Solutions for connecting consoles to Nanao MS8 monitor?

For monitor related issues
drunkninja
Please Continue...
Solutions for connecting consoles to Nanao MS8 monitor?

Post by drunkninja »

I have an Astro City with a Nanao MS8 monitor, looking for ways to connect my consoles (mostly PS2 and 360) to it. I've seen the Ultimarc adapters, which will work with PS2, but I'm still looking for a solution for the 360. I noticed these scan converters online: http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=vsc100 and it looked like it would do what I need for that system. Anyone have other methods to do this? I've heard of people hacking SCART cables to do 15khz RGB, but outside of that, not much else.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Re: Solutions for connecting consoles to Nanao MS8 monitor?

Post by emphatic »

Get the UVC and never look back: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28005

This way you can use your 24kHz mode on the MS8 and that'll look near-high res. :awe: OR the 15kHz mode.

Edit: Also, Ultimarc's products are flaky as hell. I have the PS2 video cable, and I can't get all colors to show correctly. The controller adapter is buggy for the PS2 as well. If you do put your money on the UVC, you'll be able to connect ANY video source that outputs a VGA signal without issues. If you already own an upscaler for your PS2 (component -> VGA) then you're all set.
tmcleroy
Please Continue...

Post by tmcleroy »

Does this mean I shouldn't have ordered a JammASD? I'm concerned my 360 won't be able to send a compatible signal to it. How easy will it be for me to hook up a 360 with a JammASD and what res will it output, 15khz or 24?
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

The xbox360 will only send a 31k through VGA. The JammASD will divide the signal and give a 15k output but I'm not sure how good the quality is. It would probably drop every other line so it wouldn't be great.

To quote from their site
Also can divide a 31Khz VGA signal in half so that it will display a stable picture on a 15Khz arcade monitor. Useful for checking boot-up progress and configuration (not for application use).
http://www.arcadeshop.de/product_info.p ... anguage=en"
tmcleroy
Please Continue...

Post by tmcleroy »

****, thanks.
tmcleroy
Please Continue...

Post by tmcleroy »

Is there any way to get a 360 to output 15 khz? I've been looking all over for this info but surprisingly I can't find any reliable answer. Thanks.
rocklite
Please Continue...

Post by rocklite »

ive got mine going with a hacked cable to a jamma fingerboard. just had to open the shell and bridge a couple pins to convert the cable for scart. "Xbox_360-HandC-V1_4.pdf" had all the pins labeled for me so it was easy. just swap a couple and wire to the fingerboard to emit 15khz. you will most likely have to re-route the composite sync throguh an LM1881N chip though. (you can find the diagram for this on "saturn2jamma project". as far as controls go i believe your stuck with padhacking. slagcoin has some nice diagrams and tips for doing this job though. i used two madcatz fightsticks because i dont like the drivers for the microsoft ones. its the best option for pc too. i hate keyboard encoders and converters are just crap in my exp.

if your new to soldering dont be intimidated. just remember to use flux and always tin your wires.
took about 1 day to do. stole the jamma strip from an old board to save time with shipping. (lol) there is no need to set the mode either. once you have made your cable scart, thats all it takes. id make a tutorial if i had a camera and a proper fingerboard from "jammaboards".

btw: your 360 must support hdmi for 15khz mode