Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Seiko
Please Continue...
eBay: seiko_kasuganomichi

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Seiko »

Hey there,

I am from germany and have been always a fan of old retro games. I am a collector of old games as well and since i finally start to create my own man cave gaming room, i want a cabinet for myself. I do have a DIY arcade which its pretty nice but i prefer the original. The next arcade is going to be a DDR Dance-machine. After that i want a candy cab and a lightgun arcade as well.

So hope can share the enthusiasm for these games and cabinets :)
Thanks for reading
flyingpowerdisc
eBay: flyingpowerdisc

Post by flyingpowerdisc »

Howdy! Discovering Windjammers/Flying Power Disc has sent me down the arcade rabbit hole and brought me here. It also helped reignite nostalgia for Konami titles I enjoyed at a younger age, “”in arcades, specifically Sunset Riders, X-Men, Turtles, Simpsons, etc. Look forward to connecting!

FPD
haracker
Please Continue...
eBay: enuxcnc

Post by haracker »

Hello
Nice to meet you.
I am a mania who likes the Sega New Net City cabinet and arcade game board.
Thank you. :D
mglass14
Please Continue...
eBay: pnutpwnedme
Initials: MDG

Post by mglass14 »

Hello, my name is Matt and I have used the wiki section of this website for a few years and have finally decided to dip my toes in the forums to hopefully meet some like-minded folks who love these candy cabs as much as I do. I currently have an Astro City and just recently acquired an Impress. Would love to connect with some other Impress owners as there isn’t much out there on these cabs!
rocket404
Please Continue...
eBay: rgb_rocket
Initials: 404

Post by rocket404 »

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to retro collecting and have been in love with a lot ot 80-90's games and arcades ever since I was young. I have a small collection going on, but I'm working on it. Discovering more about candy cabs and hoping to make some friends along the way!
Slypinball
Please Continue...
eBay: Bradwatson11
Initials: BCW

Post by Slypinball »

Hi all
Been collecting for a few years now. Just starting to get into some of the new style cabs. Current line up is namco noir running tekken tag tournament unlimited 2, clone namco noir ringedge multi, super neo 29 running atomiswave, lai 4 slot neo geo, taito missile command cocktail and a naomi universal stand up jambo safari.

Recently picked up a heap of boards so slowly testing them.

Thanks
Njutt
Please Continue...
eBay: dark_kenni
Initials: BLU

Post by Njutt »

Hi everybody
Living in Denmark, I always been in video games.
I stick mainly to retro games (Sega I will always love you) but never really invested in arcade. I hope it will change soon and I guess I will find lot of information over there.

See you over there in the forum :)
matbird
Please Continue...
eBay: matbird
Initials: MAT

Post by matbird »

Hello!

My name's Mat, I live in Kent in the UK, and I look forward to spamming the forums with lots of stupid questions in the near future!
VirusHunter
Please Continue...
eBay: virushunter123
Initials: VH

Post by VirusHunter »

Hello, I go by Virus in a lot of internet places but I swear only my laugh is infectious!

Recently I made the questionable choice of buying a junker naomi universal cab and now I am going to dump every cent I can towards restoring it.
As much as I enjoy arcade games and tinkering around, I can't read an electrical diagram to save my life so I'll be relying on all the help google can give me, and a lot of google's info comes from you guys so why not hit the source?
spndrg
eBay: noebay

Post by spndrg »

Hi,

I'm looking to get into candy cabs, nice to meet everyone! I'm a big fan of Capcom games, 3rd Strike and the MVC series in particular. :D
Galvatron
Please Continue...
eBay: Galvatronng
Initials: JAM

Post by Galvatron »

Hi,

I’m near Austin, TX, USA and love candy cabs despite only having one that I bought almost 20 years ago. Thinking it might be time to change that by getting another before they’re too hard to find.

I like a lot of older arcade games, fighting games when I have time to dig into them, and consoles from all eras. I have a good sized Neo Geo MVS collection with a few kits. Magical Drop II and Money Exchanger are in my cabinet pretty often. Thinking I want a dedicated vertical setup to really get into some shmups here and there along with playing some pacman.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
nautair
Please Continue...
eBay: 123456
Initials: AIR

Post by nautair »

Hi all,

Based in Gloucstershire UK, but in London a fair bit - Love of all arcades & pins, old and new, have a decent OK Baby in the kitchen :-)
Looking to open an arcade in the near future, but until then will enjoy playing with mates!

Rich
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Nice one & welcome guys.. 8-) . Always great to have new blood into the Great community here... And it is a great place to be.
You will find all you need to know here as a lot of the seasoned members @ AO are very experienced and knowledgeable..
If you need to know anything or want advise.. Try the search engine to save time, but it's nice for new users to post a thread or two on what they want to chat about, then most will chip in giving friendly advise and tips.
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
FinalFight
eBay: Back2thaoldskool
Initials: SMG

Post by FinalFight »

Hi All :) just rejoined the forum after a break have the same username on vac and pinballinfo .. my old one on here was stegrey
Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Post by Flinnster »

Damn you get everywhere :lol:
WTD: Rolling Thunder pcb, ANY Dino King / Love & Berry / MushiKing spare parts!!
GeorgeSpinner
Please Continue...
eBay: stevepelosi
Initials: SDP

Post by GeorgeSpinner »

Hi. My name is George, and I'm addicted to JAMMA PCBs.

It all started last May when the pandemic was just getting into full swing and I realized I'd be in the house a lot for the foreseeable future.

I had just started getting into RGB console gaming, when I saw a video about the history of the Neo Geo on YouTube. It got me thinking about my brother's AES, and how much I enjoyed it as a kid.

I took a look on eBay and learned that AES systems/carts are still pretty expensive. The Neo Geo CD was still a pretty reasonable option. I ordered one from eBay and I loved it.

Even though I loved the Neo Geo CD, I saw it's shortcomings (just like everyone else). A month after the Neo Geo CD arrived, I purchased a Timeharvest CMVS and some carts. I enjoyed it so much, I purchased the Terraonion NEOSD. Having almost every MVS game was pretty awesome.

The stereo mod on the Timeharvest CMVS is done pretty poorly, so I decided to fix it myself. While I was in there, I saw the JAMMA interface and how it related to the PCB that was used to create the CMVS. I had never even thought about JAMMA or how it worked, even though I haven't loved arcade games my entire life.

I did some research and learned about superguns. Fast forward 1 year and I have multiple CMVS setups, superguns, and all my favorite JAMMA PCBs from when I was a kid.

I've learned a lot, getting the 25+ PCBs working with my CRT and flat panel displays. I've even done a few repairs.

Neo Turf Masters is my favorite game.

I enjoy games from Capcom, Taito, Sega, Konami, and SNK.

I have a background in computer software and enjoy helping out where I can.

Thanks for your time.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Hey George, and welcome!!

Great story!! I’m newish here too and we have a similar story except I was driven to get a couple of Neo Geo cabs and I’ve been slowly restoring them as best I can.

You’ll find this place is generally very friendly, and you can’t move for extremely knowledgable people too. It’s a fantastic resource.

Hopefully you’ll enjoy being here.

Plenty of threads or sub forums where you can show off your stuff, and I’d certainly like to see it :thumbup:
GeorgeSpinner
Please Continue...
eBay: stevepelosi
Initials: SDP

Post by GeorgeSpinner »

Thanks Chris.

I appreciate the warm welcome.

I look forward to sharing and interacting with everyone here.
ViewtifulCereza
Please Continue...
eBay: krokounleashed
Initials: krk

Post by ViewtifulCereza »

Hi, I'm Thomas and I love Cave, Razing and Takumi.
Lokiboy
eBay: tonybolony
Initials: TJ

Post by Lokiboy »

here looking for a 357A B or a 359 if anybody has one post me a reply prefer UK