Screen burn - how soon?

For monitor related issues
chubsta
I'm getting too old for this shit...
eBay: chubsta

Screen burn - how soon?

Post by chubsta »

it would appear that EVERYONE hates screen-burn. I have a NeoGeo cabinet with a lovely monitor in it - vibrant, great colours, no burn at all. I am paranoid about leaving the machine on in case it gets an image burned in.

How soon does this sort of thing happen - as i only have it on occaisionally for a few hours will i be ok?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Screen burn - how soon?

Post by cools »

You'd need to have the same image in the same place on it for long hours at a time, day in day out.

If you manage to get burn in with home use, you have a serious addiction to one game :)
chubsta
I'm getting too old for this shit...
eBay: chubsta

Post by chubsta »

cools wrote:You'd need to have the same image in the same place on it for long hours at a time, day in day out.

If you manage to get burn in with home use, you have a serious addiction to one game :)
cheers, just what i was hoping to hear! Fortunately im so rubbish i never live long on any particular game anyway so sounds like i should be ok :oops:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

It's the attract screens that usually cause the problem.

INSERT COIN.
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

I've had machines in my shop for well over a year now.. they are on for about 8hours a day everyday and there has been no screen burn. I think i had GW2 in the Naomi for about 2 months at one point.. so thats 2 months of 8hours a day gaming and no screen burn at all. I think its safe to say if it is home use then you wont get screen burn.
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
theevilfunkster
Keeps Lordstar on a leash

Post by theevilfunkster »

If you're paranoid about screen burn, then turn off the 'Level' and 'Credit' displays in the test menu. They're always in the same place in MVS games so might cause problems with prolonged use.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

theevilfunkster wrote:If you're paranoid about screen burn, then turn off the 'Level' and 'Credit' displays in the test menu. They're always in the same place in MVS games so might cause problems with prolonged use.
just about to say that. If you have a multislot which was hella old the only ammout of screen burn was where the dificulty level and credit counter were
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress