Sanwa PW-1545

For monitor related issues
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Sanwa PW-1545

Post by radiantsvgun »

Anyone have any info on this chassis- I have it on a mini cute tube but information is sparse. I did some trouble shooting as far as caps and adjusting B+, but I can’t find any other information on it. It had some connectors spliced so I’m wondering if it’s for this tube at all. The H size pot is broken, and it’s one of those weird ferrite looking ones but it has an actual handle. Anyone have a manual, schematic or any repair info on it?
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Re: Sanwa PW-1545

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

Very similar to the PM1723. Old, obsolete design without diode modulator so no h size adjustment with pot, only with coil.
Sanwa PW1545.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...

Post by radiantsvgun »

PrincessPrinPrin wrote: April 24th, 2022, 1:55 pm Very similar to the PM1723. Old, obsolete design without diode modulator so no h size adjustment with pot, only with coil.

Sanwa PW1545.jpg
Oh wow, thank you so much!
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...

Post by radiantsvgun »

I wanted to follow up - repair of this consisted of a full recap, including the filters, the caps were still factory.

Bad solder all around, full reflow, and 4 of the adjustment pots needed to replaced.