Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Zell2k
eBay: Zell2k
Initials: Ace

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Zell2k »

Hi guys, I'm Lee, 37 from Essex, UK. Started collecting arcade machines for my dream man cave. So far I've picked up and restored an original time crisis as well as a naomi universal. I'm on the hunt for a 2 player sitdown outrun 2 as well as a silent scope. From there who knows!

Been loving arcades since I was a kid and I'm glad my job now allows me to afford it as a hobby!
toquill
eBay: dontoquillicious

Post by toquill »

Hi all, Brandon here!

Very new to this scene and relatively young, recently built a DIY cab as my first machine and currently on the hunt for my first candy cab!
BlackSpy
eBay: leetbuggy
Initials: JLM

Post by BlackSpy »

Hi, I'm a longtime collector of MVS kits and art, I've got a pretty good collection of the not-fighting games stuff and a good bunch of the key fighters.

I've joined because I need some help fixing up a couple of consolised boards I've got... Hopeful there is someone nearby or further afield that will take a look with a soldering iron.
ATREE
eBay: treedom3000
Initials: TRE

Post by ATREE »

Hi I'm Tris also know as Tree, 23, Kent ,UK, a rhythm game lover and owner of a DDR cab and now diving into the arcade scene deeper and currently on the hunt for a candy cab's :D
fell in love with the Sega City line of machines when I visited Anata no warehouse japan.
a noob to the scene but wanting to know more.
Vanark
eBay: old_osam

Post by Vanark »

Hi. I am Aleksandrs. I from Latvia 🇱🇻. I have a lot of game consoles. My dream from the gaming world is to buy a candy cabinet. Hope to find a seller within Europe.
novelastre
eBay: hell0heaven1
Initials: NOV

Post by novelastre »

Hello i'm Tomy from French.
I manage a Gaming Lounge in my country and we need to learn and buy some arcade machine !
Beside, i play a lot of Guilty Gear and some VN.
Thanks for the read :)
Zampano
eBay: theju-3371
Initials: GBO

Post by Zampano »

Hello all. I’m Gareth and I live in Manchester. I play way too many games and during lockdown have gone down a retro rabbit hole. I’ve also moved house and now have space for a cabinet. I’ve joined today in the hopes I can lay my hands on a Sega candy cab (Blast or Astro) for my basement home cinema / man cave. I promise to ask lots of stupid noob questions and pay way over the odds when I finally track down a suitable cab.
SiE
eBay: SiE_77
Initials: SIE

Post by SiE »

Hi,

I am from Northwich and have loved arcade games for a long time. Played a lot of games in the arcades in the 80's and started collecting my own stuff around 4 years ago. I own an old Jamma cab, a Blast City, a tabletop pi 4 machine and an old fruit machine with plenty of PCB's (SF2HF, RoboCop, Rastan, Double Dragon 1&2, Shinobi etc.) and arcade tech like Naomi with a few carts as well as a couple of MVS games. Always looking for some of my childhood classics.

SiE
Seiko
eBay: seiko_kasuganomichi

Post by Seiko »

Hey there,

I am from germany and have been always a fan of old retro games. I am a collector of old games as well and since i finally start to create my own man cave gaming room, i want a cabinet for myself. I do have a DIY arcade which its pretty nice but i prefer the original. The next arcade is going to be a DDR Dance-machine. After that i want a candy cab and a lightgun arcade as well.

So hope can share the enthusiasm for these games and cabinets :)
Thanks for reading
flyingpowerdisc
eBay: flyingpowerdisc

Post by flyingpowerdisc »

Howdy! Discovering Windjammers/Flying Power Disc has sent me down the arcade rabbit hole and brought me here. It also helped reignite nostalgia for Konami titles I enjoyed at a younger age, “”in arcades, specifically Sunset Riders, X-Men, Turtles, Simpsons, etc. Look forward to connecting!

FPD
haracker
eBay: enuxcnc

Post by haracker »

Hello
Nice to meet you.
I am a mania who likes the Sega New Net City cabinet and arcade game board.
Thank you. :D
mglass14
eBay: pnutpwnedme
Initials: MDG

Post by mglass14 »

Hello, my name is Matt and I have used the wiki section of this website for a few years and have finally decided to dip my toes in the forums to hopefully meet some like-minded folks who love these candy cabs as much as I do. I currently have an Astro City and just recently acquired an Impress. Would love to connect with some other Impress owners as there isn’t much out there on these cabs!
rocket404
eBay: rgb_rocket
Initials: 404

Post by rocket404 »

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to retro collecting and have been in love with a lot ot 80-90's games and arcades ever since I was young. I have a small collection going on, but I'm working on it. Discovering more about candy cabs and hoping to make some friends along the way!
Slypinball
eBay: Bradwatson11
Initials: BCW

Post by Slypinball »

Hi all
Been collecting for a few years now. Just starting to get into some of the new style cabs. Current line up is namco noir running tekken tag tournament unlimited 2, clone namco noir ringedge multi, super neo 29 running atomiswave, lai 4 slot neo geo, taito missile command cocktail and a naomi universal stand up jambo safari.

Recently picked up a heap of boards so slowly testing them.

Thanks
Njutt
eBay: dark_kenni
Initials: BLU

Post by Njutt »

Hi everybody
Living in Denmark, I always been in video games.
I stick mainly to retro games (Sega I will always love you) but never really invested in arcade. I hope it will change soon and I guess I will find lot of information over there.

See you over there in the forum :)
matbird
eBay: matbird
Initials: MAT

Post by matbird »

Hello!

My name's Mat, I live in Kent in the UK, and I look forward to spamming the forums with lots of stupid questions in the near future!
VirusHunter
eBay: virushunter123
Initials: VH

Post by VirusHunter »

Hello, I go by Virus in a lot of internet places but I swear only my laugh is infectious!

Recently I made the questionable choice of buying a junker naomi universal cab and now I am going to dump every cent I can towards restoring it.
As much as I enjoy arcade games and tinkering around, I can't read an electrical diagram to save my life so I'll be relying on all the help google can give me, and a lot of google's info comes from you guys so why not hit the source?
spndrg
eBay: mattc1234978
Initials: drg

Post by spndrg »

Hi,

I'm looking to get into candy cabs, nice to meet everyone! I'm a big fan of Capcom games, 3rd Strike and the MVC series in particular. :D
Galvatron
eBay: Galvatronng
Initials: JAM

Post by Galvatron »

Hi,

I’m near Austin, TX, USA and love candy cabs despite only having one that I bought almost 20 years ago. Thinking it might be time to change that by getting another before they’re too hard to find.

I like a lot of older arcade games, fighting games when I have time to dig into them, and consoles from all eras. I have a good sized Neo Geo MVS collection with a few kits. Magical Drop II and Money Exchanger are in my cabinet pretty often. Thinking I want a dedicated vertical setup to really get into some shmups here and there along with playing some pacman.

Looking forward to getting to know you!