) maybe even ghost-mirror host system16, arcadeflyers.net, klov and stuff like that or at least make threads about who such tasks can be assigned to.
6) maybe a cool new sub thread about gaming sites that had online web pages about certain arcade games. these pages are now lost, but with way-back-machine certain info can still be viewed!
1/2/3) Already done/in progress.
4) I quite like this idea. I'd probably prefer to expand it a little into a "Match-up and meet-up" section for online & offline play.
5) 99% of this is already mirrored in wikipedia.org. I appreciate that the info loses a little of it's personality once it's in WP, but it's pretty safe being in both locations.
6) Any examples? Ideally we'd want to publish new material rather than go through any hassle of making sure the author of the old material is ok with its re-use.
dmauro
Please Continue...

Post by dmauro »

I really like the current arrangement of sub forums, I just think the forums need more content. There were a lot of guides on killer-cabs that have not yet been reproduced here. On killercabs whenever I had a question, the search function had the answer, but here I have to start a thread. Also, we need a few more grantspains because he is a great resource :D

edit: Oh, and more US posters! :) No one has been able to tell me yet what the US equivalent is to T-Cut or where I can find it. And almost all of the private sales on the forums are overseas.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

dmauro wrote:I really like the current arrangement of sub forums, I just think the forums need more content. There were a lot of guides on killer-cabs that have not yet been reproduced here. On killercabs whenever I had a question, the search function had the answer, but here I have to start a thread. Also, we need a few more grantspains because he is a great resource :D
thanks for your support,there will be a much better monitor guide on its way soon as well as a basic fault finding guide
due to a heavy workload and the fact i am the only tech in my company now i have not had chance to get to grips with the guides as yet
rest assured i will be at full throttle with this stuff come the new year,would be easier if Tone just gave me back my old KC guide though
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

dmauro wrote:I really like the current arrangement of sub forums, I just think the forums need more content. There were a lot of guides on killer-cabs that have not yet been reproduced here. On killercabs whenever I had a question, the search function had the answer, but here I have to start a thread. Also, we need a few more grantspains because he is a great resource :D

edit: Oh, and more US posters! :) No one has been able to tell me yet what the US equivalent is to T-Cut or where I can find it. And almost all of the private sales on the forums are overseas.

Not everybody wants to do things for nothing .. And this forum has nothing to do with killer cabs so why treat it like one ,Its new and will take time to get tec forum up to scrach ,
If i can remember right this is your fist outside the tech section and always wanting someone to fix your stuff ..I sorry it was so much effort to start a thread but its what you have to do.
More Grantspains :roll: i would have helped but kinda sick of peeps looking for help and doing nothing to help the forum so i pick those peeps that deserve help
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

grantspain wrote:
thanks for your support,there will be a much better monitor guide on its way soon as well as a basic fault finding guide
due to a heavy workload and the fact i am the only tech in my company now i have not had chance to get to grips with the guides as yet
rest assured i will be at full throttle with this stuff come the new year,would be easier if Tone just gave me back my old KC guide though
Get over it Grant work comes first
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Will have a Tone style push for articles in the new year, I'll knock up a couple.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

I think an a-z glossary of terms/arcade equipment and explaining what they are/do for arcade gear could be very helpful to any person who is new to cabs. i still don't know all teh exact terminology and i been playing round with arcade gear since 2003.

we could start it as a thread with people adding stuff they think would be helpful and then compile it into one big thing later once there is enough content .. sort of like the shmups glossary but for arcade stuff. it would take a while but i'm sure with everone adding stuff they can think of it would be a useful resource.