Sanwa KW0606A

For monitor related issues
akugou
eBay: Uubersoldat
Initials: BAD

Sanwa KW0606A

Post by akugou »

Does anyone here have one and can explain to me how the attached input board functions? Mine ( Sanwa KW0606A) is connected to a toshiba pf tube and i for the life of me can't input anything in a normal fashion. Is this normal?!

I'm talking about this guy:
IMG_20220529_160041.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by akugou on August 6th, 2022, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Sanwa KW0606A

Post by nem »

Input board? Do you mean the remote for the OSD?

Not normal. Start by checking that the remote and remote harness are good. Meter the Function button on the remote.

I can't remember if you can plug the remote to the wrong connector on the chassis :think:
akugou

Post by akugou »

Erm... When you say meter the funktion, what exactly do you mean? Also is it possible that something is missing where it says C221?
IMG_20220529_160049.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akugou

Post by akugou »

Ah i forgot to also ask where i can increase/decrease the separate rgb signals? It seems id need to get more green. There aren't any pods on the neck board or the chassis i can see? Thanks for the help!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

You need to access the extended menu functions. It's done by pressing demag down when you power on the monitor.

akugou wrote: August 7th, 2022, 7:07 pm When you say meter the funktion, what exactly do you mean?

Put your multimeter in continuity mode / diode test and see if it beeps when you press the button. Those miniature microswitches can fail.
akugou

Post by akugou »

Dude, thanks a bunch!!! Huge help 🎊🎉🎊
akugou

Post by akugou »

I replaced all the switches and it works great now :) I'm still having issues with the sharpness... If i turn brightness way down it gets sharper. Sadly the knob on the flyback doesn't go enough in the direction i would need it to ho to actually focus. Is there another way to get it to focus?

Oh and also i want to get the mister over jamma instead of vga and have made a cable... But im not sure of the right input order... This is the connection right :
IMG_20220810_180326.jpg
akugou

Post by akugou »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gnkKCdZjQnmxmk9P7

I'm now having this issue and also i still can't get the crt to focus.

Help?
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

Newer Toshiba tubes (families KZN, LBT, LTF, etc.) have a unique double focus design. Grid 4 (which together with grid 3 forms the focusing lens), which is at fixed anode potential on standard tubes, here is adjustable as a voltage divider has been incorporated in the neck. The ground end of this divider is coupled to pin 4 of the CRT socket (an unused pin on standard tubes). To make it adjustable, pin 4 is connected to ground through a pot (located on the neckboard of the Toshiba D29C051 chassis but not present on your Sanwa replacement). On the Nanao MS2931 chassis it's not adjustable as a fixed 10 Mohm resistor was used instead. I suggest you examine the CRT socket on your chassis and see if pin 4 is actually present and if it is, solder a 10 Mohm resistor from it to ground to stop the arcing. A different value might be needed for a better focus.

This is the pinout of the CRT socket so you can see the numbering:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/8/8e/B10-277.jpg
akugou

Post by akugou »

Oh my, I don't think i totally understand all you've written... But i believe i get the general gist of things. Thank you so much for replying!!! I have hope again 🎊
PrincessPrinPrin

If you post a pic of the neckboard I'll show you what you need to do.
akugou

Post by akugou »

Thanks so much!!

Here you go:
IMG_20220603_153553.jpg
PrincessPrinPrin

Solder a 10 mega ohm 1/2W resistor across the yellow points:
IMG_20220603_153553.jpg
akugou

Post by akugou »

Thanks so much!!! Holy mother of FSM!!! That did it, the arching is gone the little color spots aswell. The only thing now is i still can't get it to focus... It's nearly there like 97% if i adjust the contrast and brightness to the proper levels. It's so close 🥲