Nanao ms8-18

For monitor related issues
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Nanao ms8-18

Post by radiantsvgun »

Hello, does anyone have one of these that they can share a picture or some information? I believe I have one based on some YAJ auctions but it looks identical to a nanao ms8-26. Long story short, I’m trying to find a backup chassis in case this sanwa can’t be fixed. Any help is appreciated!
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Re: Nanao ms8-18

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

The 18 has the HOT (yellow outline) in its proper place whereas on the 26 its mounted remotely on a smaller heat sink. And on the 18 there's no pincushion transformer in the middle of the chassis.
DSCN8939.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...

Post by radiantsvgun »

PrincessPrinPrin wrote: April 28th, 2022, 7:44 pm The 18 has the HOT (yellow outline) in its proper place whereas on the 26 its mounted remotely on a smaller heat sink. And on the 18 there's no pincushion transformer in the middle of the chassis.
DSCN8939.jpg
Thank you! I’ll double check the one I have when I get home- the next question - are these chassis compatible? Like can you use the 26 on an 18 or will it cause disastrous results?
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

Different enough not to be compatible.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...

Post by radiantsvgun »

So i got ahold of a ms8-18B, did a full recap, and paired it with the mini cute tube.

So after the recap, i have V hold issues, there are lines on the top half of the screen. If I make the image as small as possible, its less noticible, but full screen it almost loses hold completely. Any ideas?
Benimaru7
eBay: Benimaru7
Initials: Ben

Post by Benimaru7 »

I’ve got an MS8-18A and it’s the same layout as the board above.